996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Official 996 C4S Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
i don't like how your rear wheel gap is lower than the front.

all 911s should have the rear wheel gap higher than the front since all the weight is back there. BMWs.. front should have a little bigger gap than rear.
Ben i thought the same, but i looked into it... Front Lower than the Back is not "Proper/True Aerodynimics" and is Dangerous at High Speeds... The Front Lowers Itself by 1-2 CM at speed of Exices of 120 KMPH Or Higher... Thats why all Germans cars are higher in teh front than the back, because German cars are made for the AUTOBHAN where Speeds are 120 KMPH+

Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
sorry bud but that's incorrect. and i've put my car out at 150mph before no issues whatsoever. the gap we're talking about is also so miniscule it shouldn't even matter. heck, you switching up wheels, lowering your car would have more of an impact if any on "aerodynamics"

cmon man think it thru in practical terms.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:16 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
haha, i have h&r and i'm on the highest setting for the fronts since i have problems getting into my driveway and the ride quality is killing me. i'm up for a trade for the pss9s =P

Old 03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
seeing all these gorgeous C4S's (specifically 996's) is making me think about dropping the GT2M wing and going back to the retractable wing!!!!! HMMMMMMMM...................

Old 03-31-2008, 02:36 PM
flash80 is infamous around these parts
i don't like how your rear wheel gap is lower than the front.

all 911s should have the rear wheel gap higher than the front since all the weight is back there. BMWs.. front should have a little bigger gap than rear.
yeah, I had the rear raised about 6 mos ago over at Lucent--the negative camber in the rear was destroying the tires also. The rear is slightly higher than the front at this time.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by boochook
seeing all these gorgeous C4S's (specifically 996's) is making me think about dropping the GT2M wing and going back to the retractable wing!!!!! HMMMMMMMM...................
keep the rear wing, get the front oem aero lip to balance it out. always think about proportions front to back to side. you will regret going wingless as beautiful as the c4s wingless **** is.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, you're probably right. would I need to get the rocker panels as well (or just paint them to match)? How much is an OEM aero lip these days??? anybody got one in lapis blue??

keep the rear wing, get the front oem aero lip to balance it out. always think about proportions front to back to side. you will regret going wingless as beautiful as the c4s wingless **** is.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Smile

keep the wing! personally, i don't like the reflector and i lovee the gt2 wing. too bad i can't afford a GT2. anyways, here are updates on my car

Old 03-31-2008, 03:16 PM
^^ Looks fantastic!!!! looks like the wing is staying. hahaha.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:23 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of

Old 04-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
very nice.....

Old 04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
obligatory iphone pic

Name:  bumblebee2.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  40.3 KB

Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Highcard, I cant keep up with your mods... thats looking killer!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by HIGHcard

get the side and rear skirts... would be one fuqin unique c4s, that's gangster dog nice work so far

Old 04-10-2008, 10:20 PM
vick57 is infamous around these parts
polished rims with black centers look so fine against that yellow paint. i think i might like the front lip in yellow instead of black, but it still looks really cool. very nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 996 C4S Thread