996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Official 996 C4S Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
hey jay, i bet your car breaks necks. i really like it sans rear spoiler. you need to post up some **** shots in motion. only people who've done it understand how insanely aggressive and stout a car looks when the rear wheel wells are filled out and in our case 19x12 monsters, lowered, pushed out to the fenders without rubbing. PERFECT. people just DONT GET IT!

car looks incredible man. i'd love to see it on the highways. radio killah.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:13 PM
jcortney is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
hey jay, i bet your car breaks necks. i really like it sans rear spoiler. you need to post up some **** shots in motion. only people who've done it understand how insanely aggressive and stout a car looks when the rear wheel wells are filled out and in our case 19x12 monsters, lowered, pushed out to the fenders without rubbing. PERFECT. people just DONT GET IT!

car looks incredible man. i'd love to see it on the highways. radio killah.
Ben,

What size tires do you run with the 19's?

Thanks,

Joe

Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned
315/25 PS2s, bud. Key thing is to get 19x12s with the right offsets so you can slam that b!tch. Steamroller. Don't do the weak sauce 11s.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:39 PM
315/25 PS2s, bud. Key thing is to get 19x12s with the right offsets so you can slam that b!tch. Steamroller. Don't do the weak sauce 11s.
What's the proper offsets and what are you running up front?

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Old 10-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Banned
I actually forgot the offsets, but IIRC they're the same front and back for my Work Brombachers setup. I believe it was 52+, but I could be wrong. Peter @ Wheelexperts will know for sure. He's really the best guy on wheel fitment.

Fronts are 8.5s with 235/35.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:35 PM
I actually forgot the offsets, but IIRC they're the same front and back for my Work Brombachers setup. I believe it was 52+, but I could be wrong. Peter @ Wheelexperts will know for sure. He's really the best guy on wheel fitment.

Fronts are 8.5s with 235/35.
Thanks for the lead.

J.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Banned
jay funk the radio killah, upon second inspection (I like your photos above that much), it looks like your front wheels have too low of an offset. they protrude out a bit far. your front fenders doing aite? same goes for your rears. your tires look hella stretched.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Michael-Dallas is infamous around these parts
Yay for me, I bought my first Porsche last night, but had to proposed to my g/f.

It's a 2004 Atlas Gray C4S currently getting CPO'd at Park Place Porsche. Should be done tomorrow and hopefully pics will soon follow.

///Michael

Old 10-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Michael,

Congrats. That's where I got mine from last week. They did a great job getting it all ready so I'm sure you'll be really pleased.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by jcortney
Michael,

Congrats. That's where I got mine from last week. They did a great job getting it all ready so I'm sure you'll be really pleased.
Thanks Joe. I am envious that yours has the PSE, that will probably be my first upgrade. I bought my M3 from Kal Farris 4 years ago at Park Place Motorcars; I traded it in and bought the C4S from him last night. Kal is a real stand up guy and needs to put me on the frequent buyer program.

It's been... 12 hours since I dropped it off at Park Place this morning and I already miss it!!!

///Michael

Last edited by Michael-Dallas; 10-21-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Michael-Dallas
Thanks Joe. I am envious that yours has the PSE, that will probably be my first upgrade. I bought my M3 from Kal Farris 4 years ago at Park Place Motorcars; I traded it in and bought the C4S from him last night. Kal is a real stand up guy and needs to put me on the frequent buyer program.

It's been... 12 hours since I dropped it off at Park Place this morning and I already miss it!!!

///Michael
You and I must be cousins. I had a M3 that I traded to Park Place when they were in their old location. Rest easy, the P Car (especially the 4S) is light years more fun than the M3.

You need to join the PCA. The local club, Maverick Region is really active. If you've never autocrossed, you will love it. You'll learn to do things with your car you never dreamed you could in complete safety. Even more fun is the DE's (drivers education) runs. Motorsport Ranch is really amazing.

Take care,

Last edited by jcortney; 10-21-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by jcortney
You and I must be cousins. I had a M3 that I traded to Park Place when they were in their old location. Rest easy, the P Car (especially the 4S) is light years more fun than the M3.
Um, it wasn't a 2002 Titanium Silver/black 6-speed w/ 30k miles, was it? I bought it on 12/31/2004. And you're right, I can't believe I've been missing out this whole time!

You need to join the PCA. The local club, Maverick Region is really active. If you've never autocrossed, you will love it. You'll learn to do things with your car you never dreamed you could in complete safety. Even more fun is the DE's (drivers education) runs. Motorsport Ranch is really amazing.
I've actually done Maverick Region DE's a few times in the past, but I've got a membership at MSR now. I haven't gone in a year and a half though. I do need to fix that.

///Michael

Old 10-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Michael-Dallas
Um, it wasn't a 2002 Titanium Silver/black 6-speed w/ 30k miles, was it? I bought it on 12/31/2004. And you're right, I can't believe I've been missing out this whole time!

I've actually done Maverick Region DE's a few times in the past, but I've got a membership at MSR now. I haven't gone in a year and a half though. I do need to fix that.

///Michael
No, it was a Black/Black Cab.

Great, I'm glad you know about it. Hope to see you at MSR.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Banned
weird. i'm another M3 to c4s guy.

great, smooth.... commuter car. very comfortable, but wasn't nearly as special as the 911 experience and i gotta say the 911 gets WAAAAY more attn and i thought the m3 attracted a great deal.

i love the way the e46 m3 looks. such a bulldog stance. square. i wouldn't mind have a cab version of it with the same wheels and suspension i had on mine. would look insane.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:35 AM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
jay funk the radio killah, upon second inspection (I like your photos above that much), it looks like your front wheels have too low of an offset. they protrude out a bit far. your front fenders doing aite? same goes for your rears. your tires look hella stretched.
what up pimpin

thank you for the comments on the photo's. I didnt take em, my Vdub boys took em (they know all those settings and ****, SLR blah blah blah...)

I took the Pcar in a little different direction which kinda defeats the purpose but really, i live in Chicago the third largest city in the USA. I have no time for a track or autocrossing. If i did track it, i would just use the stock wheels.

since ive always been into the VIP styling of JDM rides and the Euro look of Vdubs i wanted to incorporate that a little into the S.

So I decided to use a set of new Dunlop tires i had left over from my E46 M3 (yes i am also a E46 to 996 convert) and stretch the tires on my wheels. took off the 315's and now riding 275/30/19 in the rear and have 225/30/19 in the front. I also picked up spacers and pushed the front and rears out a little more to give it that aggressive stance. I also lowered it on the PSS9's to get the fend gap just right.

car doesnt rub at all, unless i have a fat *** in the car (thats my one friend, he is 6'3 over 300lbs though). other than that, fronts are good and rears a even better. if your wondering why one side is red (like the way i bought them) and one side is black (gloss black lip) its because they GOT ME.....

the valet at the club, they curbed my wheels =(.

pics of my old M3:

Name:  img_8606.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  125.7 KB

Last edited by JayFunk; 10-22-2008 at 12:38 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 996 C4S Thread