996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Official 996 C4S Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:08 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah - never met Ray but he's TOP NOTCH from the interactions I've had with him!!! I'm scraping too here and there, so that's my concern as well. I just want a simple TT front lip to paint the body color.

As for the Champions, they're 19 x 8.5/11's set for the standard WB TT/C4S's on the 996 Platform. I'm running 245's on the fronts and 315's on the rears. I don't want TOO much of a bump out but heck, what's another 2MM.

Originally Posted by Zookie
Ray is a great guy to deal with, i know him personally and locally... But im not a big fan of Carbon on the outside specially since i scrape all the time

mmmm you could go 7mm all way around, what size tires are you running?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boochook
Yeah - never met Ray but he's TOP NOTCH from the interactions I've had with him!!! I'm scraping too here and there, so that's my concern as well. I just want a simple TT front lip to paint the body color.

As for the Champions, they're 19 x 8.5/11's set for the standard WB TT/C4S's on the 996 Platform. I'm running 245's on the fronts and 315's on the rears. I don't want TOO much of a bump out but heck, what's another 2MM.
Thats what i was running before a OEM TT Front Spoiler, but i left it black, it does look good Painted aswell... If you go back a few Pages from 08/07 you will see my Posts

mmmm my RG19's are 19 X 8/11.5's WB Offset, and im running 235/35 and 315/25 as per Champion MS... 7mm Should be fine for you

Last edited by Zookie; 02-11-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:54 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks dude. So the other question I have for you is, is that an MA SHAW front lip spoiler?

Originally Posted by Zookie
Thats what i was running before a OEM TT Front Spoiler, but i left it black, it does look good Painted aswell... If you go back a few Pages from 08/07 you will see my Posts

mmmm my RG19's are 19 X 8/11.5's WB Offset, and im running 235/35 and 315/25 as per Champion MS... 7mm Should be fine for you

Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

Thanks dude. So the other question I have for you is, is that an MA SHAW front lip spoiler?

You talking about post #663? If so - Factory aero lip.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
no its the Factory Aero Kit Front Spoiler, but i think MA SHAW makes Replica's

Old 02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Terry / Zookie - Thanks for confirming it's Factory Aero Kit front spoiler. I can't find it online, where did you get it and how much are they? Found this one for like $100.00 on eBay but it's just not doing it for me compared to what the stock C4S lip already is. The Factory Aero Kit one is drastically different.

Thanks guys!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 05:55 PM
I can't find it online, where did you get it and how much are they? Found this one for like $100.00 on eBay but it's just not doing it for me compared to what the stock C4S lip already is. The Factory Aero Kit one is drastically different.
these are you 2 options, both are Replica's http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...Q5fAccessories and http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...Q5fAccessories i have Both, but mine are Orginal's

Old 02-12-2010, 07:11 AM
^^Thanks Zookie!!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Altaran is infamous around these parts
Here's your 3rd option: a RUF front lip from the RTurbo I think.

link (this one is just a replica, I don't even want to know how much the genuine costs)

Old 02-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks Altaran - that RUF Replica looks like waaaaayyyyyyyy too much for me, but hell yeah, I can imagine if replica's go for 495, how much are the OEM's.....

Old 02-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Talking It's a bird...it's a plane....NO....it's a Twin Turbo'd 996 C4S

Ok guys. Not sure if many of you know, but I decided to stay within the C4S family (couldn't leave a great crew of guys...), so instead of picking up a 6TT, I decided to be even crazier and Twin Turbo my 996 C4S. Here's some shots of what the kit is, how it's installed and some really ROUGH/QUICK vids some guys got from our last GTG. The weather in the Mid-Atlantic has been nothing less than AWFUL, so I can't even enjoy the car. The preliminary dyno's have the car running just shy of 400HP to the wheels (about 470 @ the flywheel at just 5lbs of boost). Right now I'm running stock cats and headers, but that's next for me to start in Stage 2. I'm having an HKS Boost Controller installed this week/weekend and I'm hoping the weather holds clear, the freaking state figures out how to plow the roads, the HOA takes some of the monthly dues we give them and grab a front loader to clean the development, and I can not only bring Baby Blue home, but also take her out for a spin to stretch her NEW LEGS and get you guys some better vids!!! Please enjoy the look and sounds of the Garrett Turbo's and Tial DV's/Wastegates do what they do best and give that intoxicating WHOOOOSH like ALL turbo's should sound.....Yes, I'm CRAZY and have no idea what I was thinking when I did this....

ENJOY:

nikon1224092132.jpg?t=1262785330

AND HERE ARE THE VIDEOS:

Here's a little vid clip as well. I didn't open it up by any means, but I love the whistle/whoosh at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYHt7bk3rSQ

And another vid....don't mind the Lady GAGA playing in the Twin Turbo'd 996 GT3......hahahahaha......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lumc982lApM

Old 02-12-2010, 10:48 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
Great pics.......!

what brand tires are you running?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:00 PM
thx man. toyo proxes.

Originally Posted by rbuisa
Great pics.......!

what brand tires are you running?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:09 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
I love those tires...had Toyo T1R's on my '84

I am bummed they don't make them in the 295/30/18

not happy at all with my Pzeros

Old 02-12-2010, 11:48 PM
yeah, heard mixed results about the pzero's. try nitto invo's too. almost went with those but got an insane deal on these.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 996 C4S Thread