996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Official 996 C4S Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:17 PM
carrera4s03 is infamous around these parts
details

Not exactly plug-n-play, I am one of the sickest chassis, rollcage, suspension geometry mechanics you will find BUT electricials!!??!? i suck!! I had a ton of help from my friends at Protec motorsports in Greenville South Carolina, engine to trans, no problem, spec stage 2 + clutch, exhaust, bolted right up, Bill at Protec started on the electrical side, BUT i wanted to be able to run different tunes etc. so we shipped her up to Fabspeed, a couple grand later, POW animal C4S im sorry i wish i could tell you more, ill look at my files on the car this week and give you more

Old 11-08-2010, 11:48 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carrera4s03
Not exactly plug-n-play, I am one of the sickest chassis, rollcage, suspension geometry mechanics you will find BUT electricials!!??!? i suck!! I had a ton of help from my friends at Protec motorsports in Greenville South Carolina, engine to trans, no problem, spec stage 2 + clutch, exhaust, bolted right up, Bill at Protec started on the electrical side, BUT i wanted to be able to run different tunes etc. so we shipped her up to Fabspeed, a couple grand later, POW animal C4S im sorry i wish i could tell you more, ill look at my files on the car this week and give you more
If it only took a couple grand to sort out the tuning based on your mods, I say you did very well.

Did you port anything over from the older motor(sensors, manifold, etc)?

Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by carrera4s03
That would be cool.... or you can just PM me the info if you would rather go that route. Thanks bro!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 PM
2001Porsche911 is infamous around these parts
My new 04 C4S

Attached Images    
Old 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
gbennett is infamous around these parts
Ok, I'll cave and post pics of my "new" baby. It's a 2003 w/ ~55k. Bought it about 2 months ago from Dallas and drove home to the Washington DC area. Not a hint of trouble on the way and managed 27+ mpg to boot.

Mods can be seen in the sig, but some of them are still unidentified Unlisted mods include turbo chin spoiler thingy, repainted flaking shift boot horseshoe, aluminum pedal covers, and aftermarket headunit, amp and subwoofer behind back seats. And of course the ashtray delete. Oh, and recently deleted clutch pedal helper spring.

Anyway, here are a few pics. I didn't take them myself; they were taken by the dealer. They're the best I have at the moment!

Glad to be in the Porsche family!
Greg

Old 11-10-2010, 06:00 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Greg - Congrats buddy!!! Welcome to not only the Porsche Family, but also the C4S Family. I'm also in Northern VA (work in Reston). I used to live in Kingstowne Alexandria. Let me know when you want to get together. BTW - this is just the start of your modding. I ended up Twin Turbo'ing my C4S and absolutely love it. IMA Motorsport in Chantilly did it for me. Come by to some of the Cars & Coffee we have in the area. Go to the Mid-Atlantic Section on 6speed to see when the events are held.

Berk

Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 PM
howardm50 is infamous around these parts
My new (to me) 2004 C4S

Picked her up with 39K miles ... love it! First Porsche for me, looking forward to lots of miles and smiles!

Coffee break in Blackhawk...

Going over Loveland Pass (A-Basin ski runs in the background) ...

Old 11-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Pressman is infamous around these parts
04 c4s

Had mine a year... I'm still looking for the right body kit... Any suggestions?

Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2010, 11:48 AM
beegee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Pressman

leave it the way it is. classic lines.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Tons of P. owner which prefer to keep it stock, that said, I'm not one of them .
There's a lot of options out there and choosing which to go with is half the fun.
The frustrations of the actual work and paying for it not so much ... but as long as your happy with the end result it's all worth it!

I ended up going with Techart headlight masks, a 997 GT2 front bumper made to go on a 996 from Wicked Motor Works, Precision Porsche GT Street side skirts and a turbo decklid with an over-sized carbon fiber wing from Maxspeed Motorsports.

Only thing left to do is the GT Street rear bumper.

I know, it's stupid to spend copious amounts of money that you'll never get back...
But what a ride!!!

Good luck!

Sid.

Attached Images     
Old 11-21-2010, 11:43 PM
trisgale is infamous around these parts
03 bought last september with 39k
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53693931@N07/5197158889/http://www.flickr.com/photos/53693931@N07/5197158889/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/53693931@N07/, on Flickr

Old 11-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Pressman is infamous around these parts
996 Kits..

Thanks Sid, It's the front bumper that I'm looking to change, and you've given me my answer!

Old 11-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Thanks Sid, It's the front bumper that I'm looking to change, and you've given me my answer!
My pleasure, good luck!

Old 11-24-2010, 03:08 PM
RRaider911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trisgale
03 bought last september with 39k

DSC_8599 by trisgale, on Flickr
Very nice!!

Old 11-28-2010, 01:45 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
Nice rides. It's fun to make the car unique without going overboard

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 996 C4S Thread