996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Official 996 C4S Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JB Lifeguard
now that is funny!
sorry it was actully 10" Wide not 11"...

Old 02-09-2011, 12:11 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
My C4S has been sitting in the garage for 2 years. I haven't had a single service done and I'm looking to get it ready for this summer. Where should I begin? It also has an oil leak. Had a kid and wasn't able to drive it and I just couldn't bring myself to sell it.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Pressman is infamous around these parts
Start with tire pressures and oil level before you move it... Then before you run it too long take it to a good shop nearby for an oil change and maybe a service...

Old 02-09-2011, 01:00 PM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BostonCarrera4S
My C4S has been sitting in the garage for 2 years. I haven't had a single service done and I'm looking to get it ready for this summer. Where should I begin? It also has an oil leak. Had a kid and wasn't able to drive it and I just couldn't bring myself to sell it.
First of all, baby seats fit in nicely in back. that is how my first one, '72 911S to my wife as a "family car."

as to service, oil and brake fluid flush. the coolant probably is OK, but have it checked.

once it it moving, use brakes hard to polish off pad and rotors.

wiper blades may also need to be replaced.

good luck.

drive baby drive

JB

Old 02-09-2011, 03:15 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
What's the chances that the oil leak is the RMS problem? Should I do an oil change to see if there is a still a leak?

What kind of booster seats fit in the back? I have no problems using it as a family car now that I have a toddler. The infant seat was too much of a pain to put in the back every single time.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:58 PM
MemphisC4s is infamous around these parts
My C4s

Thinking about selling the wheels and going with a set of 997 stock turbo wheels..

Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 PM
M3Armand is infamous around these parts
My C4S has been sitting in the garage for 2 years. ... Had a kid and wasn't able to drive it and I just couldn't bring myself to sell it.
Lousy excuse to blame "having a kid". I bought mine when my kid was 8 months old and have been using the C4S to shuttle her around. She loves the sound. Now that she's 2, I ask her which car she wants to ride in...always the 911 or the Boxster S and never the other bigger cars. Now that she has a 4 month old sibling, I guess the Boxster S is out of the question. But you better believe both of them will be in the back seat of the 911...

Old 02-10-2011, 06:21 AM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
What's the chances that the oil leak is the RMS problem? Should I do an oil change to see if there is a still a leak?

What kind of booster seats fit in the back? I have no problems using it as a family car now that I have a toddler. The infant seat was too much of a pain to put in the back every single time.
Since my kids are in their 30s, i dont think I am quite up to date on child seats.

sorry

jb

Old 02-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by M3Armand
Lousy excuse to blame "having a kid". I bought mine when my kid was 8 months old and have been using the C4S to shuttle her around. She loves the sound. Now that she's 2, I ask her which car she wants to ride in...always the 911 or the Boxster S and never the other bigger cars. Now that she has a 4 month old sibling, I guess the Boxster S is out of the question. But you better believe both of them will be in the back seat of the 911...
Not so much an excuse but it’s my personal preference. Would you be able to recommend some boosters? I have an 8 and 3 year old.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:54 AM
M3Armand is infamous around these parts
Not so much an excuse but it’s my personal preference. Would you be able to recommend some boosters? I have an 8 and 3 year old.
Searching is your friend. But I'll link you anyway. See below.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...names-etc.html

Old 02-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Katmanz is infamous around these parts
Summer Here Yet???

Attached Images   

Last edited by Katmanz; 02-14-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Fun In The Snow.. my GF took teh video and pix then mashed it on her Mac with her Iphone 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDG4Uk_1RjE

Old 02-22-2011, 09:22 AM
trisgale is infamous around these parts
Nice Zookie,

If I tried that i'd be on You Tube with the title "911 drives through Tommy Hilfiger store window"

My first Porsche when I was a younger was a 914, that ended up in a ditch driving in the snow!!!

Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM
djg93 is infamous around these parts
Wow that was neat. Like to try that some day. Live in Ft. Lauderdale so it won't happen soon, Just had a track day at Homestead/Miami Speedway. What a gas that was. Super fast cars.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by trisgale
Nice Zookie,

If I tried that i'd be on You Tube with the title "911 drives through Tommy Hilfiger store window"
lol ahaha true that... this is my First P-Car... currently shoping for a Newer P-Car :P

Originally Posted by djg93
Wow that was neat. Like to try that some day. Live in Ft. Lauderdale so it won't happen soon, Just had a track day at Homestead/Miami Speedway. What a gas that was. Super fast cars.
lol come up north... we have Driving Schools for driving in the Snow... Yea dont worry i have 12 Track Days booked at Mosport International Speedway this year

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 996 C4S Thread