996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Official 996 C4S Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 AM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
AGREED!!!
This has got to be one of the nicer ones out there for sure!
+1

I like the paint job too!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:24 AM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FLY996
Misha GTM
I wonder if that wing would look nice on my Cab? I'm looking to update the look on my C4S Cab and always considered changing the wing that I currently have on it.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:26 PM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FlipMo
Yes but you wasted it by posting nothing worth posting. Somebody else wouldve celebrated the honor by posting something significant.
cheap shot....

Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by judgejon
cheap shot....
It's just someones opinion.
One can take it or leave it, we're not changing the world here .

Old 08-23-2011, 02:02 PM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
It's just someones opinion.
One can take it or leave it, we're not changing the world here .
yes, you're right. My apology to all, no offense intended.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:14 PM
chrisw75 is infamous around these parts
Smile Our baby came home today

My time has arrived. I just took delivery of a 02' 996 C4S and cannot wipe the grin off my face. I am amazed at how nice it rides and drives, comfort wise. This could easily be a daily driver. My first Porsche. Car came from Dallas to our home in Ashburn, VA after a year long search/quest. Looking back, I should have flown in and drove back as some have suggested.

Also, I must say, the Porsche Sports Exhaust is something special. You just cant help but smile every time she boots up. I was a little concerned it might be too loud for me(and others). However, I was dead wrong, it is one of the prettiest purrs I have heard. Thanks to those who convinced me and shared their thoughts.

I am thinking of is a K&N filter change(upgrade) or cold air charger kit. I would welcome any feedback if you have experience.

Love the thread, loyalty and group here. Some great pics and advice. Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrisw75
My time has arrived. I just took delivery of a 02' 996 C4S and cannot wipe the grin off my face. I am amazed at how nice it rides and drives, comfort wise. This could easily be a daily driver. My first Porsche. Car came from Dallas to our home in Ashburn, VA after a year long search/quest. Looking back, I should have flown in and drove back as some have suggested.

Also, I must say, the Porsche Sports Exhaust is something special. You just cant help but smile every time she boots up. I was a little concerned it might be too loud for me(and others). However, I was dead wrong, it is one of the prettiest purrs I have heard. Thanks to those who convinced me and shared their thoughts.

I am thinking of is a K&N filter change(upgrade) or cold air charger kit. I would welcome any feedback if you have experience.

Love the thread, loyalty and group here. Some great pics and advice. Thanks.
Hey welcome and congrats!

Great first post.
Put a smile to my face, yup there's nothing like owning your first P.
before ya start any "performance" jobs get a feel for the car first and drive it till the wheels come of

Enjoy!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Neb
Neb is infamous around these parts
Hi everyone,
here's my first post. Just picked up a 2003 C4S, in yellow. I am very excited as this is my first P-car.

Currently at the dealer getting some CPO work done.

One thing the dealer refuses to replace is on one of the headlight there are small cracks all around the seal, I will try to take a pict of it when I et the car back, it looks like the plastic was stressed and these small cracks starts to form over time. Anyone else have something like that? The other headlight has already been replaced 2 yrs ago and looks brand new.

Any advice?

Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 PM
MJ3
MJ3 is infamous around these parts
AGREED!!!
This has got to be one of the nicer ones out there for sure!
Agreed Agreed ! The low stance add significant sexiness to the car. Here, the streets of LA will only allow so much drop

Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 AM
RideSurf is infamous around these parts
ok, i'm inspired to rim my 05 up.

My babies.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 PM
LOS
LOS is infamous around these parts
I love this thread! Great pics and stories. I'll post better pics of my car soon!

LOS

Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Worldisyourz is infamous around these parts
Nice car!

Old 10-11-2011, 02:00 PM
How much was the Turbo Kit?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
weird. i'm another M3 to c4s guy.

great, smooth.... commuter car. very comfortable, but wasn't nearly as special as the 911 experience and i gotta say the 911 gets WAAAAY more attn and i thought the m3 attracted a great deal.

i love the way the e46 m3 looks. such a bulldog stance. square. i wouldn't mind have a cab version of it with the same wheels and suspension i had on mine. would look insane.
Nice car!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:27 AM
wakeryder is infamous around these parts
Great thread and pics. I love my C4S!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 996 C4S Thread