996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Official 996 C4S Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Arin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to behold
This is my C4S. It's an older picture. I've since installed GT2 coilovers and widened the lips in the rear. I'm stretching 295 big time right now I need 315. However I MAY sell it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-30-2012, 06:51 AM
ctoro99 is infamous around these parts
why oh why...?

So why sell it after all that work...something newer? I was too looking at going to a slightly wider tire out back (just for astetics) but everyone is telling to stick w/ the 295s. Id love to go up to 315s (305s at least) and...its getting to be that time.

Thoughts....?

Originally Posted by Arin
This is my C4S. It's an older picture. I've since installed GT2 coilovers and widened the lips in the rear. I'm stretching 295 big time right now I need 315. However I MAY sell it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Arin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ctoro99
So why sell it after all that work...something newer?
I'm not a fan of the 997 unless it's a GT3/GT2. I like the 991 but I don't like buying brand new, I don't see the value in it. I'm thinking about selling off all of my toys so I can buy some rental property. I have my eyes on an Ariel Atom in 3-5 years. I drove one the other day and there's nothing like it.

I was too looking at going to a slightly wider tire out back (just for astetics) but everyone is telling to stick w/ the 295s. Id love to go up to 315s (305s at least) and...its getting to be that time.

Thoughts....?
Follow your heart. But most importantly understand that it's a offset game. You MUST MUST have a person that knows what he's talking about when it comes to offsets because you don't want to play with spacers and rubbing. I'm able to put 315's on without a single spacer, it wasn't an overnight thing, it cost quite a bit and took a while to perfect it but it got done. If I sell my car I'm going to sell the wheels separately let me know if you're interested, I just refinished them a month ago, they are in perfect condition.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the advise Erin. So what yor are telling me is that the 315s won't necessarily go on the stock 18x11 rims on the back on the C4S? Also, do you have close-up pics of your rims?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Stone_05 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the advise Erin. So what yor are telling me is that the 315s won't necessarily go on the stock 18x11 rims on the back on the C4S? Also, do you have close-up pics of your rims?
I'd like to see closeups as well. Car looks great!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:18 AM
150shot is infamous around these parts
Havent posted here in a while..heres shot from earlier this year.

Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Nice back shot!

I finally picked up mine yesterday!!! PPI checked out and so I took some advice from others and flew out and drove it back 8 hours the same day. I was exhausted when I returned home around 9:30pm. I just couldn't part with a grand to ship it home. One way ticket cost $110 + gas. Probably the best 8 hours of driving I've had! The time on the road gave me a opportunity to get used to the car. I'll take pics and post shortly. Still in the bed recuperating from the long day. Proud owner of a '04 Black/Black C4S!

Old 08-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Thumbs up

Congratulations! I'm sure it was a great drive back home. Sounds a lot like my story. So....where did you go pick it up? What's the first thing on your list of things to do? and ... did you join the club? They can keep you as involved as you want to be with the club and your car. Going to pick up the car is to me, they way to go. Make a day (or two) of it, see it and inspect it before the deal is sealed and take that first long drive on it. Can't beat it. Again, congratulations!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:43 AM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
I had to take a trip to get my C4S also, I live in RI and the car was in Long Island. My father and I had to get up at 5 in the morning to catch the ferry to LI. We grabbed a coffee and headed to the boat, was a nice calm trip over to LI. I was so excited I couldn't even sit still on the boat. My father was so excited for me, he has been a Porsche owner for many years now. When we got off the boat is was almost a 2hr ride to the dealership the Porsche was at. We got there and my father and I took the car for a test drive. We were both laughing hysterically. Neither of us could believe I was getting my first Porsche. We then finalized the deal and my father and I was back on the road to catch the ferry going home. We were running late so I figured I would use that time to test the power of my new beast, letrs just say I went from running late to being 10 min early lol. I knew what I had when it came time to load the car on the ferry and the people who worked on the ferry made me wait and had me load my car on last and let me pull away from any other cars. People stood there and looked at me in amazement, they couldn't believe a 24 year old hoped out the driver seat of a 911 lol. That was by far the best day of my life, to forfill a dream and being able to do it with my best friend/father was just an amazing feeling. That is a memory I will forever cherish and never forget.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Congratulations! I'm sure it was a great drive back home. Sounds a lot like my story. So....where did you go pick it up? What's the first thing on your list of things to do? and ... did you join the club? They can keep you as involved as you want to be with the club and your car. Going to pick up the car is to me, they way to go. Make a day (or two) of it, see it and inspect it before the deal is sealed and take that first long drive on it. Can't beat it. Again, congratulations!
Thanks!! I'm pretty excited that I'm finally a Porsche owner. I flew out to Columbus Ohio after getting the green light from the PPI and talking to the mechanic. Only failure was the broken cupholder ($500). I think I can live with that . The owner picked me up from the airport and then let me drive the car before sealing the deal. Then I stopped at the store for some 5 hour energy, peanut m&m's, pringles and a couple Mountain Dews. Funny because the cashier said.."something tells me you have to stay alert for a while". I was up at 5am that morning and had to make a flight out of Baltimore so I was a little tired. I must say I was a little concerned/depressed when the navigation said 7hr 54min from home. I was carrying three wheels with me so comfort was a challenge. The 4th wheel wouldn't fit anywhere so we ended up stopping at the UPS store to ship before I rolled out. I finally set out with overcast and threats of rain. On the road about an hour or so and got a couple looks here and there. Then some guy in a beat up Chevy Cavalier pulls up next to me, looks over, cuts over in front of me and turns on his windshield wiper fluid. It shoots straight over his car and lands all over the front of my car and the windshield. I think he modified his to shoot that high because it was a single stream of liquid. I was pretty pissed, but I was in the middle of nowhere so I just kept my distance. That's when I was getting a little worried about being on the road in unfamiliar land by myself. My wife had me on the phone most of the trip. She was tracking me on her iPad from home and letting me know what towns were coming up next and the traffic reports. I was trying to make it to Maryland without stopping but I ended up pulling over at the end of PA. I finally submitted to the Mountain Dews and all that caffeine! Once I got into Maryland I was feeling more comfortable. I was about 3 hours out at that point and still had 1 1/2 hours of daylight left. The weather held up all the way until I got about an hour from home. It poured down raining in Alexandria for about 5 minutes and then again in Springfield. Then it stopped and was dry and smooth sailing for the next 15 minutes in. I was exhausted when I got home. Mainly due to the uncomfortable seating position I was in and mentally drained from worrying about being by myself and the "what ifs". If I had to do it again I would but not alone. The ride back allowed me to really get used to the car and get a good feel for it on the road. I absolutely love it! I've lurked on this site for a while and finally decided on the 911. Then I really feel in love with the 4S model after browsing this thread. Glad to officially join the family and look forward to learning more from all the knowledgeable members on here!
- Rob

Last edited by Stone_05; 08-13-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:37 PM
lingpoen is infamous around these parts
i wasn't feelin to good 2day....so i just sat in my garage for awhile....

Attached Images   
Old 08-14-2012, 05:27 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN;

I know exactly how you feel. The idea of finally owning one is exhilarating to say the least. Not sure if anyone else does this but, I find myself stepping out to the garage under any dumb excuse just to catch a glimpse (if not a minor inspection) of the beast. It looks good just sitting there.

I recommend you join the club - lots of fun benefits to it.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Stone_05:

Did you look on the Pelican Parts site? I believe they have the cup holder for our model year. So you mentioned MD and VA. I'm in Baltimore and my son actually resides with his Mom in VA. Are you in the area? We recently had a Tech talk up my way which was very informative. The people were great and the food was amazing. Took my oldest daughter with me - she was all into the event which was nice. Again, I'm a very new owner myself learning ins and outs. Was hoping to get slightly bigger tires in the back (305s) but most advised against it - but this might be material for a different place on the forum. You got extra tires with yours --- what size are they if you don't mind?

Old 08-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Did you look on the Pelican Parts site? I believe they have the cup holder for our model year. So you mentioned MD and VA. I'm in Baltimore and my son actually resides with his Mom in VA. Are you in the area? We recently had a Tech talk up my way which was very informative. The people were great and the food was amazing. Took my oldest daughter with me - she was all into the event which was nice. Again, I'm a very new owner myself learning ins and outs. Was hoping to get slightly bigger tires in the back (305s) but most advised against it - but this might be material for a different place on the forum. You got extra tires with yours --- what size are they if you don't mind?
I haven't looked on the Pelican Parts site yet for the cupholder. I used to go there for parts for my M5. I'm actually in Southbridge which is in between Woodbridge and Dumfries. I'm usually all around the DMV(DC,Md,VA) area. The seller threw in turbo twist wheels along with brand new Blizak tires. I believe they are all 245's. This was his only car so he had a winter set up. Right now I have 295's on the back which look great but I'd like to go to 305's too. Just don't want to do anything the jeopardize the ride or the power. I'm all new to Porsche. I was all about BMW for the past 10 years. Let me know when the next Tech talk is. I'd be interested in attending.

So just to keep the theme of this thread going....here's a quick pic of my 04 C4S resting quietly......for now.

Attached Images  
Old 08-15-2012, 07:30 PM
That's funny Stone, I had a 318 bought new in '95 and later a used '99-528-5Spd., that thing moved. Don't feel lime the lone ranger, I've been at the Porsche game for all of 2 months now, although I've been an enthusiast since I was in middle school and a 911 cut a turn right in front on me - of course I was on foot ... and in love. I really like the Turbo Twists that came with the and have no need for winter tires since ... well, you know. I have been looking for the 305s for the back but they are hard to find unless you're willing to go with a track tire. If you come across something please share. And do check out Pelican, I thought I saw the cup holders there. What I need is a driver side visor mirror flip door - again, if you find one let me know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 996 C4S Thread