996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Agency Power Exhaust mufflers- opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 03:05 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Agency Power Exhaust mufflers- opinions?

Thinking of upgrading the exhaust and getting the GIAC flash. I already have a K/N intake (yet to be installed).

Came across a good deal on an Agency exhaust- I'm new to upgrades on P cars, any info is appreciated.
I want to avoid excessive rumble at idle and droning noise while improving the sound on accelleration (and add a few more ponies). My stock exhaust is just too tame

Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
neijia is infamous around these parts
I'm sure a lot of people will chime in, it's been discussed extensively... seems it all comes down to personal preference. Go meet up with some owners who have installed various brands, see what you like. I like Fabspeed myself, not to wild, not too tame; the sound is just right, almost right enough to get into trouble with those strange flashing blue and red lights in the rear view ~ good luck

Old 05-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I had AP mufflers on my 02 996 and liked them. They sounded stock until you got into the throttle. Even then they were not loud, but they had a nice tone under acceleration. The best thing you can do is find a meet where there are going to be several cars and listen to the different mufflers. That's the only way to decide what you will like.

Last edited by Onetime; 05-07-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:08 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for your candid answers - greatly appreciated. I guess I will get my lazy behind over to some meets and check things out.

btw, I did try searching the forums for threads on Agency Exhaust but came up with nada.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
I've seen so many mixed reviews regarding the difference in sound comparing Agency Power to Fabspeed. I would prefer the louder one, can anyone help with feedback on this? I am also in the market for mufflers as well.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I've never heard Fabspeed, but I've heard the GHL and PSE. They all sound very different. To throw something else at you, Flojo had his mufflers modified at a LA area shop and I loved the way they sounded. Before you spend $1000, make sure you listen to as many as possible. If you like, I'll contact the guy who bought my C2 and see if he's up to meet with you so you can hear the APs.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:04 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Onetime
I've never heard Fabspeed, but I've heard the GHL and PSE. They all sound very different. To throw something else at you, Flojo had his mufflers modified at a LA area shop and I loved the way they sounded. Before you spend $1000, make sure you listen to as many as possible. If you like, I'll contact the guy who bought my C2 and see if he's up to meet with you so you can hear the APs.
That would be awesome! My only problem is, I'm 2.5 hrs south of Chicago. Unfortunately its a trek from the middle of the corn fields here.....

Old 05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Doh!
Ok Porsche3 let me know.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Onetime
Doh!
Ok Porsche3 let me know.
onetime- ya man, that would be very nice of you to hook that up. I'm in Hawaii this week (long needed vacation, visiting family here and all...) but anytime after this next weekend is cool.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 PM
I'll give dude a shout and see what he says. He's over on the westside too so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 AM
chopper is infamous around these parts
I'm actually looking at the agency headers.. If any one has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 PM
hblocal is infamous around these parts
Do a search for AP exhaust and you should get a couple of threads. Not to mention on youtube theres good videos.

I was in the same boat and almost went with the AP's but ended up with the EVO mufflers. The thought of the AP's making your tips stick out a few inches grossed me out. My advice is to just fork out the extra shells and get the PSE. It's the only exhaust that sounds natural to our cars and a great sound it is indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSRhUVzOru4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYwO_...eature=related

Last edited by hblocal; 04-30-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:15 AM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
I had the Fabspeeds on my 99 C2 and was very happy with them.
Fit and finish were great, the sound at idle is a bit louder than stock, under acceleration they come to life with a glorious howl, if you are soft on the throdle you should'nt have any problems around authorities, If you have a lead foot, than you will definatly get peoples attention!

Also note, the sound changes after the break in period, tone gets deeper.

The only thing negative was the drone in the lower RPM's, putting around town they can be a nuisance, in my car it made the dash rattle a bit and seemed that it got worse over time from the constant vibration, not a big problem, just tighten the fasteners over time or put some sort of buffer where plastic pieces meet.

I noticed in my BMW they do it like that from the factory, they use tiny felt strips.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:30 AM
chopper is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the reply.. I already have Techart mufflers I'm just adding the AP headers.. I ordered them yesterday regardless so I'll let everyone know how this combo sounds. Hopefully I'll get a little performance as well. Out of all the upgrades I've done to my car, the most impressive was the sachs clutch kit with the light weight flywheel. It's noisy as hell but what a differnce in performance. It's like the engine came to life without that extra 20lbs of rotating mass. If you don't mind the noise, I highly recommend it.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:44 AM
wyldstyle is infamous around these parts
From a lot of people I have spoken with....the best bargain and sound besides the PSE....is the PSE hack with 3.6L mufflers. Sounds deeper and louder than fabspeed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power Exhaust mufflers- opinions?