996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Rejex Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Rejex Question

I'm putting a coat of Rejex on my car tonight, should I let it dry on it overnight or will that damage the paint? Will it introduce any scratches when I take it off? I'm looking for the best way to make it bond to paint.

P.S. I already posted this in the detailing section in case some has good advice but don't visit that section.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:27 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
In my experience, it pretty much binds after it dries. Rather than wait overnight, you would be beter served placing 2 coats on it.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks, I wiped tonight's coat off. I'll let tomorrow's coat dry on it.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:43 PM
NIKAS is infamous around these parts
Rejex is awesome stuff - I live in harsh marine climate and it really holds up. Last application was applied very sparingly about 6 mos ago. It is ching ching mating season and the birds nest right above my car this time of year - bird **** and other sediments are flaking right off with light finger or water pressure - no problem. Works really well on wheels where brake pad dust problems can form. I think you are going to be really happy with your efforts.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Thumbs up

I did use it before, I'm curious what would be the best cure method. I LOVE REJEX!

Old 05-15-2007, 07:58 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
I just started using it and am running into a few issues.

1. it does not buff off very easy.
2. it leaves a 'haze' in the paint that I cannot easily take off, but the haze is only in certain areas of the car. I had to buff like mad to remove the haze, and in some spots it's still there!

The finish on my car is very good, with exception of swirl marks.

I've done two coats of Rejex already, in the shade / cool day, anyone know what might be causing the above issues?

Old 05-15-2007, 08:23 AM
If it's hard to buff off then you left it on too long, I tried and left it on my windows on Thursday and it was tough to get it off and yes I still have some spots. Leave it on for 20 mins and then wipe it off. The next day wipe your car down with some quick detailer to get any haze out.

As for swirl marks those are from washing and drying the car, or some grits stuck in your towels, wash mitts. Also, when you apply Rejex go back and forth or big ovals not in circles.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:29 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks- well i left it on for about 15-20 mins before buffing it off. i'll try a shorter duration next time.

what spray detail are you referring to- Is it non-wax-based spray? -since the Rejex is non-wax, you wouldn't want to wax over it correct?

Yeah the swirl marks were there when I bought the car. Need to buff those out...

Old 05-15-2007, 08:36 AM
You can't wax before rejex but some wax over it. I use Adam's detail spray, I like it because I use it on everything including windows, headlights and doesn't seem to harm the rubber either.

Use Megiuar's Swirl Remover 2.0 to get the swirls out. Not sure if it removes the Rejex, does anyone know? You probably need to Rejex over it but not sure if it'll work over Rejex. Someone chime in please!

Old 05-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Pepper Brooks is infamous around these parts
where can i get rejex?

Old 05-17-2007, 04:12 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
I used Rejex once and only once.. I'll leave it at that!!

Old 05-17-2007, 04:55 PM
on ebay, of course!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rejex-Cream-One-...QQcmdZViewItem

offer $100, they will accept it. ship is free and prompt. The gallon is the best deal.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:58 PM
smoothcab- What didn't you like about it? I've already noticed that it is holding up much better than wax and is definitely a slicker finish. bird droppings and tree sap do not stick..
The 'haze' I saw was from the wax residual under the rejex. so far I'm liking it, but I definitely want to hear some experienced feedback.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
We are a stocking distributor for Rejex (and a board sponsor too)....

BumperPlugs.com

And if you have any other questions, email me anytime:

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by p0rsch3
on ebay, of course!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rejex-Cream-One-...QQcmdZViewItem

offer $100, they will accept it. ship is free and prompt. The gallon is the best deal.
You don't need a gallon, only a small bottle will last you two years. Get it from Eric, excellent service and quick to ship.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rejex Question