996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Nightshots with a tripod! WOW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:59 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Nightshots with a tripod! WOW!

As some of you remember..my last nighttime photo shoot was OK...but this time I used a tripod and understood the manual setting on my PnS camera that I am much more happier with the outcome. So...whatcha think?

and I left my gun at home this time

Old 05-19-2007, 02:23 PM
tshack is infamous around these parts
sweet pics!

Old 05-19-2007, 02:50 PM
xdream is infamous around these parts
Awesome pix AI, now bring me back my car. Didn't say you can keep it....

Old 05-19-2007, 02:52 PM
ebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to all
Great Pics

Nice pics. I really like how your car looks. I have a 2000 Cab but it doesn't look as nice as yours especially with those 19" rims....

Old 05-19-2007, 03:02 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Most excellent photos with P&S. Which camera do you have? What were your settings?

Old 05-19-2007, 04:09 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
nice! great work.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:17 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet pics, I wish I had a nice car to practice on...

Old 05-19-2007, 04:55 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by newport996
nice! great work.
wow..props from NEWPORT!!! I am very very happy now!
I bought one of those suction cup mounts...so I am hoping to copy your action shots of the car moving...top down!

as for my camera - its a Canon A700 Powershot. Only 6MP, but I just started learning and playing with the long exposures...and what the numbers mean in manual! hahahaa...the "Trinity of Photography" - Aperture, ISO, Shutter Speed. By the end of the year I am hoping to move up to a Rebel XTi or another DSLR.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
You are on your way.....

Old 05-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by ebcarrera
Nice pics. I really like how your car looks. I have a 2000 Cab but it doesn't look as nice as yours especially with those 19" rims....
thanks for the compliments...the wheels are 19" Champion 3 piece.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by newport996
You are on your way.....
hey NEWPORT...one of these day we need to meet up and shoot a RAIDER'S photo shoot! SILVER AND BLACK ATTACK!!

It would look cool...especially if we shoot some B&W.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:06 PM
kermit_S is infamous around these parts
sweet pic irving...see you tonight

Old 05-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
very nice... sharp and clean, keep it going and keep us posted... do the graffiti shots at night!

Last edited by Redridge; 05-20-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:08 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
tripod FTW!!! that is one SEXY SEXY SEXY pre-facelift...so when do you plan on taking off the blue headlight tint i love how the oem look of your headlights complimented your champions sick stuff man!

Old 05-21-2007, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by HIGHcard
tripod FTW!!! that is one SEXY SEXY SEXY pre-facelift...so when do you plan on taking off the blue headlight tint i love how the oem look of your headlights complimented your champions sick stuff man!
I was waiting to hear the words about the blue tint...but what can I say..I wanted the "GMG" look!

hmm..shooting the graffiti walls at night huh? hmm...I may need to go with someone. Those were in the not so great parts of town.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nightshots with a tripod! WOW!