996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Pearl Silver on cover of EXCELLENCE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:55 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Pearl Silver on cover of EXCELLENCE

http://www.excellence-mag.com/

You guys see the RUF cover of this month's EXCELLENCE?

What paint is that? It is theeeee sweetest silver pearl I have ever seen. I was thinking...how much would it cost to "upgrade" my current ARCTIC SILVER cab to this color?

I am guessing it wouldnt and shouldnt cost too much since the silver is already a base coat. They would have to color sand, get down down to the paint...spray some luminiscent pearl crap or candy....and voila right?

Its not like I am painting a BLACK car WHITE..or vice versa right? Arctic Silver to a Pearl Silver shouldnt be too hard right?

What do you guys think?

if its not too much...it may be worth a weekend drop off at a body shop for paint. I dont have any dents or dings on the car..so it would be a straight paint job....hmmm....plus I have a cab...only half a car right? Come on guys...help me validate this in my head!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:42 AM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
FREEZE dont do it...youll kill your resale value and there is no justification in re-painting a car similar to your existing color while sacrificing the sexy sexy sexy quality of your current OEM paint IMHO just drop that cash on other mods like painting your side mirrors and roof black or something

Old 06-14-2007, 06:20 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Thumbs down

+1. I wouldn't do it. Your car looks great the way it is.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 AM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Unless you have big a$$ dents and scratches don't do it!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
I didnt think of resale value...

thanks for making me think twice! but...you gotta admit...that pearl is nice!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
I'm not really a fan of the pearl. I think that RUF would look a lot better in a more aggresive color(I think it was mentioned in the article too). Does have a nice bling factor to it tho if you're into that

Old 06-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Daggie is infamous around these parts
You have no idea what you're talking about I'm affraid.

I resprayed 2 cars (and one I did twice).

You always have to sand the entire car and start from that. If you haven't done any bods you only need to paint it and put coating on it ('vernis' in Dutch ..).

And a cab is more expensive .. less paint, more work. It's more difficult to remove (but that's extreme) or 'tape' the cab to make sure it doesn't get painted ...

This is what I mean: top is completely 'taped':

(I wish a cab, half a car was also half the price of a coupé )

Now that Ruf car looks like "Liquid Silver" from Standox .. which is an expensive color ... that is so ugly in real it will hurt your eyes ... You really don't want it (if it's Liquid Silver).

Originally Posted by AsianImage
http://www.excellence-mag.com/

You guys see the RUF cover of this month's EXCELLENCE?

What paint is that? It is theeeee sweetest silver pearl I have ever seen. I was thinking...how much would it cost to "upgrade" my current ARCTIC SILVER cab to this color?

I am guessing it wouldnt and shouldnt cost too much since the silver is already a base coat. They would have to color sand, get down down to the paint...spray some luminiscent pearl crap or candy....and voila right?

Its not like I am painting a BLACK car WHITE..or vice versa right? Arctic Silver to a Pearl Silver shouldnt be too hard right?

What do you guys think?

if its not too much...it may be worth a weekend drop off at a body shop for paint. I dont have any dents or dings on the car..so it would be a straight paint job....hmmm....plus I have a cab...only half a car right? Come on guys...help me validate this in my head!

Old 06-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
The car was at ESSEN Motorshow 2006.

I've posted MANY pics of this car. Search.

It looks quite nice I think.

http://www.ruf.se/galleri/ many pages

Old 06-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Daggie
You have no idea what you're talking about I'm affraid.

I resprayed 2 cars (and one I did twice).

You always have to sand the entire car and start from that. If you haven't done any bods you only need to paint it and put coating on it ('vernis' in Dutch ..).

And a cab is more expensive .. less paint, more work. It's more difficult to remove (but that's extreme) or 'tape' the cab to make sure it doesn't get painted ...

This is what I mean: top is completely 'taped':

(I wish a cab, half a car was also half the price of a coupé )

Now that Ruf car looks like "Liquid Silver" from Standox .. which is an expensive color ... that is so ugly in real it will hurt your eyes ... You really don't want it (if it's Liquid Silver).
great info...and thanks for the pics. So with a cab...its less paint more work....hmmm...

well now I know...

thanks for the 411.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
Pearl Porsche? I like Arctic better.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:56 PM
tshack is infamous around these parts
I say go for it. Pearl White is a sick color. My buddy did it with a blue clearcoat on his 300zx and it came out very nice. Big problem with pearl is that it requires half a dozen layers and if you ever have to touch up it usualy some places have to redo the entire car. (he was rear ended and they couldnt match it so they redid the whole car).