996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Site Sponsor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned
ExoticaPorsche is infamous around these parts
New Site Sponsor

Hello guys,

I just want to introduce myself and company. We specialize in high end products for your Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. We are a dealer for Tubi, Brembo, Novitec, TechArt and even produce our own line of carbon products. We are currently working on making carbon for the F430 Ferrari and Gallardo Lamborghini. We would like to help you out purchase your next product with good prices and excellent customer service. Call us the next time you need something and we will show you what you have been missing!

Old 06-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
what cf parts do you have for the c2 996??? thank you and welcome!

Old 06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jstrat85
what cf parts do you have for the c2 996??? thank you and welcome!
All carbon we carry from MACarbon.

Carbon interior kit I, vehicles starting model year 2002, center console, window switch panel, ashtray, gauge trim, center airvent panel, seat heater switch panel $3380

Carbon interior kit II, side airvents, windshield defroster vents, alarm sensor cover $2800

996 AC Horseshoe Navi 2002+
This assembly houses the AC vents and navigation controls. Includes the internal frame which provides the lower cross bar. $625

996 AC Horseshoe Non-Navi 2002+
This assembly houses the AC vents, AC controls, and radio. Includes the internal frame which provides the lower cross bar. Square AC surround sold separatly. $625

996 Instrument Cluster
Frame your gauges with our carbon instrumentsurround. This is a part that you'll appreciate every time you get in the car. $450

996 Mirror Shells
Our mirrors are the best on the market. All edges are perfectly straight with a lacquered black interior lip. When comparing to other brands, our carbon wraps around to the inside of the sheel to provide extra protection against delamination. $950

AC Control Surround
We even have the small trim piece around the AC controls! This is also used to surround the optional stereo controls as seen in this photo. $115

AC Control Surround (Curved)
This piece surrounds the AC control in the upper dash. In some cars, above the radio the piece curves outwards towards the passengers. (Usually 1999-2001) Later cars have a flat profile. Please check your car before ordering. $115

AC Control Surround (Flat)
This piece surrounds the AC control in the upper dash. In some cars, above the controls, the piece curves outwards towards the passengers. Other cars have a flat profile. Please check your car before ordering. $115

AC Horseshoe Non-Navi '99-01
The center vent is the major focus of the 996 dash. The piece includes the top, sides, the strip under the vent, and the bottom under the stereo. The square AC control surround is sold separately. $675

Batwing Switch Holder (0 Hole)
The non-switch switch holder! 0 hole version. $105

Batwing Switch Holder (2 Hole)
The center console switch holder. Commonly known as the batwing. This is the 2 hole version. $115

CD Holder Surround
Replace the plastic trim around the CD holder with our carbon version. We also recommend replacing the CD holder with the Upper storage bin - which is the same cost and more useful! $175

Cabriolet Map Light
Replace that big black plastic map light on your cabriolet. Our carbon version provides a great look with the top down! NOTE: Non-sunroof coupe part shown. Cab part similar. $325

Center Console MY1999
A great upgrade to the interior!The difference between '99 and 2000+ is the console lid attachment point. Includes center console, handbrake panel, and ashtray unit. $1275

Center Console MY2000+
The center console consists of four separate carbon pieces including the console, switch panel, ashtray, and handbrake surround. Core exchange. $1275

Cup holder
Blasphemy! Who uses a cup holder in a 911...ummm well... it would make the morning commute easier... Included is the cupholder assembly itself ($98 from Porsche) and the carbon trim plate. A new AC trim is required since the AC control must be repositioned. $240

Door Latch Surrounds and Map Pockets
Replace your beat up, old latch surrounds and map pocket covers with our carbon versions. Price includes both driver and passenger doors. $825

Door Sill (Long)
"Long" carbon door sills that extend halfway up the door jam. Available with script for all models of 996 including Carrera, Carrera 4S, Turbo, Turbo S, GT2, and GT3. These are OEM sills. $450

Last edited by ExoticaPorsche; 11-26-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Welcome and aloha..

Byron

Old 06-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned
MACarbon;

GT3 Seat Surround Set
The GT3 has great sport bucket seats which are popular additions to all 996s. Add one more upgrade with our our carbon harness outlets. There are four pieces per seat - eight total. Core exchange. $1350

Hazard Surround
A great finishing touch for the interior, our carbon hazard surround sends one more bit of interior plastic packing! $160

Ignition Surround
Replace the rubber ignition surround with our carbon version. Perfect fit and an easy do it yourself install. $170

Inside Door Sill (Memory Seats)
Our inside door sill finisher replaces those large blocks of plastic that hold the trunk and seat memory switches. For the passenger side pocket, we give the pocket a textured black coating that completes the finished package. Core Exchange. $625

Inside Door Sill (Sport Seats)
Inside door sills. This version is for cars with sport seats. Passenger side shown. Core Exchange required. $600

Inside Mirror Triangles
This bit of carbon is always in your field of vision! An installation you can do yourself. Core Exchange. $315

Map Light for Non-Sunroof Coupe
For the rare 996 without a sunroof! Replace that black plastic slab with our carbon maplight. You'll be surprised how often this peice catches your eye! $325

Mid-Dash Airbag Strip
The mid-dash trim strip runs across the dash under the instruments and airbag. Consists of three pieces. The long piece under the airbag is shown. $275

Side Airvent Set
Add some nice carbon endpoints to the dash! Includes both the circular vent cover on the passenger side and the two oval caps. Most companies (even Porsche) do not include those extra pieces. Core exchange. $725

Storage Bin - Middle
This part shows MAcarbon quality! We add the perfect carbon to the outside rim and then coat the inside of the cubby hole with a textured black finish that covers the OEM shiny plastic. $180

Storage Bin - Upper
Replace the less than useful CD or tape holder with our upper storage bin. Gain more usable space for holding miscellaneous items. A cool part. See the description of the lower storage bin for more information. $180

Last edited by ExoticaPorsche; 11-26-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:40 PM
icemann633 is infamous around these parts
Doesnt seem like that great of prices but Im sure they are quality parts...

Welcome

Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned
These are retail and we do offer multiple part discounts. We also ship most of our products 2-day so you don't have to wait.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:35 AM
UCrazyKid is infamous around these partsUCrazyKid is infamous around these parts
Can you explain to me what is especial about your 996 anti-swaybars that makes them cost $1,299 without drop links? That is 3 times the cost of the GT3 bars or H&R. Are they made from Unobtanium?

Old 06-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned
They are not mine, as in, I don't make them. They are made by TechArt and you would have to ask them why the difference in price.

Old 06-24-2007, 02:23 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome- nice selection of items.

So I have this nagging question- Why are tiny CF interior parts so darn expensive? I don't get it- I just bought a 9 foot 6 inch performance long board made completely out of 100% cf (it is SICK).
It cost $1400. And it is extremely hard to make them and they are made in limited quantities by hand.
If I were going by pcar pricing given the amount of cf, this board would have cost $30,000

Now I know that these are 'specialty' items, and yes we know that anything for a pcar is more expensive automatically- but come on... $625 for a horseshoe? $315 for triangles?

anyway, just my rant for the day... continue on everyone, nothing to see here..

Old 06-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
I totally agree!! it's one thing pay a Porsche premium which i'm getting sick of, but to think that the Porsche guys are just ignorant fools that will pay outrageous prices.... don't get me wrong, i love my Porsche but i have done similar mods to many cars, and the prices are worlds apart! not specific to this particular vendor, but this is a prime example

Old 06-24-2007, 03:07 AM
Banned
I understand your thoughts completely. Why is a carbon fiber Honda hood $600 but Ferrari airbox lids are $1600? Quantity! When you figure how much it costs to get the factory part to make the mold, make the mold, then figure out what each part is going to cost compared to what you can sell it for. Now, say you make a small interior piece and you make $150 ea part but you have $4k in the mold plus time and a few parts that went in the garbage until you get it right. Now how many parts do you have to sell at $150 profit to just get your $4k back before the company starts making money.

This reminds me of an article I read saying that the 660hp Ferrari Enzo crate motor is $200,000. My friend said, "that is rediculous, I could build a big block Chevy that makes the same power for $10,000." I know that was not a good comparison but the facts are that say, it costs $20 million to design a new engine from the ground up. I don't really know how much it costs but lets say that is accurate for arguments sake. Now say once this engine is developed it costs $10,000 for each engine to be produced. If you are paying $20 million for an engine that is going to go into all the Corvettes produced or Porsches produced a year and it costs $10,000 for each engine then you don't need to make so much profit per engine because you divide that $20 million into 20,000 cars a year to break even. But that same $20 million in an Enzo is only divided by 400 cars. So instead of making only $5000-15,000 profit per engine you have to charge $150,000 profit. This is all just fake numbers to prove a point.

I am sure I am rambling but most of these car parts prices are simply that, R&D costs divided by how many parts you can actually sell. Hope I made sense.

Last edited by ExoticaPorsche; 06-24-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:11 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Jason - Thanks for trying to explain this, but you can't compare a hi-tech piece of machinery like an Enzo motor or F1 motor to a few layers of laid-on CF and clearcoat. That is a whole different ball game. If some red-neck thinks he's going to compete on track days with his fully-blown '71 Malibu and Kragen crate motor, then just go tell him to suck back a few more beers (and tell him to stop kissing his sister, that's just wrong).

I think this more has to do with to the manufactuers. If they can set the cost price high, then the retailers are stuck with setting a high price to make a decent margin- All totally understandable. And yes there is some artistic component to making good CF fit and finish so some bit of added cost is expected.

But I still think the pricing currently set is way overkill. There are a lot of pcars on the road that will fit the same part, for example, Boxsters and all 996's- So the potential sales numbers are nowhere near as low as say, parts for an Enzo. Maybe if the prices were more reasonable they would sell more to pcar owners.
Going back to the surf board as an example, if it were as you say, it would cost $30k to buy that board instead of $1400. An ignition surround for almost 200?? Right!

Just to be clear no one is attacking you here (not my intention, honest!), it is the same thing regardless of reseller.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 06-24-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
clear cut proof, is taking a look at the Agency power swaybar links, i happened to see them on their website, the 996 ones are $225, an essentially same set(as in components, and materials) for an Evo is $140, the entire R&D argument can go out the window here, because there is nothing to those links, and the 996 ones are no more involved to manufacture, they are straight forward, the price difference simply comes down to them gouging the owner of the more expensive car.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned
I can't say anything for anyone else except from my own experience. We are new to the Porsche market so my vision might change in the future. However, on our carbon fiber products that we are having manufactured for us, it is a little scarry. We know the market is small and the initial investment for a few carbon parts for the F430 and Gallardo is near $40k. We think that this is something that we can make our money back on and make a profit in the long run but it is still nerve racking. So in this case it goes along with what I am saying. But to take a piece of carbon and overlay it on a factory piece, well I see where you are coming from.

Oh and no offense taken. I know there are a lot of reseller out there and prices are all over the board. I just hope you will give us a chance in the future and we will show you what customer service should be like. Have a great weekend and stretch the legs of those cars!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Site Sponsor