996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Mystery Part from Door Panel - Anyone Knows What It Is?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:31 AM
jlx
jlx is infamous around these parts
nanya, in 02 the flux capacitor was upgraded to 1.468 gigawatts with an integrated retaining clip. it just snaps in...
accuracy matters

Old 07-07-2007, 08:04 AM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
i had an expedition once and wedged underneath the floorboards was a wrench left there from when it was assembled-with precision-by ford.

true story.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 AM
demosan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
Thank you, demosan! I appreciate your efforts.

I picked up the car from the bodyshop this evening,
spent 6 hours cleaning the whole car and installing the door panel, adjusting the window, etc.

So...I looked thru' every inch of the inside of the door panel,
tried to fit it in any possible nook, but it just doesn't seem to fit anywhere.
That's it...I left it out.

Now...without the mystery clip installed, I am afraid to insert the key and turn the ignition!
I'm gonna wait till Monday and get the car towed to the dealer and have them check it out....
Cosmos,

When you looked in the door cavity did you have the door lock assembly out of the door?? I woul guess that the bracket may be a connector retainer of some sort by its looks and therefore that is why it has no part number stamped on it as it a part of the lock assembly part which I'm sure is mega-bucks from Porsche. I have never had my door apart (yet) so I'm guessing where it's used.

Good luck with the first ignition without the part installed!!

Old 07-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe you guys don't recoginize this... dahh FLEX CAPACITOR!

Old 07-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Porschinator is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
Thank you, demosan! I appreciate your efforts.

I picked up the car from the bodyshop this evening,
spent 6 hours cleaning the whole car and installing the door panel, adjusting the window, etc.

So...I looked thru' every inch of the inside of the door panel,
tried to fit it in any possible nook, but it just doesn't seem to fit anywhere.
That's it...I left it out.

Now...without the mystery clip installed, I am afraid to insert the key and turn the ignition!
I'm gonna wait till Monday and get the car towed to the dealer and have them check it out....
Good call, its what Jesus would do! Don't forget to leave them a blank check and tell them, "Whatever it takes!"

Old 07-08-2007, 11:28 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Did you by any chance see the episode of Unique Whips with the new Cayenne Turbo? They found a huge hammer that a Porsche tech had left under the cowl. Maybe it's a part that the body shop threw in there because they thought it was from your car but it was actually from another customer's car?

Old 07-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I saw that Robert, that was funny, I bet that guy is looking all over for that hammer, well for at least a day