996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Mystery Part from Door Panel - Anyone Knows What It Is?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:36 PM
CosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the rough
Mystery Part from Door Panel - Anyone Knows What It Is?

I was removing the door panel the other day, and this small metal clip-piece fell off from somewhere. It's about 1-1/4 inches long.
I looked everywhere behind the door panel, but can't seem to figure out where it might fit, or if it even belongs there!?
I am hoping that some of you more experienced people will recognize it at first sight!

Old 07-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
hhmmm, nice pic, what lense?

Old 07-04-2007, 11:30 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
That is the window glass travel limiter clip.
Without it, if you roll the glass all the way up the glass will eject out the top of the door like a pop-tart.

(J/K)

Seriously, I just had my passenger door completely apart last week- I did not see anything that looks like that anywhere, and I looked everything over pretty well.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:10 AM
CosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Redridge
hhmmm, nice pic, what lense?
Thanks, but it's just my old Nikon Coolpix 990... and under my desk lamp lighting.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Without it, if you roll the glass all the way up the glass will eject out the top of the door like a pop-tart.
Damn, you almost got me there! Then I remembered I did use the window several times after taking the panel off....

It's probably not important, but it bugs me as it has to belong somewhere!

Old 07-05-2007, 06:38 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p0rsch3

(J/K)

Seriously, I just had my passenger door completely apart last week- I did not see anything that looks like that anywhere, and I looked everything over pretty well.
HAHAHA Almost had me too!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Porschinator is infamous around these parts
Actually it is an extra part Porsche threw in there to confuse and baffle people that work on their car themselves forcing you to go to the dealer

Perhaps it is a clip that helps retain the door panel to the door? Assuming that when you removed the door panel it sprung out.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Kanooter valve?

Muffler bearing?

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
it maintains oil pressure within the door, dummy. duh!
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TURN THE ENGINE ON WITHOUT THE DOOR OIL PRESSURE DECEPTICON RAMBUS.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
it maintains oil pressure within the door, dummy. duh!
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TURN THE ENGINE ON WITHOUT THE DOOR OIL PRESSURE DECEPTICON RAMBUS.
+1 excellent advice!

Old 07-05-2007, 10:55 PM
nanya is infamous around these parts
under the seat

It holds the 1.21 giga watts flux capacitor.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 PM
silver_6r is infamous around these parts
isnt that the high speed ram jet retaining clip? i wouldnt suggest using yur car without it installed, rotated, balanced and micro tuned by your dealer...

its a bargain at $4000 Porsche dollars

Old 07-06-2007, 03:16 PM
demosan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
I was removing the door panel the other day, and this small metal clip-piece fell off from somewhere. It's about 1-1/4 inches long.
I looked everywhere behind the door panel, but can't seem to figure out where it might fit, or if it even belongs there!?
I am hoping that some of you more experienced people will recognize it at first sight!

Cosmos,

I have looked in the PET parts system for the part and I can't find it as a stand-alone item. It may be a part of the electric lock assembly which unfortunately doesn't have a detailed parts list in PET ( Porsche document parts lists). You can access PET on the Sunset Imports web page.

demosan

Old 07-06-2007, 07:03 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by demosan
Cosmos,

I have looked in the PET parts system for the part and I can't find it as a stand-alone item. It may be a part of the electric lock assembly which unfortunately doesn't have a detailed parts list in PET ( Porsche document parts lists). You can access PET on the Sunset Imports web page.

demosan
Are you sure it's not the PITA parts system? (Pain In The ***)

Old 07-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Thank you, demosan! I appreciate your efforts.

I picked up the car from the bodyshop this evening,
spent 6 hours cleaning the whole car and installing the door panel, adjusting the window, etc.

So...I looked thru' every inch of the inside of the door panel,
tried to fit it in any possible nook, but it just doesn't seem to fit anywhere.
That's it...I left it out.

Now...without the mystery clip installed, I am afraid to insert the key and turn the ignition!
I'm gonna wait till Monday and get the car towed to the dealer and have them check it out....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mystery Part from Door Panel - Anyone Knows What It Is?