996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Question - Why did you buy a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 06:55 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Feel in love with 911's during college. Bought 1st one when I was 37 years old. Have owned seven street cars and two track cars since then. As much fun as the street cars are, racing a Porsche to me is the ultimate Porsche dream! It makes you appreciate the heritage for racing and how it's translated into a true automotive icon!

Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 PM
apex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud of
Oh the classic shape=) Just always got me=)

Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Ok - I guess people are actually being serious on this thread

For me - it was sophmore year in high school. My physics teacher was a Porsche fanatic and had 993 Turbo pictures plastered all across the classroom. Which got me started in looking into those cars.

In addition, I always loved how the 993 sounded when they drove by me on my bicycle. Plus the shape of the car is timeless. Regardless if you have a 911, 964, 993, 996, or 997. They all look great.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 AM
996Jammy is infamous around these parts
Have u guys seen MTV's True Life "Im a jersey shore girl?"
In it there's a loser who uses the line, "I'm usually in the Hamptons and there u gotta have a porsche or ferrari to fit in...so i bought a porsche, heres the key"
Girl turns to her friend and says,"he's got a porsche!!" friend replies, "marry him!"
Guy ends up goin over her shore house and bangs her out.
Ends up dude really had a Ford Expedition and gets arrested that night!

umm...thats y i got a porsche!hahah!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Why would a guy get arrested for some chic being stupid enough to bang a guy for his car?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:43 PM
unrealsword is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Why would a guy get arrested for some chic being stupid enough to bang a guy for his car?
Maybe he gave her AIDS?

Old 07-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Jersey shore...

Guy didnt get arrested for bangin' the dumb chick, it was for something else but show didn't elaborate...point is, carry around your porsche key/keychain to the jersey shore!

Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned
Oh goodness - I don't even give chics that dig me for my car a 2nd look now... LOL. Sorry - but a complete turn off for me.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:26 PM
In NYC, most peeps dont even roll in cars so car hoes aren't as prevalent as LA or other areas where everyone's seen in their cars.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996Jammy
In NYC, most peeps dont even roll in cars so car hoes aren't as prevalent as LA or other areas where everyone's seen in their cars.
yup, come to LA / Beverly Hills- Superficial capital of the world. It's nuts.
Never seen so many $100k+ cars parked on the street in front of crap apartments.

A Porsche here is just an average every day car, and it might get you laid by the ugly secretary if you are willing to try hard.

Ferrari's / Lambos / Carrera GT's / Astons / Bentlys / BMW's - everywhere. It's a great place to car watch.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, any given day on melrose or sunset blvd and its like a rolling carshow.
never seen so many range rovers in my life, you'd think they build them in hollywood.
Its also where ive seen the most women driving porsches...

Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 996Jammy
Yeah, any given day on melrose or sunset blvd and its like a rolling carshow.
never seen so many range rovers in my life, you'd think they build them in hollywood.
Its also where ive seen the most women driving porsches...
That explains where all the 'tip' Porsches comes from...

Old 07-11-2007, 11:49 AM
GTEE83 is infamous around these parts
Back in the 1973 time-frame my dad was driving me to my aunt's house where my mom and sister were spending the week to bring them back home. We were doing probably 110 on the autobahn, and my dad had pulled into the fast lane to pass a slower car when a car came up behind us so fast that my dad went "Holy ****, I didn't even see him come up on us!". He said the guy hit his brakes so hard he could see the lights dip down, and then the guy proceeded with the standard "lichthupe" (loosely translated "light horn") to get us to move over. My dad moved out of the way very quickly, and the car accelerated by us almost like we were standing still. When I asked him about it, he said it was some kind of a 911 variant, but it had some BIG fender flares. I have wanted one since then.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Porschinator is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Beachside996
Back in the 1973 time-frame my dad was driving me to my aunt's house where my mom and sister were spending the week to bring them back home. We were doing probably 110 on the autobahn, and my dad had pulled into the fast lane to pass a slower car when a car came up behind us so fast that my dad went "Holy ****, I didn't even see him come up on us!". He said the guy hit his brakes so hard he could see the lights dip down, and then the guy proceeded with the standard "lichthupe" (loosely translated "light horn") to get us to move over. My dad moved out of the way very quickly, and the car accelerated by us almost like we were standing still. When I asked him about it, he said it was some kind of a 911 variant, but it had some BIG fender flares. I have wanted one since then.
That'll do it...hehe...

And YES DimNSlow I seriously wanted to know why members here went for a Porsche instead of the numerous cars out there... Interesting to hear all of the, "wanted one since I was a kid" stories.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:08 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
I bought my Carrera GT because I wanted something frisky to drive to work in...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question - Why did you buy a Porsche?