996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Avoid Brandywine Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i spent over $10K with brandywine in 2003-2004 and then Jay stiffed me with some aftermarket spacers and repeatedly lied to me about some crap.....so i swore to never use them again.

well Justin left and i was told Jay was "reappointed" to another dept and Tommy took over. Tommy was very helpful and ended up buying some Champion wheels from them. there were even some issues with the wheels but i just blew it off.

called up to branywine last month to buy a sports exhaust and none other than Jay took my order AND credit card #. two weeks go by and no exhaust so i called Jay - was told the exhaust would be shipped out the next day. well now it has been 5wks since the order and STILL no exhaust. Thank God they never charged my credit card but how hard can it be to just be HONEST and truthful to the customer. pathetic...

On the other hand - just completed a $5K order of random stuff of about 50 different pieces and Sunset handled it without one single glitch! Sunset for life

Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
CosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the rough
So that kinda confirms it, there's some liar's policy going on at Brandywine.
We're hearing more than one bull**** incident here about them.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:42 PM
viper501 is infamous around these parts
Sunset ROCKS! Jeff has gone above and beyond the call of duty in dealing with me, even sending me emails about parts when it has to be at least 7pm his time.

I'm really glad I posted this thread after reading some of the others' experiences. Lizard's experience is so deja vu.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:23 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Im pretty sure every dealership has their horror stories...its amazing that you dont here any of the good and only the bad...what about Brandywine's 3.8L TT conversion? You dont here any of the good of that anymore do you...no...its just the problems...

Old 07-15-2007, 12:54 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Sunset rocks-
+1 for Jeff. Great service and communication.

If you are on East Coast, I'd recommend Ric at Suncoast. Great service.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:45 AM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
I second for Suncoast next time. They are in florida...

Old 07-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Suncoast was nice, and fairly responsive, but even with the shipping charges, I saved money by going to Sunset. It really is amazing how big a price variance is out there. Sunset ended up being about 7800 plus core and shipping.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:41 AM
valmeida is infamous around these parts
Wow this sad to hear.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:40 AM
The really sad part is that Rick could have saved the day by manning up himself and taking responsibility and trying to make it right. Instead, his attitude said that he really didn't give a rat's a** what I did or if I took my business elsewhere. So I did.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Jeff @ Sunset has been incredibly good in my book. I'd recommend him without any hesistation whatsoever.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by viper501
The really sad part is that Rick could have saved the day by manning up himself and taking responsibility and trying to make it right. Instead, his attitude said that he really didn't give a rat's a** what I did or if I took my business elsewhere. So I did.
You did the right thing. I've never heard of wiring money to a dealer. CC deposit, yes, never wire.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:06 PM
beentaken is infamous around these parts
After all the BAD stuff that's been on 6speed on Brandywine why are people that use the forum still use or buy from them? Unless you have had good experience with them, if you use them for service or buy from them you have to be out of your mind. As posted in an earlier thread on the guy that lost his bid for a 997 GT3 I posted how they wasted an entire day of my life waiting for service and did absolutely nothing to the car. They lie to customers over and over, come on people there are still other great reputable sources out there with great prices and customer service. When is anyone going to learn?
I thought forums like this were to educate us all. Unless you have an on going good relationship with them STAY AWAY FROM BRANDYWINE PORSCHE.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:13 PM
beentaken, I totally agree with you. The reason I posted this was because I was unaware of all of the other problems people were having. I'd heard about the GT3 incident but thought it might be an isolated problem. Unfortunately, it is apparently not an isolated incident but rather a way of life for them. They appear to simply not give a s**t about their reputation or their customers.

brandywine porsche review dealer experience bad fraud 911 GT3 Carrera carera carerra 996 964 993 aftermarket oem parts poor customer service pennsylvania turbo twin turbo TT c2 c4 c4s cabriolet targa people brandywine performance ebay autotrader cars performance

Last edited by viper501; 07-16-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Brandywine speak up??? It's well documented to me.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by porschenut911
Brandywine speak up??? It's well documented to me.
I sent a PM yesterday, but no activity from them yet. We'll hold off until we hear a response.

Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Jimbo

FYI
Just thought I would give you the heads up regarding this thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=90421

-Jim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Avoid Brandywine Porsche