996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Avoid Brandywine Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:58 AM
viper501 is infamous around these parts
I'm pleased to report that Sunset has gotten me my engine in 11 days, including the date of order and the date of delivery. That means that they were able to deliver the engine in substantially less time than it took Brandywine to finally confess that they never ordered the engine.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:37 PM
K04
K04 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I sent a PM yesterday, but no activity from them yet. We'll hold off until we hear a response.

Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Jimbo

FYI
Just thought I would give you the heads up regarding this thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=90421

-Jim
Oddly enough I and a few other employees of Brandywine were discussing 6speed over lunch. I was mostly saying how I do not go on as much anymore because nothing I say will ever make up for all the negative attention I got. But I decided to go on today to see if there was anything of interest, and I had Jimbo’s PM. I just got done reading all of your posts, and I must say I am sorry viper501, your situation should not of been handled the way it was. However, I myself can’t do anything about this but wish this didn’t happen. We don’t need any more fuel on are already burning fire of horror stories. But you are in your right to be upset over the way your situation was handled. I hope your new engine treats you well. Sorry I do not have anything better to say or am able make up to you for the situation, but I am on the other end of this story and it is not my place to really get involved.

Last edited by Brandywine; 07-18-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:18 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brandywine
Oddly enough I and a few other employees of Brandywine were discussing 6speed over lunch. I was mostly saying how I do not go on as much anymore because nothing I say will ever make up for all the negative attention I got. But I decided to go on today to see if there was anything of interest, and I had Jimbo’s PM. I just got done reading all of your posts, and I must say I am sorry viper501, your situation should not of been handled the way it was. However, I myself can’t do anything about this but wish this didn’t happen. We don’t need any more fuel on are already burning fire of horror stories. But you are in your right to be upset over the way your situation was handled. I hope your new engine treats you well. Sorry I do not have anything better to say or make up for the situation but I am on the other end of this story and it is not my place to really get involved.
I think the mod's recommendation of each sponsor picking just ONE person to represent the business is a good one.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
damn... I saw "avoid brandywine" threads from 2 other car forums, the internet can be a pretty powerful tool... hopefully it can help keep vendors and everyone honest, but not likely so.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:03 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Redridge
damn... I saw "avoid brandywine" threads from 2 other car forums, the internet can be a pretty powerful tool... hopefully it can help keep vendors and everyone honest, but not likely so.
You must respect thy WEB.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:47 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
Happy Customer

I bought my new motor from Brandywine in March/April of 2006 and they were fantastic to deal with. Kyle gave me a great deal, I sent them a check, in a few weeks the motor showed up, and I picked it up. End of story. I am super happy with them.

Sorry to hear about your issue.

Thanks Kyle!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:10 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PTarga
You must respect thy WEB.
WARNING

Stay away from Momentum Porsche in Houston! Yes, the Web is a great tool!

Sincerely, Robert

Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
dhrecon is infamous around these parts
That is Brandywine's response? Atleast say your gonna retrain your people in customer service skills. Great thread, thanks. I will never buy from these guys.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:07 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
as follow up to my earlier post about short shift kit ordered from Brandywine-& not received. I again contacted Brian Wolk this morning by phone - The parts guy was still out so he could not give me shipping number or date of shipping- did get brians email address and sent him my previous 4 emails. Still none of my emails sent to parts@brandywineporsche had been responded to. Brian did respond today with tracking # ; when i got home B&M short shift was at door.

It looked different than what i expected and sure enough it is not a short shifter but a B&M
short throw sport shifter part # 45183 which uses the stock shifter mechanism & reduces the throw rate by installing parts under car on the transmission - It is not the B&M shifter mechanism which installs from inside car and includes shifter as most selll. The part was advertised correctly as only fitting an 02-04-and it is my fault for buying before fully checking it out more thoroughly.

Also interestingly the invoice in package states shipping at $40 even though i only paid $12.50 that listed on ebay for item. Hey they shipped as they said they did. Their customer response needs review as does their ebay listing for shipping. enough peace out

Last edited by bgrpph; 07-17-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:25 PM
gchu is infamous around these parts
This happened with Brandywine over a year ago around the time Justin left. Ralph Waker was the manager at that time and he was great at that time. Seems like their problems are getting worst.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=44271

Old 07-20-2007, 06:43 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
My friend brought his porsche at Sunset, he told me they are great over there!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:42 PM
viper501 is infamous around these parts
Well, the engine is in, along with a new clutch and new AASCO flywheel from FVD. All went well on the install. A few minor hiccups in the form of updates that Porsche has done to the reman'd motors. Mainly coolant hose changes although there were a couple other odds and ends that were a bit different. Swapped a few items over and all is well with the world so far. Coolant burping is a bit interesting, even with the vacuum draw. Took a total of about 14 hours of work time doing things fairly slowly and methodically, double checking everything as we went. Given that the swap books at just under 10 hours, I'm pretty pleased, esp. given the clutch, flywheel, and lever arm changes.

But still, this should have happened several weeks ago if it weren't for Brandywine Porsche's incompetence. *rant off*