996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

02 996 with some goodies for the track :) by GMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
02 996 with some goodies for the track :) by GMG

Just thought I would share

Recently completed for a client who does time trials and autocrossing:

Great car and looks pretty hot too:

Enjoy.

Just a few things

GT3 Cup front bumper
GT3 center rad upgrade
GT3 Cup side skirts
PSS9 kit
GT3 cup sway bars
BBS RSGT's in 18
Sport Exhaust
GIAC software
GT3 seats
Tequipment harness bar
SSK

All parts available through GMG just email me with requests.

Enjoy.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:56 PM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
WOW that interior is like WHOA!!! thats sweet!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 AM
RoverRon is infamous around these parts
Question

What are the vents on top of the front bumper for?

Old 07-16-2007, 08:19 AM
calicoupe is infamous around these parts
very nice and functional!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:49 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RoverRon
Probably exhaust ports for the center radiator....a way for heat to get out while fresh air comes in the front...just my guess, but it would improve the air flow and increase cooling.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RoverRon
Ron

This is the exhaust vent for the center GT3 radiator that was added.

The bumper is a 996GT3 cup front bumper and all the cup cars as well as the street GT3's had center radiators.

In europe the street GT3 RS had a similar bumper.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:36 PM
livenupe is infamous around these parts
The owner participates in time trials??? Just curious, which organization allows drivers to participate in time trials without a 5/6 point harness???? POC, PCA, and the Alfa Romeo guys all require a harness. Who else does time trials in SoCal???

Old 07-24-2007, 11:26 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
gorgeous...the wheels really do justice for that car too! and those have to be the classiest gt3 seats ive ever seen i just wanna chew on em they look so good

Old 07-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by livenupe
The owner participates in time trials??? Just curious, which organization allows drivers to participate in time trials without a 5/6 point harness???? POC, PCA, and the Alfa Romeo guys all require a harness. Who else does time trials in SoCal???
The client runs AutoX and has done track days with PCA in the past, he also done some track days with speedtrialusa and other events. Thats all I can tell you.. Again he is a "customer and not one of our children" Yes we are aware of the requirements for POC and PCA, being a POC tech station and all
And he does run a 5 point harness, it just isnt installed for day to day use...Thats why it isn't pictured.

From your avatar it looks like you are getting your car out to the track, which is pretty cool... Have you been doing that for long?
Always happy to meet a fellow track junkie

Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 AM
nine9six is infamous around these partsnine9six is infamous around these parts
That car looks clean!

Old 07-27-2007, 08:24 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
clean exterior!

Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Just thought I would share

Recently completed for a client who does time trials and autocrossing:

Great car and looks pretty hot too:

Enjoy.

What do you put under the three bumper top openings- black mesh grill?
I noticed that some GT3 bumpers have no opening at the top while this one has three shorter openings. what's the diff?

Last edited by p0rsch3; 07-31-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 AM
every day is infamous around these parts
Correct - black mesh grill is behind the openings on top and on the bottom to protect the radiators.

Thanks for all the compliments! I'd encourage anyone looking at body or performance mods to call Fabryce at GMG - his team has been great to work with!

Old 07-31-2007, 02:36 PM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
What is the weight difference in these GT3 sears versus stock 996 seats?

Old 08-11-2007, 09:26 AM
livenupe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing

From your avatar it looks like you are getting your car out to the track, which is pretty cool... Have you been doing that for long?
Always happy to meet a fellow track junkie
I'm in my 3rd year of DE's & TT's. I agree with those who say "It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on". The next time I see your team at a track event (If I recall, you guys were at the Cal Speedway SpeedFest), I'll be sure to come over and introduce myself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 02 996 with some goodies for the track :) by GMG