996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Do you guys turn heads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
This reminds me of I think it was Turtle in Entourage that said "Every broke *** MF drives a porsche around here". Well thats an understatment around here at our weekly local, small car show, I have to parkthe pmobile around the corner

Old 08-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Ronny is infamous around these parts
Get more looks in it than the Z4 that's for sure. People will come talk to me about the car, ask me what it is, tell me they love it.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:00 AM
TheSpeedDemon is infamous around these parts
Yep I get a lot of attention, but I agree it is location...location...location.

Out here in Oakley you won't see too many Porsches or exotics on a regular basis. Oh people own them, but they are hidden away in there 6 car garages and will only be used on 'special' occasions, whenever that is I do not know, maybe weekends. But I drive mine often and with the colour and aero kit it adds to the head turning. And I love it too

Old 08-03-2007, 07:05 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Def location, not too many pcars in baltimore on a regular basis. My black C2 looked way more agressive with 19's and the aero kit but didnt get much attention.

The stock looking silver turbo on the other hand does get a lot of looks but I would not say they are admiring looks, more like "who does that 20 something think he is in that loud a$$ porsche?"

Old 08-03-2007, 07:41 AM
pjalexandre is infamous around these parts
hmm, when I drive it I tend to notice some looks and questions at the gas stations but nothing major.

However, when my wife drives it she practically gets mauled by guys.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Ronny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cohare
The stock looking silver turbo on the other hand does get a lot of looks but I would not say they are admiring looks, more like "who does that 20 something think he is in that loud a$$ porsche?"
haha, those too.

Downtown the car also attracts the homeless for obvious reasons.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:54 AM
michael.s.under is infamous around these parts
In Glendale Peoria AZ area you do! You also get everyone in everything trying to race you!

Old 08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Location does make a difference but I always get compliments and questions. In fact even though its a 99' with almost 100K miles most non-porsche people think its new lolol

Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 PM
porschedog is infamous around these parts
I caught my ex-boss drooling over my car a few months ago while I was tooling around town. I was waiting for the light to change as he drove past in his Chevy Tahoe school bus. He didn't recognize me in my 996 - if he had he would have looked away.

Otherwise, not too many turned heads down this way - P-cars are all over the place.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
-it depends on what your 911 looks like; if you're stock probably nothing as i myself wouldn't look myself - plain boring

-just because they turn their head to look doesnt mean it's cuz they like it or like u or whatever; in fact, if yours is modded weird, they may well be thinking wtf was he thinking? which i do a lot more of than actually admiring the way the person modified their car

my car def gets A LOT of stares and conversation with me and mostly it's been good. it gets a LOT more attn than my E46 M3 on BBS LMs for sure without a doubt and i thought i got a good amount of attn in that sucker.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
lilstan is infamous around these parts
Just like icemann, I do but don't always like it. Don't get me wrong, I like it most of the time tho.....

Old 08-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
In ST.Louis it was a like being in a fish tank. Now in Seattle I get a few, most of the time from car guy's who notice the wine of the Super Charger.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
penny a dozen here... it's a Beverly Hills economy car.
Pretty much...just like I stated in my post...Beverly Hills/Century City...my car is basically a toyota camry.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
it'd help if u guys posted up a pic of your car to know what we're looking at

Old 08-03-2007, 05:43 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
it'd help if u guys posted up a pic of your car to know what we're looking at
They get looks and compliments.....and it's both because Pcars are not that common here in cheese country....but also because they're each a tad different. Agreeing with Ben that, you can do 8-10 things on a car that either make it incredibly good (and different)........or, you can wreck it .
Speaking of wrecking it....the black isn't getting any looks, had a bad track 'incident' 2 weekends back.....she won't see light for some time.....sh#t happens.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you guys turn heads?