996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Clear Side Marker Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007 | 08:37 AM
|
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Clear Side Marker Install

I just received my clear side markers from SunCoast for my 02 996 and did a search but couldn't located anything on how to install these things. Can someone point me in the direction or tell me how to install these?

Newbie in Houston

Old 08-02-2007 | 08:44 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
Look at the new ones for the release tab location. Use a small screwdriver to pull them out a little, insert the screwdriver and push the release tab back. The new ones just snap right in, just put the fixed end in first.

Old 08-02-2007 | 08:47 AM
|
I'll try that..thanks for the response.

Old 08-02-2007 | 09:42 AM
jstgermaine is infamous around these parts
Here's a little tech that I wrote up for a different board:

Before:

Step 1: Gently pry the old amber lens from the fender by lifting gently from the corner:

Step 2: Unplug wiring harness from turn signal assembly:

Step 3: Clean any debris from area:

Step 4: Plug harness into new turn signal assembly and install by first inserting the leading edge into the fender opening and then gently pressing the assembly into place:

Step 5: Admire your work

Old 08-02-2007 | 09:49 AM
|
So I can just pull it out gently without having to push any buttons or tabs? Thanks for the pics, jstgermaine..makes it a lot easier to understand.

Old 08-02-2007 | 09:52 AM
UCrazyKid is infamous around these partsUCrazyKid is infamous around these parts
The owners manual... READ IT. The directions are there, same steps as if you were replacing a burned out light bulb there.

Old 08-02-2007 | 09:55 AM
jstgermaine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Wheelman
So I can just pull it out gently without having to push any buttons or tabs? Thanks for the pics, jstgermaine..makes it a lot easier to understand.
I didn't have to push in on the metal tab shown in the pictures...I just gently, yet firmly pulled and it came free with zero drama.

Old 08-02-2007 | 09:59 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
The owners manual... READ IT. The directions are there, same steps as if you were replacing a burned out light bulb there.
I was just going to suggest that