996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

GT3 bumper/skirts and painted console installed!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ericdee
Needs a Wing!
I agree, needs a rear wings. Nicely done though!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:27 PM
rlim is infamous around these parts
Very nice !!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:50 PM
valmeida is infamous around these parts
Very nice enjoy.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:51 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the feedback everyone, it was a real chore to get this accomplished with my limited free time. Actually, it would still not be done if it were not for AfterHours so I gotta give one more big shout out to Brian over there for his work on this project.

Redridge- Yep I have the third radiator installed (tiptronic)- I noticed though that the top vents on my bumper do absolutely nothing. I think there is some sort of air duct piece I am missing that would take advantage of directing airflow from the top openings to the radiator?

Adding wing- Not sure yet. Car looks really good (IMO) as-is, but I have been contemplating putting something back there.
Wheels are still on the 'undecided' list as well... My better half at home is about ready to shoot me for all the time I've been spending on the car lately so I'm probably going to chill for a bit.. I think she's kicking herself now for suggesting I buy a 911.. LOL..

Old 09-12-2007, 12:10 AM
icemann633 is infamous around these parts
I'd wing it!

Im not so keen on the little vents in the bumper. I think the style on say the turbo looks sweet but not with the mesh...

Your interior would be sick if it were black I think, Kind of a lot of colors going on there with the grey...

Keep up the good work! You have been modding like crazy!

Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
who did you get the side skirts from? are they poly or fiber glass? any fitment issues...? if they fit well i'd like to go the same route...and if they are poly of course.
thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 07:09 AM
jstgermaine is infamous around these parts
Looks great!!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
This is one of the few bumpers and side skirt kits I like for a 996;;

Last edited by YoopsRacing; 09-13-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:06 PM
bm3r is infamous around these parts
looks great!

I just picked another 996. Where did you get the skirts? OEM? Will they bolt right up to a 99? Is that a GT3 front lip as well? Will the front lip bolt right up to a stock 99 front bumper?

Sorry for all the questions, TIA! -JR

Old 09-14-2007, 08:58 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bm3r and Sharp-
I got the skirts from GT Motorsport in San Diego, they are a pcar restoration and race shop. $299

http://www.gtmotorsport.net/index.ph...t&page=Rockers

The skirts are fiberglass, and fit very well. I mean VERY well. And they are light.
Only prep work that was required was sanding the top edge and mounting surface of the skirts that sits against the body. My paint guy was surprised how little prep work was needed. Plus, they give you the OEM Porsche mounting kit with the skirts (3M body tape, screws and mounting clips).

I would have preferred poly, but for $300 I decided to try them out. I actually bought some poly ones at first and the test fitment was so poor I sent them back.

GT3 front bumper is poly of course, it is an OEM bumper that has had reinforcements applied to the inside of the bumper to reduce nose deflection / mis-shaping at high speeds. Apparently this part was on a track car for a couple of months. Had a beautiful speed yellow paint job on it when I picked it up, would have loved to have seen the rest of the car.
I do not know if the MKII GT3 bumper will fit pre-facelift 996's.

Icemann-
Silver mesh- Yeah I know it just ain't factory and I was initially going to paint if black.... BUT, no one at the shop where we put it on at would let me paint it. LOL
Everyone thought it looked way hotter left the stainless color. I have to agree it does look nice in person. If I get sick of it I can easily hit it with matte black.
My interior came from the factory with greay leather and balck carpet. The 'deviating color' option.
So i'm in-process of doing a few color tie-ins. The console was 1st, not sure what next. Of course i'm going to keep the grey leather.
I am on the fence with the non-smoker pocket on the console. Carbon fiber it or paint it gloss black like the console? That's why it is still stock, I'm undecided...

Last edited by p0rsch3; 09-14-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:35 PM
PorscheEnvy is infamous around these parts
Hey p0rsch3,

PM me or Email me at "rfestrada AT gmail dot com" when your account is reactivated. I had a few questions for you on some of the items you did on this post.

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2007, 09:41 PM
fastoc996twint is infamous around these parts
Looks Great Dude!.. Next? Vents In C/f?

Old 11-19-2007, 08:43 AM
BigMac78 is infamous around these parts
Mama like! I am sure its just a matter of time before you get winged up...

Transformer....Tiptronics unite!

Old 11-19-2007, 01:42 PM
P-carkid is infamous around these parts
that center console looks awesome

Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Is the bumper OEM?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 bumper/skirts and painted console installed!!