996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Nav/Stereo replacement recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 AM
FSL
FSL is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lilstan
Is there a bypass on the kenwood 7100 so i can watch dvd's while i'm driving? On the Z1 there was a bypass chip I have to buy. What's the method on the 7100?

Yes you can watch DVD while you are driving.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 AM
FSL
FSL is infamous around these parts
Smile

Originally Posted by lilstan
Has anybody tried pluging in a iphone into the ipod port on your kenwood 7100? I wonder if it would work the same as far as music/movies and pictures are concerned.

My Iphone is only playing songs no videos. My new Nano is playing nothing.

Installer's old Ipod classic plays all videos and songs with no problem I have been told Kenwood will have new nano softwear update within two months I guess I gonna buy Ipod classic to see my videos through Ipod and 80GB I will not get anywhere else in any shape of Ipod. Love the system though installed rear view camera also prety cool, it only work with reverse gear now anyone know how to have rear streaming all the time just by switching through video inputs?

Old 01-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Lazerblade is infamous around these parts
Hey all, with spring coming and all the new adds on tv about GM's Microsoft made new Nav/MP3/hifi system, I was wondering if any of the experts have heard of anything new and improved coming out with the Pioneer, Alpine, and Kenwood units? This is something that I still very much want to do.

Thanks,

Paul

Old 01-18-2008, 05:46 PM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FSL
My Iphone is only playing songs no videos. My new Nano is playing nothing.

Installer's old Ipod classic plays all videos and songs with no problem I have been told Kenwood will have new nano softwear update within two months I guess I gonna buy Ipod classic to see my videos through Ipod and 80GB I will not get anywhere else in any shape of Ipod. Love the system though installed rear view camera also prety cool, it only work with reverse gear now anyone know how to have rear streaming all the time just by switching through video inputs?

The software is already available for your new Nano it should do control and video play back.
Your iphone does not have video out so it will not .