996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

2 Evo Superchargers Installed at RPM Racing on Long Island

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 09:23 AM
jroy is infamous around these parts
from what i found the twin turbo kits were much more costly..

Old 05-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
but twin turbo kits are typically easier on the engine, when comparing both kits with intercoolers. Twin turbos also are more tuneable - even in the car if you get a boost control dial and adjust it day to day as needed. I also figure that there must be a reason why Porsche does turbos instead of superchargers - besides just more $$ (as we all know, they aren't shy about overcharging for stuff!)

Old 05-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by teutonictrio
but twin turbo kits are typically easier on the engine, when comparing both kits with intercoolers. Twin turbos also are more tuneable - even in the car if you get a boost control dial and adjust it day to day as needed. I also figure that there must be a reason why Porsche does turbos instead of superchargers - besides just more $$ (as we all know, they aren't shy about overcharging for stuff!)
I have seen the Twin Turbo kits that some of the Porsche aftermarket tuners had and they are Cost prohibitive. We are not talking about a SC kit being $12K & a TT kit being $15K. The ones I saw were in the $40K range. Apparently they needed custom piping, and the higher boost levels needed major engine reinforcement. In one of the articles Todd (EVO) said that the TT setup was just cost ineffective...i.e. the market for somebody looking to drop $40 large to fix up the 911 is very limited vs. $12K.

Old 05-09-2004, 09:08 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
in addition to the lag present in a turbo but not in an SC, you have to put on a silly looking fixed wing to house the intercooler. that alone was enough to keep me from turboing.

Old 05-10-2004, 06:40 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Ben, how is your SC holding up...any new issues or problems?

Old 05-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Itzkirb
Ben, how is your SC holding up...any new issues or problems?
holding up great. only issue is that 7 months after install it still isn't C.A.R.B. certified which will likely keep me from being able to sell the car next month (making room for the CGT) into the largest market in the country - California. that's a real pisser.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Dan@RPM is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ben, lj
holding up great. only issue is that 7 months after install it still isn't C.A.R.B. certified which will likely keep me from being able to sell the car next month (making room for the CGT) into the largest market in the country - California. that's a real pisser.
If you have trouble selling it I would be happy to take it off your hands, maybe we can work out a payment plan

Old 05-11-2004, 06:05 AM
Banned
Erik@RPM is infamous around these parts
Update Shot 1 -

Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2004, 06:06 AM
Test Fitting

Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.!!!!!! i cant wait.!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2004, 12:14 AM
topspn is infamous around these parts
Ben lj

How's it going? Hey have you had any issues of engine lagging between 5500 and 6000rpms as though it needs air? We replaced my MAS but still happens occasionally. Sending the car to Todd in June to fine tune the kit but curious if your's is doing the same thing.

Look forward to seeing the CGT pics. August still?

Old 05-12-2004, 01:10 AM
haven't noticed any lag.

august is the build, but nov is delivery :-(

Old 05-17-2004, 04:54 AM
nacelle is infamous around these parts
Question any news

how did the installation of the SC go ?

Old 05-17-2004, 06:45 AM
they are still working on it. one of the hoses in the kit was to short. evo sent out another one. they should be moving forward monday. in the mean time they took care of a few other items..

Old 05-27-2004, 01:01 AM
Sorry about the lack of updates we have been swamped. I have some photos of the black car completed, it drove out last week with the blower and some new wheels. James' car is going out this week with an ever growing list of new parts on it.

These cars both took extra time because of additional work being done in addition to the chargers.

Will post the pictures by the end of the day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 Evo Superchargers Installed at RPM Racing on Long Island