997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Springs and spacer questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Springs and spacer questions

Who makes a spring with only a small amount of drop, like 1/2 inch? My 996 was lowered with H&Rs and it rode like crap and was too low for normal use.

Also I am considering H&R spacers at 7mm front and 14 mm rear. Good option or should I consider something else? I want flush wheels but not sitcking out of the wells.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:44 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
7/15mm spacers will get you very close to flush. The Techart springs drop you 15mm, which is just a smidge over 1/2 inch. Rides great too

Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We have a developed a lowering spring for the 997TT that we feel is the best lowering spring on the market.
These springs are custom made to our specifications by Eibach which is also the manufacturer of the Techart springs.

A truly progressive spring which offer the best all around performance and comfort on the road and at the track taking into account the dampening requirements of the PASM dampers in the car. You essentially have a dual rate damper in this car making a spring that works both in stock and sport mode is difficult.

When deisgning the springs we found that most all of the other lowering springs on the market have a lower spring rate than the stock springs. This is probably why your 996 rode poorly.
Basically you are lowering the car with a softer spring.

We also have a developed a 3 way front and rear sway bar kit that works with the stock drop links to further improve the handling of the 997TT.

Here is a pictures of a car that was fitted with our lowering springs and sway bars.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

997TT with springs installed

GMG WC 997TT Lowering Springs installed with GMG dog bone kit and GMG WC sport sway bars.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:42 AM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
I have 18mm/15mm. I think 18mm at the back are just perfect, 15 mm at the front are a little bit to much in my opinion, but i have to take them, because this is the only hasslefree combo i may use in germany

But maybe this will help you:

Back is perfect!

Last edited by haudimal; 10-10-2007 at 03:25 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Mike2727 is infamous around these parts
Fabryce, with this setup (springs, dog bone, sway bars) how does it affect the comfort, is it harsher ?

I can understand the handling would be better, but I am afraid the comfort level will go down, which for a DD would not be something I am looking at

How much is it lowered ? 1 inch ?

Also what is the price for the mentioned combination ?

Mike

Old 10-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike2727
Fabryce, with this setup (springs, dog bone, sway bars) how does it affect the comfort, is it harsher ?

I can understand the handling would be better, but I am afraid the comfort level will go down, which for a DD would not be something I am looking at

How much is it lowered ? 1 inch ?

Also what is the price for the mentioned combination ?

Mike

Mike

Ride comfort is improved because of the spring design being a true progressive rate spring.

Its a 20mm drop all the way around.

I can assure you the ride is better than stock and better than any other lowering spring combintation on the market.!!
There are countless hours and miles of testing on several combinations and we found something that works on our U.S. road ways.

Prices are as follows

GMG WC 997TT Spring Set $695.00
GMG WC 997TT Sway Bar Set $695.00
Rear Dog bones ( optional) with Indy Car rod ends $1050.00

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 10-11-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Mike2727 is infamous around these parts
Thanks Fabryce, I'll let you know when my car has arrived, so we can start playing with the mods

Mike

Old 10-11-2007, 03:44 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Is it necessary to get the springs, sways and bones to make it work? I see that you said that the bones were optional meaning that the springs/sways are needed together to work well? I'm well aware of what sways/springs do but what's the benefit of adding bones? Sorry to be ignorant on what bones does.

And finally, would a full coilover system work better than just swapping out the springs and adding sways? I'm just trying to explore all my options on what would be the best setup for me. Coilovers with sways? If so, which ones?

Old 06-09-2008, 01:48 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
any one did the wheel spacer job yet ?

Old 06-27-2008, 01:35 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
does the dog bone kit flush up the tires and howmany mm ?

Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I too would be interested in a 1/2" drop progressive spring, (are TA's progressive?)

Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 AM
Baginoman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
We have a developed a lowering spring for the 997TT that we feel is the best lowering spring on the market.
These springs are custom made to our specifications by Eibach which is also the manufacturer of the Techart springs.

A truly progressive spring which offer the best all around performance and comfort on the road and at the track taking into account the dampening requirements of the PASM dampers in the car. You essentially have a dual rate damper in this car making a spring that works both in stock and sport mode is difficult.

When deisgning the springs we found that most all of the other lowering springs on the market have a lower spring rate than the stock springs. This is probably why your 996 rode poorly.
Basically you are lowering the car with a softer spring.

We also have a developed a 3 way front and rear sway bar kit that works with the stock drop links to further improve the handling of the 997TT.

Here is a pictures of a car that was fitted with our lowering springs and sway bars.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

997TT with springs installed

GMG WC 997TT Lowering Springs installed with GMG dog bone kit and GMG WC sport sway bars.
wow, if you dont mind telling me, what are those rims on white 997TT? Gorgeous drop!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 AM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
I'm currious about the spacers as well. What do you guys suggest for the front? 18mm for the rear looks great.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:12 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
does the dog bone kit flush up the tires and howmany mm ?
i am curious as what the dog bones does as perfromance wise

Old 12-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
I have a used techart spring set for sale...$250.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Springs and spacer questions