997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FIRST MOD****PSS10 Coilovers Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:21 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

Looks so gooooood!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:26 AM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
b911s, I hope the experts chime in here so we can disect the differences in the coilover options that are available. The Techart system (photo attached) basically looks identical to the Bilstein system. Additionally, I would like to know if the factory GT3 coilovers would work on the 997TT. The GT3 has PASM.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tech_art_pasm_997tt.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	52138  
Old 10-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks DJ!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Cleanest garage I've ever seen!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:52 AM
b911s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 997TT
b911s, I hope the experts chime in here so we can disect the differences in the coilover options that are available. The Techart system (photo attached) basically looks identical to the Bilstein system. Additionally, I would like to know if the factory GT3 coilovers would work on the 997TT. The GT3 has PASM.
yes i really hope that someone can give us the straight scoop. The techart kit from what i know is the bilstein system which is reworked by them and also i believe the PASM system is also made by bilstein for porsche. But hey i could be talkin out my butt here so an expert would be great.

BTW, nice garage and your car of course!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:54 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I ordered my set which should arrive here next week. What I do know is that for ALL PASM enabled cars there are no seperate adjusters like in the 996 PSS9's. The rebound/compression is controlled just like the factory system with only an improved spring rate and valving in the shock. Although I like to dial in my car manually I understand the concept of the PASM system from Bilstein. I could not get my dealer or an aftermarket tuner in my area to disable PASM for me. So I have to return the KWV3's which I wanted to install instead. Even if I found a solution for the disabling of PASM I have to contend with my dealer knowing that I did it after they said they did not want me to do so. Not worried about warranty on the parts but more of a relationship with the dealer. I need to remain on their good side.

Bilstein has released the US version which I can say is much cheaper than FVD's import and TechArt's version.

The part #'s are the same(confirmed this on my invoice).

b911s - you are correct Bilstein did help in the development of the PASM system.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:18 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Great write up and impressions, The machine looks so much better and it is always fun to be the first, just ask Fred.. Thanks for posting the pictures...

Old 10-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Turbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the rough
Turbo4ever, the stock mounting plates do can do allow slight adjustments because the plate mounting holes are elongated and allow the plate to be positioned within that range. The cup mounting plates utilize the same mounting holes but allow even more adjustability because bolt pattern can be changed. Probably the only time the additional adjustment would be needed is for track applications. The reason my installer wanted to go to the cup mounts is to eliminate the "wedge shaped" upper spring seat that has a tendency to "pop" back into position in tight turns, such turning into a parking spot. I have noticed this "pop" on a couple of occasions while backing out of the garage which requires a tight turn.
Thanks, your car is nice!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
nice now all you need are a set of DUBs!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:19 PM
toffeGT2 is infamous around these parts
toffeGT2, I purchase mine from FVD. They are German imports.

Thanks for the info, I almost bought the Techart spec one, the one you got look the same as the TA, I don't think rework suspension would justify the extra couple thousands dollar more from TA. Good choice, let us know more when you got a chance to test out on the track too.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks for all the compliments guys. The car does look much nicer with the lowered stance.

Alpine_997, are you installing PSS10's?

Old 10-28-2007, 08:00 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
997TT - yes I am installing them next Friday. They should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

I hope they will at least 90% of my expectations. I am really used to manually dialing in my setup. That is why I like KWV3's I could set rebound and compression individually. But PASM and lack of dealer support won over.. I hope to give a hard driving impression afterwards through the mountains.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:15 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi,

I am also from Southern Cal (Torrance). If I may ask please for future reference: Was there some reason you chose Vision Motorsports to do the installation (as opposed to other prominent Los Angeles Porsche shops)? Who was the tecnician who did the actual installation and alignment adjustment and would you recommend that I ask for the same person were I to do this same mod?

My email is cannga@pacbell.net if you prefer to answer privately. Thank you.

I will post the alignment specs and photos as soon as I get a chance. 5k is pricy but a lot less than Techarts. I think the Techarts are basically the same part just made by Billstein to their spec. I purchased mine from FVD when they had them on sale last month and had them installed at Vision Motorsports in Laguna Hills, CA.
http://www.visionmotorsports.com/

Old 10-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Can, I sent you an email.

Bill

Old 10-30-2007, 03:59 PM
wasuki is infamous around these parts
very nice, have you got a chance to track it yet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FIRST MOD****PSS10 Coilovers Installed