997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

what color combo is this??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:56 AM
DSUNNYM1 is infamous around these parts
what color combo is this??

Thinking about placing my order soon for a TT cab....

I Really like this combo that I seen on Porsche's website,
But they do not state the color combo??

please need to know what exterior color is this?
and interior pretty sure it's red ....It just seems you can never be to sure
as the colors seem to change so much from viewing them on screen to actual life..

what do you guys think of it?

Old 10-13-2007, 11:56 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
That looks like Meteor Grey with Carrera red leather interior. Definitely a showstopper.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
That looks like Meteor Grey with Carrera red leather interior. Definitely a showstopper.

Yeah,
Im really digging it!!

My dealer say it could be Gt Silver also???

Old 10-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Keep in mind the photoshop geniuses (use of term lightly) at PAG animate the colors a bit, so nothing in Porsche's general promo shots is real. GT Silver and Meteor work with Carrera Red leather. If you look at the latest print ads from Porsche, with the star lit sky, you will see a Meteor Metallic/Carrera Red Cab. Notice the meteor in the sky too (get it?). There are a handful of east coast dealers with inbound cars using Carrera Red leather, mostly with Arctic, GT Silver and Carrara White exteriors. Should be in showrooms shortly.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:48 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thats a limited edition color from Porsche

Color Combo: Pure Sex

Old 10-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by globalm3
Thats a limited edition color from Porsche

Color Combo: Pure Sex
I agree!! LOL

I would just really like to know for sure whether its GT or Meteor color??

Old 10-13-2007, 01:48 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
You should go for Meteor or Slate with Carrera red leather definatley a nice contrast and is quiet sporty but inbound and not over done like Red/Red.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:52 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DSUNNYM1
I agree!! LOL

I would just really like to know for sure whether its GT or Meteor color??
That is meteor 90% and most likely like the top poster said that color is photoshoped but its to dark to be GT silver or arctic silver.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:39 PM
SBrown is infamous around these parts
Looks great. Red interiors are beautiful.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
That looks like GT Silver with Carrara Red Leather interior with Sport seats/painted backs. Perfect IMHO

Old 10-13-2007, 02:51 PM
This is not GT silver guys look at this pick..
If that is GT silver than what is this?

And dont say arctic silver cus thier is not that much of a diffrance in color. The car on the right is arctic or GT and the one on the left is meteor hands down the hottest color around

Old 10-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Keep in mind the photoshop geniuses (use of term lightly) at PAG animate the colors a bit, so nothing in Porsche's general promo shots is real. GT Silver and Meteor work with Carrera Red leather. If you look at the latest print ads from Porsche, with the star lit sky, you will see a Meteor Metallic/Carrera Red Cab. Notice the meteor in the sky too (get it?). There are a handful of east coast dealers with inbound cars using Carrera Red leather, mostly with Arctic, GT Silver and Carrara White exteriors. Should be in showrooms shortly.

thanks alot Eric,

where would i see the (quote) the latest print ads from Porsche, with the star lit sky, you will see a Meteor Metallic/Carrera Red Cab.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by globalm3
This is not GT silver guys look at this pick..
If that is GT silver than what is this?

And dont say arctic silver cus thier is not that much of a diffrance in color. The car on the right is arctic or GT and the one on the left is meteor hands down the hottest color around

The more I am comparing colors and beating my brain to try to get as close as a color match to this pictured car that I love so much!! It seems there is no such Porsche color ,,It actually seems to be in-between Meteor & GT Silver??!!

Old 10-13-2007, 11:51 PM
neijia is infamous around these parts
I agree they are tweaked colors, photo # 1 is closer to GT while number 2 is closer to meteor; yet neither. Show the photo and special order it

Old 10-14-2007, 12:25 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Meteor looks like it has a little more taupe in it.

Is it just me or does the turbo look better without the bumperettes?

Last edited by 2thfixr; 10-14-2007 at 12:30 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what color combo is this??