997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RUF 550 997tt as fast as a 997 GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:39 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IIVVX
im not comparing, just stating whats available. evo offers more power at a lower price point. its not like the Ruf treatment is going to make a 997TT appreciate like crazy, they are plentiful and will be taking a nose dive in value in the coming years.
True, but take a look at the history books. 996 Turbos modified by any of the EVO systems take a hit on resale. They never recoop their costs.

Ruf mods, on the other hand, will retain more value. Add the fact that there is a warranty on the engine and mods...the price point becomes pretty narrow.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
True, but take a look at the history books. 996 Turbos modified by any of the EVO systems take a hit on resale. They never recoop their costs.

Ruf mods, on the other hand, will retain more value. Add the fact that there is a warranty on the engine and mods...the price point becomes pretty narrow.
that is a valid point. makes me wonder, are any dealers doing tuner packages with warranty like bmw does with dinan?

can someone from evo or awe etc chime in here?

Old 10-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Good test and I believe it. It is as fast as GT2 but only on a straight line.

In a independent magazine test by Sport Auto (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=102628) the GT2 did 7.33 min lap on the Ring! Compare it to stock 997TT's lap of 7.54 (Both driven with same driver so you can compare a bit...)

EVO offers more hp than RUF and many others....But not more speed if you compare equal kits.

When checking out different packages, you have to notice what parts are being changed...because no tuner has a superior exhaust/ecu/intercoolers/etc than the others.

Normal gas, stock VTG turbos, only bolt-ons...I find it really hard to see that it's real 600hp+ even though the dynos might say so. (I've experienced this with modded Turbos myself...)

Old 10-19-2007, 09:50 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kaizu
Good test and I believe it. It is as fast as GT2 but only on a straight line.

In a independent magazine test by Sport Auto (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=102628) the GT2 did 7.33 min lap on the Ring! Compare it to stock 997TT's lap of 7.54 (Both driven with same driver so you can compare a bit...)
damn, 21 seconds difference!!! GT2 will be a killer for sure, that is a ridiculous time for a stock car @ the ring. supercar status has been officially achieved.

Originally Posted by Kaizu
EVO offers more hp than RUF and many others....But not more speed if you compare equal kits.

When checking out different packages, you have to notice what parts are being changed...because no tuner has a superior exhaust/ecu/intercoolers/etc than the others.

Normal gas, stock VTG turbos, only bolt-ons...I find it really hard to see that it's real 600hp+ even though the dynos might say so. (I've experienced this with modded Turbos myself...)
you're right, the speed always seems to be very close despite large variations in claimed power.