997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Crest in seat backs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:34 AM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
Crest in seat backs

This should tell you all how picky or maybe mental I am. Spoke to the dealer about my order and added the Porsche crest in the seats, However I want them in the Porsche colors as on some wheels but larger. Probably need to find someone to custom stitch them and likely in Germany. Any thoughts other than I'm nuts.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:35 AM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
I don't know for sure without seeing it, but I suspect a big crest in colour on the seats will look a bit cheesy.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:47 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
that will look very tacky, don't do it

Old 10-20-2007, 10:42 AM
MementoMori is infamous around these parts
If you're going to add extra emblems, add them very small. I'd have nothing against something the size of a hood crest in the headrest on the front (maybe the back).

If you go larger... this is what comes to mind...

Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 AM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
Good point, dont want to "cheapen" the look at all

Old 10-21-2007, 11:59 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by VailTT
This should tell you all how picky or maybe mental I am. Spoke to the dealer about my order and added the Porsche crest in the seats, However I want them in the Porsche colors as on some wheels but larger. Probably need to find someone to custom stitch them and likely in Germany. Any thoughts other than I'm nuts.
I have the Porsche Crest in the Headrest option (XSC) @ $270. Like almost everyone else I went wild ordering all sorts of options to personalize my car. This option along with several others I got doesn't add much. In the case of the crest there is no contrast with the seat material so it is hardly noticeable, and unless you point it out to the casual observer they won't notice it either.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:02 PM
MKTURBO is infamous around these parts
i think what makes the porsche crest in the headrest look good is that it is subtle......having color porsche logos stiched into the headrest is imo cheazy and reminds me of all thoose rappers that have thier recording companys and names stiched in......

Old 10-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Not only would it look like shiz, it will rub against your head, and may eventually pull the leather as it has to be embroidered. Don't do it. After you've had the car for a few months, find your local leather repair guy. Talk with him about pigment dye. I've watched this done, and if the right guy is doing it, it works. They can pigment dye parts of the embossed crest and it still remains subtle, just with a bit more pop. Much depends on your stock leather color though.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:16 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MKTURBO
i think what makes the porsche crest in the headrest look good is that it is subtle......having color porsche logos stiched into the headrest is imo cheazy and reminds me of all thoose rappers that have thier recording companys and names stiched in......
Agreed. That's exactly why I like having the Porsche crest up there. It makes the car unique and does it in a subtle manner.