997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Carrara White is yellowing!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:39 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Well this is a great thread to read when you just finished placing an order for a white 997TT. Does anyone have any actual pictures of some of the yellowing on a white 997? I plan to use it as a daily driver, so Im sure it will be an issue for me, but Im not very particular about minor things like this, so long as they are really minor.

Pics anyone?

Old 12-04-2007, 06:04 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Is it due to heat?

Old 12-04-2007, 07:52 PM
ivory8 is infamous around these parts
that sucks man, its good the hear that its going to be fixed tho. At first when reading the thread i thought maybe it was a buildup of wax, but i guess this is not the case. GL on the fix!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:37 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raiyu
Well this is a great thread to read when you just finished placing an order for a white 997TT. Does anyone have any actual pictures of some of the yellowing on a white 997? I plan to use it as a daily driver, so Im sure it will be an issue for me, but Im not very particular about minor things like this, so long as they are really minor.

Pics anyone?
I just place my order for a white 997TT too (February build date - how about you?). I am wondering if on a white one, is it best to remove the clear shield films all together and just keep your car well polished/waxed and use touch up paint when necessary? My 2004 C4S is white and I have done that and there is no yellow at all - it looks great. Thoughts? Would like to hear from more white 997TT owners.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:44 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Greta, they're talking about the textured paint on the lower sill not the clear bra material. But however, I do recommend that you get that clear bra material replaced with VentureShield when the time comes.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Took over another guy's slot who got lost when it was time to place the order, so I ended up with a January build, hopefully mid February delivery Otherwise I would have been around July delivery. Not that I mind hehe.

Originally Posted by gretapass
I just place my order for a white 997TT too (February build date - how about you?). I am wondering if on a white one, is it best to remove the clear shield films all together and just keep your car well polished/waxed and use touch up paint when necessary? My 2004 C4S is white and I have done that and there is no yellow at all - it looks great. Thoughts? Would like to hear from more white 997TT owners.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:16 AM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Perfect reason not to do clear bra for any car. Its like making my car ugly (yellowing, seam lines, or textured surface) so that the next owner can have a nice bumper or hood.

Originally Posted by avi8tir
I washed and detailed my car this weekend and I noticed that the areas in the wheel wells that come "textured" from the factory are starting to stain yellow. by yellow I mean dingy yellow, like smokers teeth yellow.

I live in a relatively new area with asphalt streets. I have no doubt that this is the cause but I really dont think this should be happening on my car considering it only has 3000 miles on it!! sorry, I dont have pics as I am out of town.

any thoughts?

Old 12-05-2007, 12:20 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
yes, moe is correct. I just use some of the meguires cleaner wax and it removes the yellow dinge. viola! white and fresh.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
In many cases I notice the yellow spotting behind the wheels on the edge of the wheel wells. Sometimes it comes off by polishing it, but other times even by wetsending it, it is not removable. I've come to conclusion that its due to Tire Dressing thats being used. Most of times actually its the dealers dressing that they "poor" on your tires to make them look shiny because they simply did not clean the tire powder used when the tires are being mounted.

As for the paint protection film yellowing. THEY ALL DO. It doesnt matter what type of film is being used on a light color car you will notice the yellowing more then on the darker ones.
Since we preffer to have happy customers at all times, we have added free of charge replacement on the lower sections of the car where the film is applied for the first time the yellowing occures.
I preffer using the 3M film because it is slightly ticker then the rest of the materials on the market and that makes it more durable to the debries and rocks hiting it. Yes 3M is very difficult and limited to work with, but at the end its meant to protect your paint finish not replace it.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:27 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Took over another guy's slot who got lost when it was time to place the order, so I ended up with a January build, hopefully mid February delivery Otherwise I would have been around July delivery. Not that I mind hehe.
Me too! I had a July build and some guy with the 2/19 build wasn't ready so he swapped with me. I am so excited. It would have killed me to wait til the end of next summer. Be sure to post so I can see. Would love to see your option list for yours. PM me (if you can) w/your email.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Greta, they're talking about the textured paint on the lower sill not the clear bra material. But however, I do recommend that you get that clear bra material replaced with VentureShield when the time comes.
Some of the four pages is about the clear material behind the wheel wells, front bumper, etc. (and more conversation below). Barrier is going to take it off of the sides by the wheel wells when mine comes in. I don't want any yellowing so want to figure out if it is the clear material (any brand), the waxing (color), road shine or washing, or what??? Don't want to have it happen to mine. Thanks Jason. Also saw some horror stories about it being installed improperly! That would be horrrible.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Looks like Im blocked from sending PMs although it wasnt a problem before.

Carrera White / Black

Sport Chrono
Rear Diff Lock
Adaptive Seats
Heated Seats
Illuminated Door Sills
Rear Apron painted
Rocker Panels painted
Red Seat Belts
Park Assist (Daily driver in NYC)
Instrument surround in exterior color
Center/rear console in exterior color
Seat backs in exterior color
Fire extinguisher (lol, hope I never need it)

Was around $138.5 with destination charges, if it wasnt for interior options it would have been alot cheaper but I wanted to dress it up a little, hope it comes out well lol.

Sorry for going off topic.

Originally Posted by gretapass
Me too! I had a July build and some guy with the 2/19 build wasn't ready so he swapped with me. I am so excited. It would have killed me to wait til the end of next summer. Be sure to post so I can see. Would love to see your option list for yours. PM me (if you can) w/your email.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 AM
vduzin12 is infamous around these parts
hate it when that happens

Old 12-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Looks like Im blocked from sending PMs although it wasnt a problem before.

Carrera White / Black

Sport Chrono
Rear Diff Lock
Adaptive Seats
Heated Seats
Illuminated Door Sills
Rear Apron painted
Rocker Panels painted
Red Seat Belts
Park Assist (Daily driver in NYC)
Instrument surround in exterior color
Center/rear console in exterior color
Seat backs in exterior color
Fire extinguisher (lol, hope I never need it)

Was around $138.5 with destination charges, if it wasnt for interior options it would have been alot cheaper but I wanted to dress it up a little, hope it comes out well lol.

Sorry for going off topic.
Nice options! What are you going to do about this clear bra stuff? Are you putting any on your white car. I am starting to lean towards not doing it like my current car. I really don't want yellowing or lines showing as a result of a product during wash or wax. Hmmm.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:33 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Greta,

I don't think you'd have to worry about Ventureshield yellowing on you. I'll introduce you to the installer so you can talk to him about it. He's a friend of mine too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Carrara White is yellowing!!!!