997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PSS10 Damptronic's now shipping! **Limited Stock**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
PSS10 Damptronic's now shipping! **Limited Stock**

Special Intro Price for 6speed readers! Please EMAIL ME for more info. NO PM'S PLEASE!

I am leaving for SEMA tomorrow, but will do my best to check emails. I will not be checking 6speed.

mike@awe-tuning.com

You have been reading about them, now they are here. Direct replacements for the OEM PASM suspension.

The most frequently asked questions are the following:

1. Are there external adjustments on the shock? No, You retain the sport suspension button on your dash. This will change it from the softer to the harder setting.

2. Are they height adjustable? Yes, these are just like any other coilover. The shock has a threaded body with spring perches that will allow for adjustment. Great for setting the ride height, rake, and corner balancing.

3. Will I get any error lights on the dash. No, this is completely compatible. Bilstein has the most intimate knowledge of this system due to the fact Porsche contracted them to help develop the OEM system on the car now.

Please visit our website for further details.
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...nsion&IL=pss10

Old 10-29-2007, 10:56 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Ohhhh Yesssss!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Mike,

Thank you for the GREAT service you provided! Got a tracking number?

Gene - did you get you a set?

I ordered mine already and should get it Wednesday/Thurs.

Also I found a TA front for the Rear TA piece I got.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:03 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I can never say no to Mike

Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
yeah Mike can twist pretty hard at times

Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi,

Any comment please on the "noise" reported in this forum on the other thread? Thanks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...=101378&page=2

In the first photo you will see the complete system as it ships from Germany. In the three additional photos, you will see the PSS10 utilizing cup car mounts. The cup mounts are the silver ones and the stock mounts are black. The cup mounts add more flexibility for adjusting camber and provide improved spring rotation during a tight turn. Due to the angled shape of the stock mount, a slight popping sound may be heard when making very tight turns at slow speeds, such as turning into a park or garage. The angle of the mount causes the "pop" as the spring rotates in the mount while making the turn. That's not a desirable noise from a $150k car.

Last edited by cannga; 10-29-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
On my H&R springs I got a tension release sound from the top of the spring which I would assume is from the perch area. It would only happen when I turned the wheel all the way to one side or the other and it would kinda pop in or out of place for a second and then it was gone.

When I install these I will listen for it to see.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:21 PM
TurboBill is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cannga
Hi,

Any comment please on the "noise" reported in this forum on the other thread? Thanks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
In the first photo you will see the complete system as it ships from Germany. In the three additional photos, you will see the PSS10 utilizing cup car mounts. The cup mounts are the silver ones and the stock mounts are black. The cup mounts add more flexibility for adjusting camber and provide improved spring rotation during a tight turn. Due to the angled shape of the stock mount, a slight popping sound may be heard when making very tight turns at slow speeds, such as turning into a park or garage. The angle of the mount causes the "pop" as the spring rotates in the mount while making the turn. That's not a desirable noise from a $150k car.
If you compare the photo that Mike posted above of the Bilstein's vs. the photos that 997TT posted of the "complete system as it ships from Germany", it looks like the ones that come from Germany do not come with any mounts while the coliovers Mike is offering do come with Bilstein supplied mounts. Maybe this is one of the reasons why Bilstein took so long to offer these in the US while the Eurpoean Companies have had them for several months???

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	997TT from Germany.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	52298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike AWE Pic.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	52299  
Old 10-29-2007, 07:32 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
They do look different than the PSS10 set I just installed. Maybe the "damptronic" is a newer upgraded version. I look forward to the write ups!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Alpine, do you have any leads on the Techart front and rear lowers? I really like them.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:54 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Mike (or any expert here),

Could you please explain why the springs don't look the same in these 2 systems. The one from 997TT has a little spring and a big spring, the one from Mike/AWE only has one big spring.

Isn't that little spring part of the progressive rate feature of the Bilstein Coilover?

Originally Posted by TurboBill
If you compare the photo that Mike posted above of the Bilstein's vs. the photos that 997TT posted of the "complete system as it ships from Germany", it looks like the ones that come from Germany do not come with any mounts while the coliovers Mike is offering do come with Bilstein supplied mounts. Maybe this is one of the reasons why Bilstein took so long to offer these in the US while the Eurpoean Companies have had them for several months???

Attached Images   
Old 10-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Can,

The little spring that you see is usually called a helper spring. It keeps the main spring indexed or in place when its lifted up or or when the car is airborne for a moment.

We don't have that here with the US version thus we have different mounts to keep the spring indexed or in place for the same situations.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong. I haven't opened my box yet but I will take actual pictures tonight of the coilovers.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I opened my box.

1)2 springs with each corner, 1 is a helper spring
2)each spring end has a flat beveled surface to ensure it will not "pop" when turning
3)the front dampener has the PASM wire enter thru the bottom of the strut instead of the top like the stock units
4)new sway links are included

This is a very high quality set - each dampener even has a "Nurburgring Tested" sticker on it!!

Old 11-02-2007, 05:31 PM
eclou, your description sounds just like the set I received from Germany. Any photos?

Bill

Old 11-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Hello eclou & Alpine,

Thanks.

Another question: If I **don't** want to lower the ride height, does the PSS10 offer any advantage over the stock coilover? In other words, does it offer better or firmer ride/handling, allow more adjustments with camber/toe in/caster, etc., even if I plan to keep the car at stock height? I assume you would need to install it first before answering, but I guess the question is what are the expectations?

I am new to this, please explain with as much details as possible. Thanks again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PSS10 Damptronic's now shipping! **Limited Stock**