997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Brake squeal update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 08:12 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Brake squeal update

Thought I would update you guys, I just picked up my car and there is no more brake squeal. I spoke to my tech when I picked it up and he said the car was quiet when he drove it out but on the way back to the dealership it started squealing and never stopped. He said it was really bad because the squealing made the e-brake rotors ring. He scuffed the rotors, R&R the rear pads and cleaned everything up. I have my fingers crossed and thought I would share the info with all of you guys that have the same squeal. So far, the service trip was worth it.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:19 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like the rotors were glazed. Common problem.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp