997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Availability of Direct Shift Gearbox and X50 upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:37 PM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
Would that be on the facelifted option spied on the Ring ? LED tail lights and a rumoured direct injection engine pushing power up by 20hp. Looking at the video, that car does not have the double clutch transmission, does not mean it won't be available.

There's been plenty of shots of facelifted Carreras a while back, but it's the first one I see of a Turbo, so an announcement in Geneva and availability late summer for MY09 does not look like a far fetched theory. I've seen plenty of 997TTs sitting on showrooms at MSRP, not quite the tidal wave that was once expected.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Turbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ze_shark
Would that be on the facelifted option spied on the Ring ? LED tail lights and a rumoured direct injection engine pushing power up by 20hp. Looking at the video, that car does not have the double clutch transmission, does not mean it won't be available.

There's been plenty of shots of facelifted Carreras a while back, but it's the first one I see of a Turbo, so an announcement in Geneva and availability late summer for MY09 does not look like a far fetched theory. I've seen plenty of 997TTs sitting on showrooms at MSRP, not quite the tidal wave that was once expected.
GREAT! Thanks for the video!

I LOVE this Facelift Turbo!

The LED is so cool and 500HP is a nice # to start at.

That's what I think too, I guess I can order this car before summer as a MY09 model.

Right now, my dealer already has some Nov/Dec build TT selling at a cheaper price.

Maybe that's mean the facelift might come earlier than we thought...

Old 11-05-2007, 04:19 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
MY09 will be called az a turbo S and yes it's 500Hp

Old 11-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
wow DSG in turbo with turbo upgrade...!
a step closer to GT2? hahaha

"I'm sick of Porsche's 911 being facelifted for over 20 years already...
Overdone, over-hyped, overly sick of too much publicity.
We know the facts, the history behind and all, but this is just getting too much." from video comment