997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche says NO!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 08:55 AM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Porsche says NO!

Hello all, some of you know I have my order in for 08, and have been struggleing with color choice. I know it will be red just not sure which shade. Germany was going to send GTS red over to look at. Now they say GTS red will be exclusive to the 09 Cayenne only and they will not put it on my turbo. Cant believe I have to take no for an answer. Thoughts.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:18 AM
BSM
BSM is infamous around these parts
Rediculous. As a strong alternative, you should consider Imola Red from BMW, usually seen on M3's and M5's, but also available to the non-M cars. Imola Red appears to be VERY similar to the GTS red.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:19 AM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
Don't take it personally

Porsche say's NO a lot! I learned it the hard way when ordering my C2S, and more recently when trying to get them to build a two-tone natural brown and black interior - "no"
how about GT3RS wheels? - no
okay, how about one of the Cayennse Turbo S colors? - no

They're Germans ......

Dick

Old 11-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Banned
ss360 is infamous around these parts
mabey they said no because at this time they are not accepting any paint to sample orders. They will accept these orders again in a few months from what i was told.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:02 AM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
I havent been told they were not doing paint to sample, because I am looking with the dealer at " brillant Red" from audi. He said that would be ok. Just thought it would be easier than this

Old 11-03-2007, 08:04 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BSM
Rediculous. As a strong alternative, you should consider Imola Red from BMW, usually seen on M3's and M5's, but also available to the non-M cars. Imola Red appears to be VERY similar to the GTS red.
imola is a very nice color

Old 11-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
They exclude certain colors simply due to exclusivity. Like Gulf Blue, or Azzurro when the first club coupes came out (but no longer). Using a non Porsche matching color should work fine, especially from Audi or BMW. Paint to Sample is only not accepted (other than the color issue above) after mid-February in the model year production.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks fellas I just dont want the car to look orange at all. Dealer "seems" to be pushing for guards red just because "porsche knows what there doing with their colors." Maybe,but as all enthusiasts know when you get a picture in your head you "want it". Color and wheels can make or break the appearence. I told the dealer i would decide by next week.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
wow i didnt know you could order special color from other models or other company.
thats interesting!

Old 11-04-2007, 01:24 AM
DSUNNYM1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VailTT
Thanks fellas I just dont want the car to look orange at all. Dealer "seems" to be pushing for guards red just because "porsche knows what there doing with their colors." Maybe,but as all enthusiasts know when you get a picture in your head you "want it". Color and wheels can make or break the appearence. I told the dealer i would decide by next week.
I totally agree with you about the Orange!!

I hate that,,
If i buy a Red car I want it Red without the cast of Orange which Guards Red has alot of !! I Had a GR 07 Targa which did not have as much Orange as some other GR Porsche's I have seen....weird but I have noticed that some GR Porsche's have more Orange to them then others??

I am thinking about possibly ordering my TT cab in Rossa Corsa Red (Ferrari Red)

Old 11-04-2007, 06:47 AM
TestnDoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VailTT
Your salesguy is just trying to push through the deal. F*** him. Order the color that suits your taste, since its your money you are spending!

Old 11-05-2007, 08:43 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
Your salesguy is just trying to push through the deal. F*** him. Order the color that suits your taste, since its your money you are spending!
EXACTLY... i agree with an above post. sample the Imola Red from BMW... its definitely one of the best reds... its deep, brilliant, and no orange

Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Imola red isn't that different from guards red.
Maybe a shade or two darker if anything

Old 11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
SLC4S is infamous around these parts
Imola Red is a fantastic color choice... would look amazing.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
+1
You're paying and should get what you want.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche says NO!