997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Air intakes......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:45 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
That heat shield looks about as sealed as our Mexican border

Old 11-15-2007, 04:53 PM
charles is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eclou
That heat shield looks about as sealed as our Mexican border
i laugh !

let us give them a chance to prove that it makes sense. We will know more when they convince me to install their intakes with the shields.

i have liked their products, so i will see what happens.
thanks for the laugh, eclou

Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I can tell you that there is no loss. I have dynoed these units and I didn't loose anything.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Your Reply ??

Originally Posted by charles

Thank you,
Alex@Fabspeed

Let us know if you have any other questions.

endquote

dear alex and fabian, i see two types of heat shields..why?

also, i have 2 of yours on my shelf, not installed due to what i have already stated above. surely, after recognising the heat factor and that i have not fitted it, except your sports exhausts on both my porsches, and the air intake with heat shield on the 996; your company will ensure i do not waste the intakes by sending FOC the best heat shield for this purpose after your R&D has shown up this weakness. as it stands, i have a set that i and many believe it not being able to do the job it was sold to do.

it will please me greatly when you and fabian rectify my trust in your company.

thank you.
Dear Fabspeed, your reply on speedonline please.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:46 AM
disappointed with fabspeed

alex@fabspeed says ask him questions. so i did as above.
after a reasonable time, i copied my questions above and emailed directly to fabspeed .

well, lads----no answers, no replies, no nothing.

lessons here??

Old 11-22-2007, 05:26 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute

after a reasonable time, i copied my questions above and emailed directly to fabspeed .

lessons here??
The lesson is you are asking a company to shoot itself in the foot publicly which is a little immature. They put a product on the market, which you bought, then did some more R&D and then released a better version. They did not force you to buy the original product. You did that on your own. Just because they came up with something better, they should not be resposible for updating your item.

You talking to them like they are 4 year olds on the internet will not rush them into posting a public reply like you have asked.

I'd love to see what happens when you buy a new Ipod and then a better one comes out in a few months. I'm sure you will be asking Apple to publicly explain their reason and then ask them to send you a new one.

I've used Fabspeed products for the past three years and everytime, I've had a quality product. Monday morning I will be calling Imagine Auto to purchase my upgrade.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:36 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I don't think anyone would buy this thinking it is going to produce any extra power

Old 11-22-2007, 02:40 PM
thanks 4 your comments

Originally Posted by tblackj
The lesson is you are asking a company to shoot itself in the foot publicly which is a little immature. They put a product on the market, which you bought, then did some more R&D and then released a better version. They did not force you to buy the original product. You did that on your own. Just because they came up with something better, they should not be resposible for updating your item.

You talking to them like they are 4 year olds on the internet will not rush them into posting a public reply like you have asked.

I'd love to see what happens when you buy a new Ipod and then a better one comes out in a few months. I'm sure you will be asking Apple to publicly explain their reason and then ask them to send you a new one.

I've used Fabspeed products for the past three years and everytime, I've had a quality product. Monday morning I will be calling Imagine Auto to purchase my upgrade.

thanks 4 your comments

it is basic courtesy to reply, but thanks for your comments. they joined in the discussion and i took up the offer thier representative made.

However, it would be better if you didnt GET PERSONAL ! when joining this thread

finally, they can look after their own PR, like my various companies can. Done professionally, it would be a better job than you can do.

cool down, mate
gooday

Old 11-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Charles,

First, let me appoligize if we have not responded to your e-mails that were sent to Fabspeed. We have been having problems with our computers this past week due to a virus that infected all our computers. That being said, I will try to answer your questions. We have two different types of heatshields that we used for our prototype. The one is carbon fiber and the other is stainless. For existing customers that purchased our intake before the heatshield we are supplying them with a stainless shield free of charge.
You also stated about an Alex and Fabian? There is no Fabian that works at Fabspeed. Are you referring to Joe Fabiani who is the owner of Fabspeed??
Fabspeed is constantly updating/improving our products, as do many major companies in all types of different industries. As someone else stated, look at other companies that are constantly updating their products to stay on top of the industry. If you have any further questions regarding the intake please feel free to give me a call anytime. I am always willing to help out and be of assistance.
I will also be putting the intake back on our test car as soon as the tubes get back from getting powder coating to measure IAT's for those of you that asked about this.

Have a great day.

lessons here??

Old 11-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Gentlemen.

Porsche has a very good design in the stock airbox it is a unit that is pressurized while the car is being driven and in essense is a cold airbox.

Everyone has there opinion on what works and what doesnt.
Personally I think that in order for airbox to be functional on this car it must be a pressurized sealed enclosure like that of the factory unit.

We decided not to try and re-invent the wheel with a completely new box but instead made a carbon top half of the airbox.

While it doesnt make any power - It doesnt loose any power either.

We are in development of a replacement panel filter for the 997TT which will be available with our without our airbox.
This will be a high flow airfilter that will not effect the mass air sensors like previous replacement filters that have been on the market for years past.

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=about vAlign=top>

</TD><TD class=about vAlign=top align=justify>GMG 997TT Replacment Carbon Fiber Airbox
The factory air box found in the 997TT has an excellent design relying on air pressure that is forced into the air box as the car moves through the air. Testing has shown the factory air box to be able to support 700+hp.
GMG introduces our carbon air box for the 997TT. This is a Carbon fiber top portion of the factory air box.
Installs in less than 5 minutes. Simply pop off the stock air box and install our carbon part.
Will not void warranty and will not trigger any check engine lights.
Made from the same carbon weave that the new GT2 air box is made of. UV resistant resin that has been heat treated and clear coat and is highly resistant to discoloring over time.
- Made in the USA.
-Fitment all 997TT
Price: $650.00
* Installation is available at our facility.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 11-23-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:59 PM
on looks alone, those cones are outstanding

Dear Jeremy of Fabspeed.
Thank you for your reply, and i understand about the computer downtime.

yes, i meant Joe Fabiani, not fabian; thank you.

i am very pleased with your FOC offer of the stainless steel heat shield. i can then install the parts i have sitting on the shelf, and not waste them. i respect your continueing R&D. and your readiness to help me out.

on looks alone, those cones are outstanding. i have been very torn, as i was also looking forward to the induction sounds joe had indicated to me. (i had so enjoyed yours on the 996.)
i am very happy with your TT exhausts, which are ever so slightly different in sound to your 996 ones (because of N/A status). maybe when the 2 cones go in, a 'symphony' of new sounds may be even more pleasing !

i will send you a direct email so you can check through your records to prove my purchase
thanks again, jeremy
gooday.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:15 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Yo Chuck, wasn't meant to be personal. Just stating another side to the story. Glad they got back to you and now you are a happy camper once again...

Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM
have you ordered the intakes ?

tblackj,
all ok .
have you ordered the intakes ?

let us know what they are like. mine may take some time before i can install them, due to the distance and when they send the other parts.
gooday.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:06 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Gentlemen.

Porsche has a very good design in the stock airbox it is a unit that is pressurized while the car is being driven and in essense is a cold airbox.

Everyone has there opinion on what works and what doesnt.
Personally I think that in order for airbox to be functional on this car it must be a pressurized sealed enclosure like that of the factory unit.

We decided not to try and re-invent the wheel with a completely new box but instead made a carbon top half of the airbox.

While it doesnt make any power - It doesnt loose any power either.

We are in development of a replacement panel filter for the 997TT which will be available with our without our airbox.
This will be a high flow airfilter that will not effect the mass air sensors like previous replacement filters that have been on the market for years past.

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=about vAlign=top>

</TD><TD class=about vAlign=top align=justify>GMG 997TT Replacment Carbon Fiber Airbox
The factory air box found in the 997TT has an excellent design relying on air pressure that is forced into the air box as the car moves through the air. Testing has shown the factory air box to be able to support 700+hp.
GMG introduces our carbon air box for the 997TT. This is a Carbon fiber top portion of the factory air box.
Installs in less than 5 minutes. Simply pop off the stock air box and install our carbon part.
Will not void warranty and will not trigger any check engine lights.
Made from the same carbon weave that the new GT2 air box is made of. UV resistant resin that has been heat treated and clear coat and is highly resistant to discoloring over time.
- Made in the USA.
-Fitment all 997TT
Price: $650.00
* Installation is available at our facility.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
does this work for the 996?

Last edited by robertp; 11-25-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:15 PM
hi robertp,
i am interested in this part. i hope he will post it here or inform us when it is ready.

(We are in development of a replacement panel filter for the 997TT)

somebody or fabryce, plz post when ready.
cheers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Air intakes......