997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Air intakes......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 06:35 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by charles
tblackj,
all ok .
have you ordered the intakes ?

let us know what they are like. mine may take some time before i can install them, due to the distance and when they send the other parts.
gooday.
I have the 1st gen (?) without the shields and honestly, I think the only thing they do is make really cool whooshing noises when you hit the gas really hard.

I will check into the shields update.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:24 PM
charles is infamous around these parts
FABSPEED Heat shield has arrived

True to form, Jeremy of Fabspeed has sent and i have now received, the heat shield. thank you Jeremy.

i will be installing it as soon as is practical. my two choices of installation mechanics are busy with xmas around the corner. to be fair, i will not wait till the new year for the results.

it is the induction roar that i hope to enjoy. any gains or not will be hard for me to judge, but we will see.

i will be looking at all the requirements to see if i can fit the shield and intakes myself - it has been a long time since!

once again thanks to fabspeed to come to my aid so quickly.

gooday all.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I like the CF look.......

Old 12-08-2007, 12:25 AM
fabspeeds and heatshield

i plucked up courage and installed the fabspeeds and the heatshield that fabspeed has been fantastic in sending out to me.

at the bottom, i have put a series of pictures of my work together, and continueing on the following post to this one. [i still dont know how to place pictures up here in this immediate area]

well, i did not obtain the induction roar ! i had an increased whooshing sound of the turbos instead. i cannot tell if there is less or more power but that does not matter.

maybe i wrongly expected an induction roar like the conical fabspeed ones on my 996.

so no roar, just loud whooshes.

is this what others are getting ?

gooday.

Attached Images      

Last edited by charles; 12-08-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:28 AM
the rest of the photos

the rest of the photos for the above posting.
thanks

Attached Images    
Old 12-08-2007, 08:33 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Very nice job.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by charles
the rest of the photos for the above posting.
thanks
I like that setup alot....But wouldn't it get wet when washing?

Old 12-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche997TT
I like that setup alot....But wouldn't it get wet when washing?
mmmm, i think it may get wet only if the water hose was aimed in such a way to do so. i dont expect water getting in with normal driving as the current 'box' has not been wet before, after rainfalls.

i might be wrong about evidence of water penetration, but as i am the inventor of the world's First & ONLY Biological waterbased 'waterless' vehicle washes that also cleans the INSIDES of all the vehicles, all my cars over the past 8-9 years have never EVER been water hosed with petroleum based 'soaps' to stay squeeky clean. (so these cars never get wetted or get damped in places where water should not be - discs, hydraulics, wires, panel seams, etc etc)

see - http://www.carmagic.com.au/?page_id=15 <o></o>

( all my users of Style magic now have hours of spare time, and still have regular clean sheening cars, and also 'repaired' a little of the world)

back to the subject - are there others who have experienced what i have ? - whooshes instead of induction roars with the 997 TT and F'speed cones ?

looking back on the posts here, there is one other person who has experienced whooshes. i dont believe the heatshield will change any existing sounds created by the cones.

i wonder if one were to change just the filter within the OEM airbox, would one experience a louder induction roar ?. someone here has already mentioned the pending development of a new filter, but he has not followed up on my request for more info. yet.

. so if you have any of these experiences, let us know.

thanks, gooday.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
The sound difference should be noticable...Maybe hear some whistling when you start it up when its cold. And when you let off or step on it.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:22 PM
K&N or BMC flat filters ?

hi porsche9977tt,
yes, it is very different. i seldom heard the whooshes before fitment.

i just wonder if the others who have installed either a K&N or BMC flat filters into the OEM airboxes are getting a louder induction sound than OEM filters? i will appreciate answers to this please.

ps. my fabspeed exhausts are still sounding great.

regards

Old 12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
My87Targa is infamous around these parts
looks good