997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Question: RUF 600hp kit for 997 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 01:03 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Hey somebody pass me another beer....
What an arrogant ***.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:19 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bentley
The re-sale factor reveals an inherent desire of 'wannabees' to act as though they are driving Rufs from Germany rather than mere after- the- fact mods.
The "champagne taste", "beer" pocketbook is alive and well with the pretenders to the throne. Does Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Aston Martin offer such add-ons? The kits merely de-value the genuine total vehicle. What vehicle sales has Alois lost to the aformentioned vehicle manufacturers, who do not compromise their creations. Many think this was a bad marketing decision by him. Now that he has contractually tied himself to the middle east business interests perhaps he can sell additional vehicles, rather than component parts,to those with real money.
Mr. Grey Poupon, I don't think your nose is high enough in the air.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:12 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Let's correct the direction of this thread quickly.....

Jean - How do you know that the RT12 does not have higher numbers on Ruf's engine dyno? I cannot confirm the information about the Yellowbird, but that would make sense.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:19 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 6088TTS
I'd also like to add, which version of the Rt12 ran? There is 550, 570, 650 versions all with awd or rwd configurations. Can some one please confirm this please

Car is a 650hp Rt12. Owner ran his RT12, his Rturbo, and CGT over the last few events:

CGT 180.7 mph
Rturbo 181.9 mph
RT12 183.3 mph

compare that with other Tx Mile times:

Proto stage2 997tt 178 mph
EVO 690R 997tt 187 mph
Proto 700kit 996tt 190 mph

Keep in mind the Rt12 is a narrow bodied 997 vs the wide bodied 997tt's

Old 11-10-2007, 08:46 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by eclou
Car is a 650hp Rt12. Owner ran his RT12, his Rturbo, and CGT over the last few events:

CGT 180.7 mph
Rturbo 181.9 mph
RT12 183.3 mph

compare that with other Tx Mile times:

Proto stage2 997tt 178 mph
EVO 690R 997tt 187 mph
Proto 700kit 996tt 190 mph

Keep in mind the Rt12 is a narrow bodied 997 vs the wide bodied 997tt's
Wow the Proto 700 is quick! Does anyone know if they have a 700hp+ kit for the 997 Turbo? I am really leaning towards the RUF 600hp kit with soon to be available RTurbo body kit etc. I'm in my final stage of decisions and if I get one of the kits, I will keep you guys posted on everything that happens with the car as well as before and after dynos. Thanks everybody for the info and advice!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by forhamilton
Let's correct the direction of this thread quickly.....

Jean - How do you know that the RT12 does not have higher numbers on Ruf's engine dyno? I cannot confirm the information about the Yellowbird, but that would make sense.
No need to look too far, here are some dyno runs from their dyno in Germany.

http://www.rufautocentre.com/conversions/997_Turbo.asp

But this is not my source, I know from someone there.

Eclou, great post, cheers.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:18 PM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jean
No need to look too far, here are some dyno runs from their dyno in Germany.

http://www.rufautocentre.com/conversions/997_Turbo.asp

But this is not my source, I know from someone there.

Eclou, great post, cheers.

I think Ruf "declare" 650 for the Rt12 in order to be inline with their producer TUV cert...
otherwise as per erik earlier,most Rt12s go over 700 and that's on Ruf's engine dyno,more,look at the Ctr3,700 hp? basically Rt12 engine,torque btw is exactly the same 890 Nm
so they do produce more power than they qoute but really what is important is that driveability availabilty of power and how civilised and controllable the Rt12 is.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
6088tts this is how i see it. You simply want the baddest kit out there and price don't seem like a big issue either. You often change cars and don't keep them for very long so I wouldn't even bother thinking about the reliablity because all these tuners are very reputable. The real question to you is how much money will you loose with these mods once u sell the car. However, there is an alternative. Mods can be taken part (costly labor though) and be resold on the used market.

Good luck

Old 11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
6088tts this is how i see it. You simply want the baddest kit out there and price don't seem like a big issue either. You often change cars and don't keep them for very long so I wouldn't even bother thinking about the reliablity because all these tuners are very reputable. The real question to you is how much money will you loose with these mods once u sell the car. However, there is an alternative. Mods can be taken part (costly labor though) and be resold on the used market.

Good luck
I see your point sir, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

Old 11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
i believe Ruf depending on it name more than what they producing .. and the high coast comes after the big name and the big buddget of commercial they spending in bahrain and united arab of emarits if they didnt rise there prices they'll lose , i've a evo 610 package on my 997 TT with one small comment if it get solved i believe there's no company can be a camparatieve to evo ms and my comment is M having my check engine light on and frnds with tunned pcm from other companies dont have the check engine light on !!
other wise my package is better stronger than any comparatieve company on road and on long term service !!
with no engine problems
best regard : yousef

Old 11-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Bentley is infamous around these parts
You are correct that there are aftermarket manufacturers who produce components second to none. What some of the readers do not inderstand is that with the devaluation of the U.S. Dollar, the German built Ruf vehicle will be even more costly and presumably rarer [and of greater value]; the Ruf parts will be more costly but not greatly add to the re-sale value of the vehicle. If a buyer could afford a Ruf, he or she would purchase it rather than a Porsche will some Ruf parts.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
What some of the readers do not inderstand is that with the devaluation of the U.S. Dollar, the German built Ruf vehicle will be even more costly and presumably rarer [and of greater value]
Really? I don't think any of us don't understand this.

...the Ruf parts will be more costly but not greatly add to the re-sale value of the vehicle. If a buyer could afford a Ruf, he or she would purchase it rather than a Porsche will some Ruf parts.
A forum member wanted to know the differences between the EVO/AWE/IA performance modifications versus RUF. And your response is to buy a RUF vin'ed car because it is/will be worth more than a RUF modified car.

This is helpful how?

Last edited by bbywu; 11-12-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:39 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Easy man. These guys obviously speak limited English.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:47 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by forhamilton
Easy man. These guys obviously speak limited English.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Bentley is infamous around these parts
The jocular comments are too juvenile to respond to; instead a brief commentary of the Ruf design/fabrication process will be addressed.
A customer interfaces with Ruf personnel to discuss desired performances:
1. Alois orders a DISASSEMBLED Porsche from the factory.
2. He adds or deletes components as he deems best for overall performance.
3. His staff assembles comonents, welds the body panels, and installs Ruf parts as necessary. If performed correctly, the synergy works for the vehicle.
4. The vehicle is road tested to verify desired performance parameters.
5. The customer receives the Ruf fabricated vehicle.
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts with this: design, fabrication, assemble process.
Obviousle purchasing some parts to enhance one's vehicle does not approach the aforementioned Ruf total build process.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question: RUF 600hp kit for 997 Turbo