997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Manual vs. Tiptronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:01 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 997 Turbo Tip
The purists will always go for the manual.
/thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:14 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tranquility
That's the challenge. It's great!
Thats called wasting money. Go through a set of clutch in a couple of months. Imagine that when you are driving a CGT

Old 11-15-2007, 06:35 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
I don't know why people who enjoy manual are called 'purists'. Purists are conservative, counter-productive people who like things staying the same because they fear change.

That's not the case. We enjoy manual better because to us, it is better. If we were purists, we'd be driving pre-ABS pre-airbag cars with hemispherical cylinder heads that you have to double clutch to shift.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bavariamotorist
I don't know why people who enjoy manual are called 'purists'. Purists are conservative, counter-productive people who like things staying the same because they fear change.

That's not the case. We enjoy manual better because to us, it is better. If we were purists, we'd be driving pre-ABS pre-airbag cars with hemispherical cylinder heads that you have to double clutch to shift.
what i meant was people that enjoy a "pure", undiluted driving experience

Old 11-16-2007, 08:38 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
tip is wonderful but can u upgrade it in futuer ?

Old 11-16-2007, 09:00 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 6088TTS
Thats called wasting money. Go through a set of clutch in a couple of months. Imagine that when you are driving a CGT
Well, besides the A/T vs M/T debate, does the GT3 even have a/c nowadays? We do live in HK.

I dunno, I still think when ppl have such pure sportscars it's counterproductive to dilute the pwr by going A/T. Defeats the very purpose of getting a fast car.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:22 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Well, besides the A/T vs M/T debate, does the GT3 even have a/c nowadays? We do live in HK.

I dunno, I still think when ppl have such pure sportscars it's counterproductive to dilute the pwr by going A/T. Defeats the very purpose of getting a fast car.
Yes AC is standard on the GT3/RS. Mind you that the Tippy Turbo is FASTER than the manual so it don't really defeat a purpose of this particular fast car. Most F1 or SMG or DSGs now are at least equal or faster than their manual counterparts in many many cars.(Eco-box to Super Cars)

Old 11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 6088TTS
Yes AC is standard on the GT3/RS. Mind you that the Tippy Turbo is FASTER than the manual so it don't really defeat a purpose of this particular fast car. Most F1 or SMG or DSGs now are at least equal or faster than their manual counterparts in many many cars.(Eco-box to Super Cars)

I dunno much about Tips, is there any downside vs M/T? I can see when it's a clutchless manual, then of course > reg M/T.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:32 AM
I dunno much about Tips, is there any downside vs M/T? I can see when it's a clutchless manual, then of course > reg M/T.
For me, there is no downside, only upside since I will be driving the Turbo on the street and street only. I do not see a purpose of buying a GT and a straight line car in manual, if you were to track a car then the Turbo would be the wrong car for you and that spot is filled in with the GT3/RS.

PS. This tippy Turbo, even my girl friend can drive it and smoke a Fcar on her way to get groceries.