997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche 996TT to Techart GT Street 997TT Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:19 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good, nice job with bringing it along to this point. U should definetly go with bigger rims in the rear, too much space for some reason back there

Old 09-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
other then a hood adjustment.. everything came out nicely

Old 09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
other then a hood adjustment.. everything came out nicely
Yeah we are still working on the adjustment of the hood. I have a few smaller issues to tackle and then we can start working on the new stereo install and replacing all the interior pieces.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Any updates?

Old 09-19-2008, 08:27 PM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Vince get her done by SEMA man...

Old 09-20-2008, 01:01 AM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lsbe36
Vince get her done by SEMA man...

Currently getting the stereo done. Car will be unveiled at SEMA 2008

Old 09-20-2008, 03:26 PM
White997TT is infamous around these parts
cant wait to see how it turns out. why didnt you just buy a 997?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by White997TT
cant wait to see how it turns out. why didnt you just buy a 997?
its personal preference.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:42 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Vince,

I just can't get pass the green! It was so much nicer in Basalt. Great job and it looks great, I can't wait to see the photoshoot pics. BTW, the M3 is in PBMW this month.

Cheers.

Michael

Old 09-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Wow, I don't even recognize my car anymore. Looks good, Vince. I hope that she treats you well...

Old 09-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Ok guys here are some sneak pics of the stereo system. You guys are the first to see this before the crowd at SEMA. I had Creative Car Audio and Motorsports in Santa Fe Springs make me a custom color matched fiberglassed subwoofer box that fits arounds the GMG Racing roll bar and stills allows direct access to the suspension so I can still alter suspension adjustments such as rebound and compression. The box can also be removed for those track days when every pound matters. The entire system was color matched with BASF Glasurit 997 GT3 RS Green.

The one thing outdated with the 996 Porsche Turbo is the stereo system. The Pioneer Z2 dual din head unit behind a custom carbon fiber mounting plate updates the outdated stock head unit. I also plan on painting the two plastic covers in the trunk green next week to match.

I love the new Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow subs because they do not require as much airspace as before and fit the compact Porsche with ease. The new Power amp line from Rockford Fosgate allows me to fit two powerful amps in the trunk with room to spare. In between the fiberglassed color matched amp rack is a Rockford 10 farad Hybrid Digital Capacitor and the entire audio system is run off an Pioneer Avic Z2 with bluetooth and ipod add ons combined with a Rockford Fosfate 3Sixty Interative Signal Processor. 3 gauges from the Autometer Cobalt Digital Series measured and display the amp current, amp temp., and volts within the stereo system in a custom fiberglassed pod.

Thank you to Rockford Fosgate, BASF and Creative Car Audio and Motorsports for an amazing digital audio listening experience ,that looks as good as it sounds.

Last edited by Green Turbo; 09-29-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:19 AM
Here are some pictures of the carbon fiber interior pieces from MA Carbon.

Last edited by Green Turbo; 10-01-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:51 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Good job Vince but I have to be honest. Some of the weave is not the same and it is too much....just my opinion of course.

BTW, I made cover of EuroTuner with the M3.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON
Good job Vince but I have to be honest. Some of the weave is not the same and it is too much....just my opinion of course.

BTW, I made cover of EuroTuner with the M3.

congrats on the cover of Euro Tuner. When is it coming out? As you know I love carbon fiber, and I am actually trying to source out more parts to be made in carbon fiber.

Last edited by Green Turbo; 10-01-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Green Turbo
congrats on the cover of Euro Tuner. When is it coming out? As you know I love carbon fiber, and I am actually trying to source out more parts to be made in carbon fiber.
Vince whats up buddy i called you yesterday call me back, the car looks great, i know a guy who makes a lot of parts for our cars in carbon fiber.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche 996TT to Techart GT Street 997TT Pics