997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

M5 or S8.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Juan, thanks for posting the video. Your car is no doubt a monster.
What did the Z06 have as far as mods, I am not a big fan of the M5 but thats just my taste, nor am I fan of the Z06 but have to give credit when its due the Vette has come a LONG way. Good job making the Bimmer run hard and fast.

Bajo
How do you still have your s8? Isnt it time for a change out?

Old 11-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I like the M5 as well...great car for the price

You could always get a used S8....there are some used 07s that have taken a 25% hit already

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
How do you still have your s8? Isnt it time for a change out?

You know me well, but no I almost sold her and let my cousin have her for a couple of months but in truth I did miss the car and still love it. For now.

Congrats on your M5, what happened to the RS6 sold, traded, keeping it (doubt it). Enjoy the M in good health.

Bajo

Old 11-26-2007, 09:04 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
I'd take the M5 without hesitation, doubt or question.

If, however, I lived in an area with seasons, I'd hesitantly take the M5 assuming I've got another AWD daily driver.

$0.02

Nice video, btw... both very strong cars.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:05 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BBGT2

You know me well, but no I almost sold her and let my cousin have her for a couple of months but in truth I did miss the car and still love it. For now.

Congrats on your M5, what happened to the RS6 sold, traded, keeping it (doubt it). Enjoy the M in good health.

Bajo
This has been a long and sad tale...traded the rs6 which needed 7k in non warranty work for a z4m coupe...the z4m coupe was a hunking piece of flaming **** because of a small problem, the dealership pretty much screwed me in "taking it back", and I said **** it, Im getting what I want Ive wanted for a long time. V10 all the way (We can both agree on that)

Old 11-26-2007, 09:08 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
what was wrong with your Z4 M Coupe, interested since I have both...
This has been a long and sad tale...traded the rs6 which needed 7k in non warranty work for a z4m coupe...the z4m coupe was a hunking piece of flaming **** because of a small problem, the dealership pretty much screwed me in "taking it back", and I said **** it, Im getting what I want Ive wanted for a long time. V10 all the way (We can both agree on that)

Old 11-26-2007, 09:11 PM
steering wheel shimmy that was NOT caused by wheels or tires...it was definitely noticeable and it drove me APE****...I even bought a set of bbs chs with potenza re0r1s and it didnt fix the problem. I never had it a full week and never drove it happily. To make things worse, I had to go to the dealer a gazillion times to replicate the problem (every time succeeding) and they end up taking a chunk of money from me in taking it back. Im definitely bitter about that one...

(I thought the car just had a bent wheel when I bought it...oops)

Last edited by sechsgang; 11-26-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:17 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
what a shame... i absolutely adore mine. i have never kept a car longer than 18 months and this is the first car i've actually thought i could keep for a VERY long time. i prefer it over the M5 in most cases... i mean, as far as pure excitement goes. the M5 is fun, but in a different way. i've only got about 3k miles on it so far but i drive the hell out of it and the only problem i have had is an annoying window rattle but the dealer fixed it.

steering wheel shimmy that was NOT caused by wheels or tires...it was definitely noticeable and it drove me APE****...I even bought a set of bbs chs with potenza re0r1s and it didnt fix the problem. I never had it a full week and never drove it happily. To make things worse, I had to go to the dealer a gazillion times to replicate the problem (every time succeeding) and they end up taking a chunk of money from me in taking it back. Im definitely bitter about that one...

(I thought the car just had a bent wheel when I bought it...oops)

Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Thats what the 997TT is for

Originally Posted by dr_sharp
I'd take the M5 without hesitation, doubt or question.

If, however, I lived in an area with seasons, I'd hesitantly take the M5 assuming I've got another AWD daily driver.

$0.02

Nice video, btw... both very strong cars.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:50 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Dinan E39 S3 M5... FTW
621 hp
502 lb/ft
good looks
rarer than rare
ultimate sleeper
proven package
no BS smg problems

Old 11-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
So the majority of you guys don't care for the E60 M5. Sad to say you lose. The ZO6vette I beat had internal work (heads, valves and cams) along with headers, intakes and exhaust ( no cats). Toughest car on the street encountered so far.
I can not understand why there are so many haters out there. I have run even with a 997 TT with Protomotive stage 2 , 3 or whatever!
It is a beast performance sedan and I can't understand why it is not given the credit. BTW the SMG is awesome, no problem!!!!!
No 997 TT would stand a chance against the Z06 I ran.

To each their own, I love my M5, kill almost anything on the highway and take my wife and another couple to diner.

Anyone locally want to try it or feel froggy bring it on. The M5 is up for it. I'll bring the 700 hp. (581rwhp).

Cheers gentlemen, GT3Ranger

Old 11-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Are you an early build date car or later?

Thank god the one Im looking at is an 06 build date

Old 11-27-2007, 02:55 AM
Stussyhb is infamous around these parts
m5 ftw

Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
6088TTS(Alan) I made my apology for my tone and comments to another member but are you insulting me, calling me childish?
I apologized and let it go because the discussion was not going to achieve a constructive end.
Go ahead and argue with EVO magazine who stated the M5 is the best sports sedan. Believe what you want , be happy.

GT3Ranger
I wasn't directing to you but if you want the claim then here it is. The reason why no one cares for the M5 is because you always brag about it especially YOURS! Who cares if yours got 700hp, I'm not the one driving it. I give full respect to the M5 and that is why I just put an order in for a M6 Vert. In fact I am really interested to know what you've done to your M5 to bring it to 700hp besides the NOS. But don't dis a very well made sedan like the S8 just because your M5 is faster or handles better. Is one thing to have a fast car, but it is another to brag about it day and night. Just my 0.02, and hope you don't take it personally.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey Alan no personal offense taken. Congrats on the M6, it's even faster than the M5 due to less weight.
Reason I mention my M5 because it's the only one I have the knowledge to discuss features of the car. I do not count much on magazine racing and quoted numbers.
My point about the S8 was that it is not in the M5 class and vehicle characteristics are different. I like Audi, I have an RS4 but S8 should be with the 760il and the B7 group. Your words were, why put the S8 down because the M5 is faster and handles better (kind a paraphrased). Well what do we look for in a car? Just those things.
Anyway I can give you the laundry list of the M5 mods, probably best in a PM. But I'll tell you if you ever decide on a nitrous do not let anyone do it except ASR Engineering. Abid is the man. He has designed and developed the perfect system for the E60 M5 and E63 M6. He is local for in Miami but he will fly to you for the install. It is bullet proof and no danger.
In the engine compartment it is totally stealth. He has designed custom air intakes to work with the NOS kit. Your ECU also needs to go to Active Autowerke (Miami) for a flash of the specific nitrous use with the M5/M6 engine function and parameters. I tell you it is seriously thought out.
Good luck with up coming M6, you're going to love it.

Cheers, GT3Ranger...Juan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M5 or S8.....