997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

parking light stuck on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 AM
TWON72001 is infamous around these parts
parking light stuck on

the other day i took the turbo out for a spin. didn't turn any lights on. when i went to take the key out/turn car off, the warning indicator bell alterted "parking light on". it seems that only my front passanger parking light was stuck on. i flipped the lights on and off, turned the car on and off, but for the first 2 or 3 times, the light was still stuck on. after one last try, it seemed to reset itself and was off.

anyone have this problem? what should i do if this happens again? do i need to take it in for service asap?

Old 11-25-2007, 10:23 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I have noticed this if I still have the turn signal on when I turn off the car.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Smoltz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TWON72001
the other day i took the turbo out for a spin. didn't turn any lights on. when i went to take the key out/turn car off, the warning indicator bell alterted "parking light on". it seems that only my front passanger parking light was stuck on. i flipped the lights on and off, turned the car on and off, but for the first 2 or 3 times, the light was still stuck on. after one last try, it seemed to reset itself and was off.

anyone have this problem? what should i do if this happens again? do i need to take it in for service asap?
Any chance your right directional was on when you shut off the car?

-Adam

Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of

Did you notice if the rear parking light was on as well? Might have something to do with the German thing of being able to leave the left or right front and rear parking lights on when parking on/in the street. Haven't tried it on the 997, but on my M3 you could put the turn signal on in either the left or right position before turning off the ignition, and the parking lights on that side would stay on until you moved the turn signal stock, or started the engine.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
TWON72001 is infamous around these parts
I Don't Recall If My Turn Signal Was On. I Had Just Pulled Into The Gas Station, So It's Possible. I Will Check Next Time. Thank You For All The Replies.

Twon

Old 11-25-2007, 11:06 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
I Don't Recall If My Turn Signal Was On. I Had Just Pulled Into The Gas Station, So It's Possible. I Will Check Next Time. Thank You For All The Replies.

Twon
Because Porsche in their worldly wisdom puts the ignition on the left, it makes it very easy to accidentally engage the right turn signal.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:41 PM
hatchback is infamous around these parts
Same thing has happened to me three times since I got the car. In all three cases I was driving at night with the headlights on. After I park I turn off the lights and turn off the engine and then get the "parking lights are on" warning. My directionals are off (were never on). When I look outside, the front and rear parking lights are on but only on the passenger side. Very freaky looking. The only way to turn them off is to start the car up and drive for a while and then try turning them off again. It's a definite defect but I can't reliably trigger it so I haven't brought it up with the dealer.