997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Work Vs-XX on a 997 TUrbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
Ben,

Your car looks great.

Alan

Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Ben you need to get a better set of wheels. They look

just kidding. Looking good.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
The wheels are beautiful. The mesh design is classic to me. Looks good now and in 10 years. My question is concerning their construction and weight.
I am not 100% sure but I thought they were not forged wheels and consequently become heavier. I think the centers are cast design. Can someone who knows for sure respond?
The Rennworx wheel are forged. The Work wheel is made in Japan I believe.
I would like to know definitively.

Thank you

Old 11-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
The wheels are beautiful. The mesh design is classic to me. Looks good now and in 10 years. My question is concerning their construction and weight.
I am not 100% sure but I thought they were not forged wheels and consequently become heavier. I think the centers are cast design. Can someone who knows for sure respond?
The Rennworx wheel are forged. The Work wheel is made in Japan I believe.
I would like to know definitively.

Thank you
here's what i know so far and i cant' back it 100%:

-work brombachers are cast wheels and my 19x12s in the rear weigh about 28lbs

-my fully forged oz superleggers 3s in the same size weigh about 27 lbs

-rennworx is just a brand name slapped onto work wheels

-techart wheels, i believe, are also made by work wheels and their ever popular formula wheels are cast and are heavier than the work brombachers in teh same sizes even though the work broms are three piece wheels

-being cast doesn't make a bad wheel and being forged doesn't make a good wheel, stick with a quality brand and you'll be fine

-it's a balancing act just like many other things in life - if you want great looks and lightweight... well for me, there's nothing better looking on a porsche than a two, three piece wheel with mesh centers a la brombachers. if i wanted ultimate lightweight from a quality brand i would've gone with champions, but they don'tlook as "sophisticated" and involved as your BBS LMs, Brombachers, OZ3s of the world. why? they're kinda one dimensional since they are one piece, yet they are light.

-the most important decision on wheels is do they truly fit? many people don't own wheels that truly fit the car. many run narrower widths or resort to spacers. or they rub when lowered. that's not true fitment to me. my car is lowered to 0 finger gap and the wheel edge runs very close to the edge in the rear and as much as possible in the front - yet i don't rub period. i run 315/25/19 PS2s and again don't rub. why? because they fit and i appreciate alan baylis' help in this regard. i trusted his specs and it worked out fine.

there certainly are a lot of options out there, but if you really put the test to the wheels, many fall short. the work broms do work for the car and if you plan on tracking your 911, you should have a set of dedicated "track" wheels anyways since you probably want a smaller diameter not just for weight savings but for better tire selection.

do your homework before you spend your heard earned dollars. way too many crap wheels i've seen on 911s here and elsewhere, but hey, ignorance is bliss?

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 11-28-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:51 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
^ :golf clap

Amen.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:52 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
Work Brombacher - different center than VS-XX. FWIW
Uhh, that's what I said. But then again, what do I know about Work wheels? I've only been using them since 2001, I'm only an authorized dealer, and I was only at the N/A distributor during lunchtime.

Ben is correct, Bill/Rennworx sells Work Wheels under the Rennworx name sans the Dymag stuff.

The Brombacher is a cast wheel as is the VS-XX.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
Well said Ben. And thank you for the compliment.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:38 PM
meatnpotatoz is infamous around these parts
Wow that car looks amazing

Old 11-28-2007, 02:40 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bumble996
Uhh, that's what I said. But then again, what do I know about Work wheels? I've only been using them since 2001, I'm only an authorized dealer, and I was only at the N/A distributor during lunchtime.

Ben is correct, Bill/Rennworx sells Work Wheels under the Rennworx name sans the Dymag stuff.

Oh come on - lighten up. I was being sarcastic. It is the HOLIDAYS!

I have been using them for a while as well

Old 11-28-2007, 03:52 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bumble996

yeah al dont know ****...

first and one and only work equips on a porsche o.g. baybee.. thanks AL!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:03 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh come on - lighten up. I was being sarcastic. It is the HOLIDAYS!
Sorry man, I get WORK'ed up when it comes to wheels LOL.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:45 PM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
What tip's are those ?
did we find out which tips those are?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:26 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
OMG I just wetted myself on this post:

**Does anyone know if these wheels could "possibily" fit on a GT3's more narrow fenders and with the 15" Ceramic calipers?

thanks for any help
rick

Old 12-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Rick - stop wetting yourself! It's embarassing

They can make them fit

Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
P40's look better imo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Work Vs-XX on a 997 TUrbo