997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

strait pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned
Dial_911_Turbo is infamous around these parts
strait pipes

what are they exactly?? i no they make ure car sound better but do they increase perf. and do just have strait pipes or do u also ad like a new exhaust too?

Old 12-08-2007, 03:45 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
"straight pipes" replace your mufflers (and your cats as well if you want).
this gives you more power, and weight reduction.

as you already know, they are loud....very loud...but as long as you only remove the mufflers or the cats and not both, you can live with it daily driving (i did it for 3 or so years)

Old 12-08-2007, 05:38 PM
tar6day is infamous around these parts
try bypass pipes

Old 12-09-2007, 05:09 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Get the fabspeed straight pipes and keep the cats intact, that should do.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:59 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I have these and run them on my car from time to time. How loud do you like your exhaust. LOL.

I can't say we sell a whole lot of these.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is infamous around these parts
sound clip.....[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVbzBFpDB8U[/media]

Old 12-09-2007, 12:40 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
if tenessee doesn't have emissions testing, pull the cats and replace them with a test pipe and run agency power/fabspeed/whatever lightweight mufflers. ther weight savings will be equal to bypass pipes and u'll make more power without the restrictive cats and it won't be stupid loud.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
don't straight pipes hurt your low end torque? Not sure on this, just what I have heard.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
My low end torque seems fine...haha

and yes...

that is all.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:02 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///M_Chap
don't straight pipes hurt your low end torque? Not sure on this, just what I have heard.
Yes, and I hated the pedal feel, there was like no pressure in the throttle!

Obnoxiously loud, etc.. PLUS, the car sounds horrible with straight pipe's, ot better. People asked if I had exhaust leaks!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:03 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
^^Ok, for high power applications, this can be true, but if your running stock, you should be fine...if anything you spool faster...

Old 12-11-2007, 12:10 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
^^Ok, for high power applications, this can be true, but if your running stock, you should be fine...if anything you spool faster...
WRONG, not with the K16's and mods done, had several people to verify it also.. Just wsnt enough back presure being generated by the small turbo's, lost tons of low end!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:17 PM
So thats why Im winning these races...

But you said with mods...which I have in effect none...All I know is I havent had any problems with low end torque loss with my car and if I have, I have only gained in the upper areas...

Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
silversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura about
By ditching the cats dont you get a check engine light?? Does this in any way revert the computer to a "safe mode"??? On my Viper I did this and liked it, but installed rear 02 simms which tricked the ECU into thinking the cats were functioning properly, thereby eliminating the CE light. Are these available on the 997 turbo application???

Old 12-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I got the check engine light with the straights, but just read and cleared the code via an obdII reader and i havent had any problems...and even if you dont clear the code, you wont go into a limp mode...its problems with boost that will send you to limp mode in a jiffy...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: strait pipes