997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

turbo cab on order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 10:43 AM
|
RSG212 is infamous around these partsRSG212 is infamous around these parts
turbo cab on order

looking for opinions-
Hey guys, i have an 06carrera S coupe that I am pretty happy with, recently i called the dealer to chat and i was offered a spot for a turbo cab with a januaray production. I was excited because I wanted to do a custom interior from the factory. I always wanted a linen full leather interior; the good news is porsche can get me this color leather but can not or will not give me matching carpet
for 175,000 should i settle and order the car to as close as possible or pass and maybe get a new cab or forget it totally and stick with my coupe

your opinions are welcome

ps (i was able to negotiate a discount off of the sticker of the turbo cab)

Old 12-13-2007 | 08:47 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
If you plan on keeping the car for a while, and given the level of customization I think you are, I would recommend that you wait till you can get it just right. I mean it will delay you a couple of months, but then whatever number of years you spend driving it you will never have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind that you should have waited.

But ultimately that depends on how important that option is to you. If everything is one color and the carpet doesnt match may be a bit offsetting, I know that when I didnt wait to build my M5 and just took dealer stock, though I love my car, I regret that decision just a little bit.

If it's something you've been planning for a while I'd say tough it out and wait. I got my build date bumped up to January from June but I wouldnt consider taking it if I couldnt spec my car exactly how I wanted.