997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

mod advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:08 PM
tunari13 is infamous around these parts
mod advice

I have a black 997TT. Here is what I have done so far: GIAC ECU flash, Tubi exhaust, Werks1 CF intake, Werks1 CF front lip and rear diffuser, Bilstein PSS9 damptronic coilovers, Fabspeed tips (black), FVD CF 340MM steering wheel.

Planning on Techart GTS black wheels. What do people think about IPD plenum, better intercoolers, aluminum diverter valves . . . worth it ? Any Other must do's people have installed ? Thanks for the input

Old 12-13-2007, 07:19 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tunari13
I have a black 997TT. Here is what I have done so far: GIAC ECU flash, Tubi exhaust, Werks1 CF intake, Werks1 CF front lip and rear diffuser, Bilstein PSS9 damptronic coilovers, Fabspeed tips (black), FVD CF 340MM steering wheel.

Planning on Techart GTS black wheels. What do people think about IPD plenum, better intercoolers, aluminum diverter valves . . . worth it ? Any Other must do's people have installed ? Thanks for the input
With your apparent modding addiction you would have been far better off buying a 996 turbo and modding that.

Good luck.

Last edited by tom kerr; 12-16-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:48 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
I wouldn't get the techart wheels. You spend all that money increasing performance to slap on some heavy wheels that will just slow you down. Get the champion magnesium wheels, some HRE mono blocks or some neez. I would definitely go with some intercoolers with all your mods.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:33 PM
alex@wheelexperts is infamous around these parts
the techarts def have a certain look that go with them....

to each his own tho...

Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Techarts look good but they are anchors in all respect, get some lighter wheels such as the Sportec's I think the 20"s for the non TT 997's weight 19 and 20lbs imagine how much they would way in 19 diameter.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
Go HRE Monoblocks on the wheels. Think about doing a Turbo Compressor wheel upgrade to go the next horsepower level.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Intercoolers ASAP!!!!

You have alot of mods. Your engine will thank you for the cooler air.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:08 PM
RoninW is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Porsche997TT
Intercoolers ASAP!!!!

You have alot of mods. Your engine will thank you for the cooler air.

2nd.... and leave the techart and HRE's out.

Try:
BBS, Kinesis, Fikse.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:27 PM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
you can find a lot of wheel threads on 6speed, where you will find your dreams come true

For me there is an other interesting question about the IPD Plenum:

Does it really work? Is there a independent dyno before/after run?

My suggestion: try the new 997TT IPD plenum and tell us your experiences

BTW: There are hard rules on 6speed: pics or ban ;-))))

Old 12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
With your apparent modding addiction you would have been far better off buying a 996 turbo and modding that. I am amazed at what you have done to a beautiful new high performance car.
What is your driving experience that a near 500 hp car brand new porsches top of the line is not even good enough to drive for a year before starting to waste money on it with products that have not even been on the market for the car barely a year.
I am truely astounded.

Good luck.
That's a judgemental comment if I ever heard one....sheesh.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:18 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
That's a judgemental comment if I ever heard one....sheesh.
+1

Its his money and hes looking for honest advice, if you have nothing positive to say, well.....

Old 12-16-2007, 06:19 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
+1

Its his money and hes looking for honest advice, if you have nothing positive to say, well.....
I did have something positive to say and I gave him good advice. Seems you guys are a little touchy

Sorry I will keep my comments to myself as you guys know better than I, now that I see you have started at least 9 *** kickn posts

Last edited by tom kerr; 12-16-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:06 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Maybe its just me but I dont see the advice?????

Old 12-16-2007, 07:46 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tunari13

The car sounds awesome! IMO stay away from the heavy Techarts and go with HRE's (C21's). They look amazing, are super light and extremely strong. Definitely do the DV's and intercoolers. I've heard mixed reviews on doing the plenum (on the 996TT at least). Either way, the car is EXACTLY what i would have done (wish i could afford one). Nice job!!! And post up some pics please!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by gmoney
Maybe its just me but I dont see the advice?????

I guess my "advise" (for what it was worth) was included in the first line of my post.
Just being honest. I hate to see a beautiful new car all modded up when it is badass to begin with.
the 996TT for the money and available aftermarket is much more doable and you are still working with the GT-1 engine block. so you can still achieve the same power levels.
It was just a thought, didnt mean to offend anyone

tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: mod advice