997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Another "Wicked" first... uh... vomit.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:22 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
There is an *** for every seat, someone is going to buy that thing

Old 12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
wow $140K for a fake turbo cab.....

wouldnt it be cheaper to get a legit cab S...and supercharge or or take it to RUF...or have the EVOM 700 kit put on it? You would have something better, faster and get more respect and even maybe save a few bucks no? or is my math off?

I would drive my regular ol C2 cab anyday to any meet....rather than pull up in that thing and get called out...

but like stated above..someone will buy it...and think they got the shizzle of a deal and be very very proud of the car.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:37 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Except for the seats, you guys can't say that looks half as bad as their other designs. This one could pass for a non-wicked car IMO.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:04 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
O man, i hope the rep from Wicked Motors on this forum doesnt see this thread. Poor guy...

Old 12-19-2007, 09:26 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
wow 5 bids... thats sad, i feel bad for those people
I'll bid...let me see, I have a dime and two pennies in my pocket...and a canadian dollar. Does that count?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:18 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
That's just wrong... On soo many levels...

How do these people stay in business?

Old 12-21-2007, 05:05 AM
subwaysam is infamous around these parts
not soooo fast..Wicked = pretty darn good actually...

Yest their recent yellow turbo cabrio is the COVER and FEATURE car on Dupont this month,....Dupont not really known for dealing with bad sellers. I do not have one of their cars, but a friend does. It was a salvage, turbo rebuild. I think it is spectacular. At least the car I drove (anyone else here actually see one, drive one?) it was fast , tight, body was sepctacular, paint was as good or better than factory.

Though their products and claims might be far fetched, I dont think anyone denies that they do good body work....actually, excellent body work,

Just my .02
sam

PS: I put an S on my highly *stage IV, full gt2 wing, black mirrors, nose, wing, etc) white 997 turbo...as there IS no turbo S (997) I did it as a joke to my local dealer, and to other turbo owners....no posing, if it does not exist, just some fun. Have a TYPE R on my lawn mower too...laugh every time

Old 12-21-2007, 05:09 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold

Yea that car is a joke

Old 12-21-2007, 07:10 AM
AeroTT is infamous around these parts
Wow, that car is almost as WICKED as the **** I took last night after eating x-spicy indian food.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:43 AM
BSM
BSM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by subwaysam
Yest their recent yellow turbo cabrio is the COVER and FEATURE car on Dupont this month,....Dupont not really known for dealing with bad sellers. I do not have one of their cars, but a friend does. It was a salvage, turbo rebuild. I think it is spectacular. At least the car I drove (anyone else here actually see one, drive one?) it was fast , tight, body was sepctacular, paint was as good or better than factory.

Though their products and claims might be far fetched, I dont think anyone denies that they do good body work....actually, excellent body work,

Just my .02
sam

PS: I put an S on my highly *stage IV, full gt2 wing, black mirrors, nose, wing, etc) white 997 turbo...as there IS no turbo S (997) I did it as a joke to my local dealer, and to other turbo owners....no posing, if it does not exist, just some fun. Have a TYPE R on my lawn mower too...laugh every time
Dupont is an advertisement registry, not a traditional editorial magazine - anyone can buy their way onto the cover. Far from an endorsement, and we should separate a dealer's willingness or ability to advertise from quality/reputation.

Taste is subjective, and that's what people are commenting on... I don't think anyone here is suggesting the car isn't "fast" (relative to what? a real turbo?), or that the quality of the repair body work isn't good.

BTW, a salvage title by definition is assigned by insurance co's to vehicles that have been damaged in excess of 75% of previous market value. Hard to understand why it makes sense that they could take a non-turbo salvaged car, fix/modify/alter the cosmetic and/or mechanical damage, mis-represent the model designation, and then list an asking price in the ballpark of NEW Turbo.

I hope your friend paid a material discount to market for his salvage titled vehicle.

Last edited by BSM; 12-21-2007 at 07:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-21-2007, 08:10 AM
redbone is infamous around these parts
no worse than fugly Gemballa interior

Old 12-21-2007, 08:13 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Wicked = Pure crap

But...............they have been around forever it seems so they must have a real mkt for this junk!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:52 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
The owner of wicked motors is on this forum. I will refrain from blasting his cars, but as enthusiasts we will always call em like we see em, and he should use this feed-back to judge his product line..

Old 12-24-2007, 06:32 AM
not completeley accurate....

Every state is different...not all states have the 75% rule...in fact, most are 33.33 or greater. Porsche OEM parts are so expensive, that when the list is created for parts, it OFTEN exceeds the depreciated value of the car..thus the salvage....

Also Dupont IS a a for sale editorial, however, they are known for dealing, showcasing only the best......ask them yourselves. I am not Wicked fan, employee or owner... I have as much or more (7 Porsche's) experience than anyone here...what I WAS saying is though the cover car in questions was gaudy, from the car I have been in FROM them, the work was top notch...and looked as good as factory to me (especially paint)..... Dupont most likely had 10-12 cover takers, they pick..and I assure you, they are not going to showcase a known problem. Wicked So Cal BBB record is good too, so things would say.....

They find donor cars, salvage typically, and do their thing.... LOTS of car companies do that..Factory 5, a little outfit out of the UK, AC, Shelby still does, etc... nothing new here.

Was just making sure that someone who actually had seen, touched, driven one of these cars got a comment in...anyone can zap it from 10k feet.... but take the crap work off the list...their work is NOT crap...at least from what I have seen and heard.

Sam

Originally Posted by BSM
Dupont is an advertisement registry, not a traditional editorial magazine - anyone can buy their way onto the cover. Far from an endorsement, and we should separate a dealer's willingness or ability to advertise from quality/reputation.

Taste is subjective, and that's what people are commenting on... I don't think anyone here is suggesting the car isn't "fast" (relative to what? a real turbo?), or that the quality of the repair body work isn't good.

BTW, a salvage title by definition is assigned by insurance co's to vehicles that have been damaged in excess of 75% of previous market value. Hard to understand why it makes sense that they could take a non-turbo salvaged car, fix/modify/alter the cosmetic and/or mechanical damage, mis-represent the model designation, and then list an asking price in the ballpark of NEW Turbo.

I hope your friend paid a material discount to market for his salvage titled vehicle.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Almost word for word what you will find in EVERY SINGLE SALES CONTRACT for a Porsche NOT bought at a Porsche dealer.... they just cut right to the chase, no different than that big fat X on the window sticker when it says NO WARRANTY..... trust me, you sign between 1-3 documents at each car purchase stating that you agree with what Wicked has in this single paragraph. Also, when their donor car is a salvage, it says so....it is cheaper than the real deal with all the enhancements, so what is the problem. Your option is to, well, NOT buy it...end of story.

These have a

Originally Posted by RDuke
"All of our used cars are sold AS-IS with no Express or Implied warranties of any kind. We cannot know if a car has "ever" been in an accident or ever had major mechanical issues unless we have owned the car it's entire life and sellers who tell you otherwise are not being completely truthful. All sales are absolutely final with no refunds."

Awesome!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another "Wicked" first... uh... vomit.