997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fellow 6Speeder helps bring my 997 TT home!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 04:44 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
i would have been more than happy to have picked it up and drive it home! i'd even skip work!

if anyone in our local 6 family gets a new pcar and needs some help driving it.....i'll be the first to volunteer! i'm very helpful! heheeh!

congrats again! i love looking at the pictures! that has to be so exciting for you!
You'll even wear your seatbelts when you do that, right?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:20 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^^^yes! i promise!

"i'm a good driver. i drive slowly around the driveway on sundays" =P

Old 12-21-2007, 12:46 PM
khaosai is infamous around these parts
Hi,

great looking car Brad.

Looking at your spec you said you got the centre console and the seatbacks painted in exterior colour. Is the lower portion of the handbrake the same ?, i.e exterior colour, as it seems to match the centre console perfectly.

How much of a difference in colour is there between the colours you chose, and aluminum. The reason i ask is i am going for aluminium PCM and seat backs, probably on an Arctic exterior.

Would really appreciate a close up pic of the seat backs if possible.

Jason, top guy for willing to help out !.

Rgds.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:04 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I have the same e-brake handle (EGA) too and they match really well so you'd be well served to go with the same setup. You can also get the same painted lower portion with the other aluminum option (DAD) too. I also believe that there's another option to get your seatbacks painted aluminum look. Brad went with the exterior color seatbacks. Aluminum-look seatbacks is option code XCG. That would look perfect with XCK - rear center console in aluminum look and the aluminum look PCM (CCP). Be sure to get option code CDZ - gear shift trim in leather since that's on top of the center console and would tie the gear shift boot to the front console.

Last edited by atomic80; 12-21-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi,

thanks for the pointers Jason.

Here is what i am planning on.

Exterior...still unsure, but thinking about Arctic or GT silver. This i am finding a pretty tough decision, as i like most colour options available !!.

Leather interior in black.

Sport chrono plus.
Sport shifter.

Adaptive sport seats.
Floor mats.
Seat belts in silver-grey.

Porsche crest on head restraints.
Lid of storage bin with porsche crest.
Gear lever trim leather.
Door finishers in leather.
Steering column casing leather.
Rear section of centre console in leather.
Three-spoke steering wheel in smooth leather.

Gear lever and handbrake lever in aluminium 2 = DAD.
Belt outlet B pillars aluminium look.
Y trim on three spoke steering wheel aluminium look.
Sports seat backrests aluminium look.
PCM aluminium look.

Thinking about other leather options, namely the sun visors, rear view mirror and the dome light. Anybody got these options and wished they had, or had not ?.

Decided to delay delivery till Sept 08.

Rgds.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I think that you definitely will like the leather sun visors and dome light but not the rear view mirrors. You can't really tell that its leather unless you looked up close. The non-leather sunvisors are made out of vinyl and looks really out of place. The dome light completes the package. Have you also thought about adding the thicker spokes to the steering wheel? It feels great. And finally I would go with the model logo on the compartment storage bin instead of the Porsche crest. You already have the crests on your headrests.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi Jason,

will pop over to the showroom and see if there any cars in with those leather extras mentioned. Always nice to see what your getting before purchasing of course. I have a bit of time on my hands which is a benefit.

I think i saw you mention somewhere that you wish you went for the aluminium look PCM....is that still the case ?.

Initially i had selected the turbo logo on the compartment lid, but when viewed on the porsche configurator i think it looks great with the porsche logo. All 3 seem to compliment each other.

Would really like to see a thicker steering wheel too. Is it possible to get this option with the Y trim in aluminium, but without the multi function option ?.

All very subjective but fun nonetheless.

Rgds.

Last edited by khaosai; 12-22-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I've got PLENTY of pictures of these items.

turbo logo on compartment lid

Leather sunvisors

Leather dome light

And yes, that's correct, I do wish that I got the aluminum look PCM.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:16 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the new Turbo!

Old 12-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi,

thanks for the pics of the leather options mentioned. Is that the standard stitching that you have ?.

Is it possible to get the aluminium look PCM painted now after delivery ?.

You have any more pics and words to post on your new car Brad ?.

Rgds.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:41 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on your stunning new turbo - just beautiful. Jason is also a friend of mine and has been so much help to me. I have the next build slot at Barrier (sorry). My 997TT build is on 2/11 and the wait is killing me too. We will all have to line up our TT's for a drive and photo shoot this summer - silver, blue and white. Find a guards red and we can do a 4th of July pic!

Anyway, congratulations. BoxsterGirlie - I'll join you too to help pick up cars - we can have some good times! Can't wait to meet you soon.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Probably not going to be possible to get the PCM painted post-delivery unless you want to fork over $$$ because the units would have to be carefully taken apart and painted (assuming they can match the aluminum look paint well) and then put it back together. Too much trouble but I know now what to get if I order another Porsche.

Greta, nice to see you on here too. Having a good time so far? You're getting close!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:12 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on a beautiful car Brad.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:55 PM
eaglejackson is infamous around these parts
Awesome! Another Seattle local joins the 997TT club. Jason is the da man, too.