997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best minor performance mods for a new TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 02:47 PM
The Red Sled is infamous around these parts
Best minor performance mods for a new TT

my firts porsche, a TT cab should be in any day now. i'm switching from a very fast car (1100 hp vette as my daily driver) and having "been there, done that" would like to "tweak" my porsche for performance without automatically voiding the warranty.

any suggestions from you experienced folks who have already been down this road?

i love my vette but i'm really excited about the new cab... my wife said it was time for a grown up car... grown up? at 63?

thanx for any counsel offered.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:51 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Red Sled
my firts porsche, a TT cab should be in any day now. i'm switching from a very fast car (1100 hp vette as my daily driver) and having "been there, done that" would like to "tweak" my porsche for performance without automatically voiding the warranty.

any suggestions from you experienced folks who have already been down this road?

i love my vette but i'm really excited about the new cab... my wife said it was time for a grown up car... grown up? at 63?

thanx for any counsel offered.
Congrats on the new car.

What do you plan on doing with the car? Is it a daily driver? How important is the factory warranty to you? How aggressive do you drive?

Personally, I wouldn't do anything with it for now. Just enjoy it. Once you have miles on it, I'd consider springs and alignment...one of the biggest weaknesses for the coupe...not sure if it the same issue for the cab.

After that...exhaust...maybe ECU. Exhaust will give you a few ponies, and definately sound better. ECU will probably violate warranty....but the combination of both will unleash at least 60-80 HP.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Exhaust would be #1.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Software by GIAC
Exhaust by GMG

Makes for a nice and fast street car.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by The Red Sled
i'm switching from a very fast car (1100 hp vette as my daily driver)
How did you get the Vettte to 1100 hp?? That must have taken either some serious know-how or a lot of cash money. Is it a Lingenfelter design/modification? Is it a C6? I know that the complete Lingenfelter kit can run up and towards $50,000 for the mods alone and it only raises the hp to around 800 hp. Plus, it takes a team of experts 3 months to put the thing together. And I believe they are not street-legal in California because they won't pass emissions.

When we used to meet up at the Crystal Cove there were a few Vette enthusiasts who had personally massaged their engines to around 750 hp and it was a true labor of love for those guys - I mean thousands of hours with that engine and untold cost. It was their whole life. I've posted a pic of one below. But they would have NEVER even considered using those bad boys as daily drivers. You couldn't even breathe on them without getting a cross look.

Ah, I miss the Crystal Cove . . . Best car meet in the nation - bar none. The other pic below will bring it back for those who experienced it.

With 1100 hp you must have one of the baddest Vettes on the planet brother. Post some pics of that bad boy and list the mods it took to get it there (I'm guessing you started with a twin turbo system). Also, stats (0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile times, etc.) would be very interesting. I mean, 1100 hp - that is no small feat! I put two months and a lot of money into a heavily modified SLK55 AMG Mercedes and only came out with about an 80 hp gain. But it felt like a rocketship once I was done. I can't even fathom more than doubling the hp in an already fast car!

You are my new hero!

Attached Images   

Last edited by Barrister; 01-01-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:47 PM
andytsai is infamous around these parts
[quote=The Red Sled;1570544](1100 hp vette as my daily driver) quote]
1100hp as a daily driver?

Old 01-02-2008, 07:25 AM
mawyatt is infamous around these parts
The exhaust is the best for starters. I had the Fabspeed exhaust and EVO headers done by Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota. You can feel the difference and the turbos spool up quicker, and the sound alone is worth the effort. Later I plan on adding the GIAC ECU.

Happy New Year,

Mike

Old 01-02-2008, 07:48 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Personally I think you should focus more on the handling than increasing the power. Go with a set of Damptronic coilovers before you do anything else.