997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Interior Color with Guards Red

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:30 PM
pos
pos is infamous around these parts
Interior Color with Guards Red

I just placed an order for a Guards Red Turbo Cab. I am upgrading from an '07 C2S Cab in Guards red with black interior. I'm still up in the air regarding the interior and would appreciate any advise as I have a couple of weeks left before it has to be finalized. I was set to go with either a black interior or the black/beige with some CF. The salesman convinced me to go with a cocoa top and interior. I haven't seen this combination other than in pictures and although it sounds reasonable I'm still a bit skeptical. In place of the CF we've put the Makassar wood on the steering wheel, shifter, brake and the cup holders.

Other options include, supple leather on std. seats, Porsche crest in headrests, door entry in SST, sport crono and tiptronic. My C2 is a manual and I had not considered the Tip until I drove a C2 with it (and besides that the wife STRONGLY suggested the tip so she could drive it). I'm sure I'll get some useful advise here also.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:31 PM
richtor is infamous around these parts
black int, with all red stitching!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:33 PM
monsoonmadness is infamous around these parts
NO WOOD!!!

IMO, I would go with the Natural brown/black interior. black upper dash with Nat. Brown everywhere else. If you want to get real crazy, I LOVE the painted seat backs in red.

But IMO, Carbon looks the best with anything. The wood is for a Mercedes.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Stay away from wood unless you want to keep the car forever.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:53 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
NO WOOD. I'm partial to black and/or grey with carbon fiber. In terms of the tip, do what I did and buy the wife a new car.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:54 PM
TurboBill is infamous around these parts
black seatbacks & black leather with red stitching would look really good on a red car (w/ standard red brakes).

Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Dunit is infamous around these partsDunit is infamous around these parts
Blk and lots of CF. Red stitch also looks good...

Old 01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Beige or Natural Brown.....NEVER black interior (hot, dark and cheap looking)

Old 01-05-2008, 04:27 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
With the red exterior the tan interior is classy looking. Or to sporten it up a bit consider black interior with red stitching + seat backs in red.

Avoid wood interior.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:42 PM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
No wood; order black full leather with lower dash and upholstery in natural brown. There are a few mid and lower door panel parts that should also be in the deviating color (natural brown). You might also want to think about deviating carpets in natural brown if you prefer less contrast.
This would be stunning with red!

dk

Old 01-05-2008, 05:11 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Agreed with the others, no wood, wood just doesn't look good in a TT.

Black top with black interior with full red stitching will look really sharp!

Just be sure to add CDZ so that you'll have stitching on the gear shift trim

Red seatbacks, either EGA or DAD gear shift/ebrake handle. It's the only way to get deviated stitching on the gear shift boot/ebrake handle cover because it falls under the exclusive options category which option code 09991 covers.

Model logo on compartment cover

Old 01-05-2008, 05:44 PM
BSM
BSM is infamous around these parts
atomic80 has it right in those pics - black leather, red stitching, red painted seat backs, red dials, etc... various carbon bits work here as well.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TurboBill
black seatbacks & black leather with red stitching would look really good on a red car (w/ standard red brakes).
Thats an excellent color combo

Old 01-05-2008, 07:59 PM
M-Funf is infamous around these parts
since you are not close enough to me for it to matter, go with red/ black / deviated red stitcjing / belts

Old 01-06-2008, 07:49 AM
pos
pos is infamous around these parts
Thanks to everyone who commented - it is very helpful and confirms my original thoughts. The pictures were particularly good. I'm going back to my original thinking - black or black/beige or black/natural with CF.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interior Color with Guards Red