997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

LoJack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 03:00 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Berndindallas
Don't want to hijack this thread but being a new TT owner I thought that the car had an immobilizer built in and you would need the actual key with the transmitter in it to start it. So I take it the whole immobilizer thing is not as great as Porsche makes it sound like?
Yes, the key/ignition has an immobilizer transponder (just like my Suburban too) - doesn't prevent the car from being stolen - LoJack, Onstar, etc. just help in the recovery process.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:03 PM
BklynNY is infamous around these parts
I'd feel the same...it's a personal violation

Old 08-28-2011, 03:25 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Dallas,

That's some interesting stuff you are talking about. What about the wallet key? It's all plastic with nothing in it . You lock and arm the alarm of the tt with your key, but other than that I am not aware of anything else.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
What if.............

...............you are car jacked and your loved ones are in the car w/o you. Money is no longer the question. The fastest possible way of finding the car is critical. I always lock my car (for any length of time with the club. I travel intl. alot and I lock my garage doors with 2 packlocks (either side each door), have 160 MPH rated film on the house windows (I would love to see the unfortunate soul hit my windows with a sledge hammer and come back and hit them square in the forehead), and solid core doors in the master. I also have a small arsenal of auto and semi automatic weapons. I have been shot once (long story) and will NOT hesitate to pull the trigger if provoked (many say they wont hesitate but end up dead).

The Lojack, Guidepoint, or anything close to it is a very good investment (for me). Too many nuts out there.

I would love to pull out a 25mm Bushmaster and cut them in half in .000001 seconds if not for correlateral damage.

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 08-28-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:48 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
Dallas,

That's some interesting stuff you are talking about. What about the wallet key? It's all plastic with nothing in it . You lock and arm the alarm of the tt with your key, but other than that I am not aware of anything else.
Wallet key has a transponder chip in it...car won't start w/o it.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:05 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
I have LoJack with early warning system on all my cars and bikes. Being with LE for a long time and know a lot of bad stories. LoJack works.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Berndindallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Wallet key has a transponder chip in it...car won't start w/o it.
Yup, that was my understanding too. You can monkey with the ignition as long as you want but without the correct transponder code your electronics will not allow the car to start. They would have to haul the car off with a flatbed or wrecker truck to steal it.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Sanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura about
Slow, PM me if your coming to town, I don"t want to hijack the thread but I cannot PM you....yet. On the way to Ranong right now.....

Old 08-29-2011, 08:01 AM
levrac68 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Berndindallas
Yup, that was my understanding too. You can monkey with the ignition as long as you want but without the correct transponder code your electronics will not allow the car to start. They would have to haul the car off with a flatbed or wrecker truck to steal it.
Yes... That's exactly what they do. Then they let the car cool off for two days or so. Lojack doesn't transmit through thick concrete like they say it does. When I worked LE in the Grand Larceny Auto unit, the system only transmitted for a few days after the auto battery was disconnected. Unless things have changed over the past few years and they've made the system better, that's what you're looking at. Also, it's up to the officer and their command to have the detection units working properly in the patrol car. Even in that case, they need some training in how to interpret the signal and track the car. I know there are plenty of patrol cars that don't have the tracking units and many of the ones that do aren't even turned on due to the annoyance of the false alarms.

There is no sure way to stop your car from being stolen. Just take the proper precautions to reduce that risk.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 PM
jasonlojack is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kw911TT
I have LoJack with early warning system on all my cars and bikes. Being with LE for a long time and know a lot of bad stories. LoJack works.
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your support and for being a valued LoJack customer.

Jason @LoJack
jaleman (a) lojack dot com

Old 08-29-2011, 01:13 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I wouldn't want my car back either. If it is gone then let it stay gone for 48 hours so I can get my insurance check.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:34 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jasonlojack
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your support and for being a valued LoJack customer.

Jason @LoJack
jaleman (a) lojack dot com
JASON,

When I got my 997 turbo, one of my keys had a LoJack FOB on it. No certificate or serial card. How do I activate it ? Car is in South East Phoenix.

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:53 AM
jasonlojack is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
JASON,

When I got my 997 turbo, one of my keys had a LoJack FOB on it. No certificate or serial card. How do I activate it ? Car is in South East Phoenix.

Thanks.

Hey,

Thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like you have a LoJack Early Warning System. You shouldent have to activate the system itself per say...it should already be armed and ready to go and you should be notified if your car is moved without permission. The problem might be we don't have your current contact information, so if there was an alert you personally wont get notified as the car is registered in someone else's name. I suggest calling us with your VIN handy and getting the information in our system updated. The number is 1-800-4-LOJACK

Thank you!

Jason Aleman
LoJack Corporation

Last edited by jasonlojack; 09-01-2011 at 12:30 PM.