997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

LoJack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
LoJack

Anybody have it? I have all ways wondered were they put it? Does anybody know?

I know they try to put it in different places of the car....How big is the LoJack tracking deviece anyways?

I payed $950 for mine....

Old 01-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Philly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the rough
I'm seriously considering it. Does anyone else have this?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I have it on my C4S. I paid around the same price I think. When they first installed it (the LoJack installer puts it in a secret location that not even your Porsche dealer will know), they lodged some wire loose. My car was having starting problems and after about six trips to Porsche and trying everything we had Lojack come out and it was later discovered they caused this problem during the install.

It lowered my insurance rates some. In Washington we have very high car theft rates and recently LOJack led them to a stolen BMW where they also recovered many other stolen cars. One time I took it to the shop without the token and when they moved my car, LoJack notified me immediately everywhere - email, phone, cell, etc.

I will be getting it on my next car.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Honestly I wouldnt want it. If someone steals my car, I never want it back. How often does one get their recovered stolen vehicle back in the same or similar condition.

I am sure there are some but for most it cant be good. With my insurance, Lojack only reduces the comprehensive part of the premium by 20%.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vic55
Honestly I wouldnt want it. If someone steals my car, I never want it back. How often does one get their recovered stolen vehicle back in the same or similar condition.

I am sure there are some but for most it cant be good. With my insurance, Lojack only reduces the comprehensive part of the premium by 20%.
Part of the point of LoJack is you are notified within minutes (just a few) of any movement of your car. Therefore, you hopefully can be on the defensive yourself (or police) before they get very far or can do any damage. I have known over a dozen friends who have had cars stolen (without LoJack). The problem is if you don't get it back, you don't get near the value of the car. It is a toss up I guess. I'd rather catch them early before damage, than have them recover your car (without LoJack) and then be left with having to fix the damage yourself. They do recover many stolen vehicles weeks later that have been stripped/damaged and insurance does very little.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
Part of the point of LoJack is you are notified within minutes (just a few) of any movement of your car. Therefore, you hopefully can be on the defensive yourself (or police) before they get very far or can do any damage. I have known over a dozen friends who have had cars stolen (without LoJack). The problem is if you don't get it back, you don't get near the value of the car. It is a toss up I guess. I'd rather catch them early before damage, than have them recover your car (without LoJack) and then be left with having to fix the damage yourself. They do recover many stolen vehicles weeks later that have been stripped/damaged and insurance does very little.
Oh you must be talking about the "early warning" version ... that one is cool but isnt it circa $$1500 bucks?

Old 01-08-2008, 09:44 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
I have it in all my cars and it's about the size of a cassette tape

Old 01-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NYSpeedRacer84
I have it in all my cars and it's about the size of a cassette tape
The tech was on the drivers side of the car and I think he put it under the seat or under the dash.....It's still very hard to find.

And yes it is worth the $950. I was thinking the same thing, if it gets stolen then I dont want it back. But knowing the the insurance company is going to give you like 1/2 of the cars value then I wouldn't risk it.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 AM
WilyB is infamous around these parts
I use GuidePointSystems.com, a GPS/GSM (Cingular) tracking device which let you check on your cars (location, speed, direction etc.) via the Internet.

It is cheaper than LoJack and IMO offers more possibilities.

http://www.guidepointsystems.com/fsaward.shtml

Old 01-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Havalilsi is infamous around these parts
I've done Lojack on different vehicles and there are different locations on any given vehicle in which to put it. For instance, I was helping my dad with 4 Lincoln Navigators and we had to put them in different locations.

Lojack is actually getting better in regards to the competition from GPS. Lojack was usually inert until activated by the police while GPS is capable of being tracked by the owner of the vehicle. The only thing is Lojack is a one time cost, while GPS require monthly service for the use of the cell towers. But like someone said GPS can tell you location and speed of your vehicle at anytime. You can even set up a perimeter to allow the vehicle to alert you if it has been moved, and yes GPS can be cheaper initially, but with time and the monitoring fess it can add up.

Last edited by Havalilsi; 01-09-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
RDuke is infamous around these parts
http://gps-snitch.com/index.html

This is much better and used by many of the Hotrod guys.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Vic55
Oh you must be talking about the "early warning" version ... that one is cool but isnt it circa $$1500 bucks?
Yes, it is the early warning version and it cost me under $1000 nearly 1.5 years ago.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:55 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
When I bought my 997turbo, one of the keys had the little black LoJack fob on it. Does that mean that I have it installed? I didn't get any certificate or little card with the serial number. I had LoJack on my Aston Martinez in the past, same gizmo on the keys.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:22 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Are 911TT's on the list of target vehicles? If you drive an Escalade, I'd suggest getting one, but for cars that aren't high on the stolen cars list, it doesn't seem to make as much sense. Also, if it does get stolen, I never want it back--friends who've gotten their stolen cars back were never the same again, plus they said it felt forever "tainted".

Old 08-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Berndindallas is infamous around these parts
Don't want to hijack this thread but being a new TT owner I thought that the car had an immobilizer built in and you would need the actual key with the transmitter in it to start it. So I take it the whole immobilizer thing is not as great as Porsche makes it sound like?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LoJack